No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhhhhhh... He paid a shop to build this for him? So for $4,000 you get mismatched bald tires, grime, zip ties/hanging wires and rust??

1975 Honda CB360 CAFE RACER - $4000 (oakland hills / mills)

SUPER cool bike, tons of character and vibe. '75 CB360, café'd out, custom seat and pipes. Totally stripped down.

I had this thing totally redone and customized for me last February, but have only ridden her twice! A rib injury kept me from riding and now I am moving to New York - need to sell quickly. This bike deserves someone who'll appreciate riding a true cafe. There is slight rust on body, but nothing a liitle CLR can't fix . . . or if you want to throw a little paint on her (I didn't do this bc I like the raw, weathered look). GREAT starter bike or for someone who likes a true cafe look.

Bars and head light are original. There is some surface rust here and there.

Runs outstanding. Clean title and registration.
    The price is somewhat negotiable. Cash in hand gets you test drive.

Vintage Honda, located in Glendale CA, built this. The shop specializes in vintage rebuilds and guarantees their work. Also if you need repairing, they will do the best job at the best price, a nominal fee to tow the bike to their shop.

Comment

Wow, he's charging extra for the rust. What a maroon.
      Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
      87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
      99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
      15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

ah,Tornado, you must have missed this:
        ...I like the raw, weathered look
        It's California so maybe he had the tank "done" in a Rain-shower Salon and that's worth extra, right?

I'm gonna put my bike in the rain. It'll be worth a fortune in 6 months!

Comment

$7999 for a 1980 Honda XR200. Jesus and Beer Yee Haa!!!
          IBA# 12860
          Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
          1984 KZ1100R
          2008 Kawasaki KLR650
          2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
            $7999 for a 1980 Honda XR200. Jesus and Beer Yee Haa!!!
            http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...-1980_18959173
            LOL. I think it has something to do with that bottle of Jose Cuervo.

Comment

Yes I saw that today too. LOL...only in Victoria!
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Don-lo View Post
                Anyone need some nice drag race parts from a GS850G, like an 1150 motor?

miscategorized prohibited spam/overpost best of craigslist
                Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee More info
                1986 Suzuki GS 850 G Make an Offer!!! - $750 (Barnesville)

Date: 2013-01-17, 11:55AM EST
                Reply to this postReply to: kjhmf-3518064938@sale.craigslist.org[?]

I have a 1986 Suzuki GS 850 G. It needs a new back tire. I don't know to much about the bike. I need to sale it as soon as possible.

Please give me a call at (7seven0-five8four-six14five) if you have any questions or like to look at it or want to make an offer.

Tags: Atlanta, Griffin, Forysth, Thomaston, Hampton, Lovejoy, Jonesboro, McDonough, Stockbridge, nissan, Peachtree City, Newnan, Tyrone, Griffin, Senoia, McDonough, Hampton, College Park, East Point, Jonesboro, Riverdale, Coweta, Palmetto, Clayton, Fayette, Henry, South Atlanta, Spalding, Lamar, Pike, Upson, rare car, old car, classic, Athens, Macon, dacula,auburn, lawrenceville,loganville,monroe,Banks,Dawson,Forsy th,Franklin, Habersham,Hall, Hart,Lumpkin,Rabun, Stephens,Towns, Union,White,Cherokee, clayton,Cobb, dekalb,Douglas, Fayette,Fulton, Gwinnett,Henry,Rockdale,Athens, Barrow,Elbert, Greene,Jackson, Jasper,Madison, Morgan,Newton, Oconee,Oglethorpe, Walton,Butts, Carroll,Coweta, Heard,Meriwether, Troup, truck, pick-up, pick up, work truck

....and since it has a chain, it's not a G. Wonder what the title says?

Comment

Results of Maine cabin fever

I like these handlebars-no sweat and no need for seat!

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                    I like these handlebars-no sweat and no need for seat!

http://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/3570870523.html
                    Just needs to be wired up and fired up! LOL!!!!
                    Current stable:

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
                      ....and since it has a chain, it's not a G. Wonder what the title says?
                      Probably says something closer to what it actually is ... an '80 or '81 750E or 1100E.

The " 1986 850" that was claimed, was not only shaft-driven, but was not available in USA or Canada past 1983, and it never had a tail light or gauge cluster like that.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        Probably says something closer to what it actually is ... an '80 or '81 750E or 1100E.

The " 1986 850" that was claimed, was not only shaft-driven, but was not available in USA or Canada past 1983, and it never had a tail light or gauge cluster like that. .
                        From what I can see it is from an 1100E, why do you say, the foot peg mounts are alloy. The 750 use a two piece chrome. The 1100 foot peg mounts won't fit a 750 frame with out some mods. Gauge cluster is from a 1100E as well. Looks like the forks are from something else as well. What a bastard bike.
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                          From what I can see it is from an 1100E, why do you say, the foot peg mounts are alloy. The 750 use a two piece chrome. The 1100 foot peg mounts won't fit a 750 frame with out some mods. Gauge cluster is from a 1100E as well. Looks like the forks are from something else as well. What a bastard bike.
                          Just for giggles, I wrote to the seller and asked "What's the model and serial number on the neck tube?"

EDIT: I had asked the seller about some of the inconsistencies and inquired about the model & serial number. He wrote back "Thanks for the info" and that was it. CL advert is still up, unchanged - even the part that says "I don't know to much about this bike" Let the buyer beware.
                          Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

550 trike

Somebody is crazy.........

Larry D
                            1980 GS450S
                            1981 GS450S
                            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

CL > akron-canton > all for sale / wanted > motorcycles/scooters - by ownerReplyReply to: 6hk8q-3510733151@sale.craigslist.org [?]

flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of
                              Posted: 2013-01-23, 2:51PM EST
                              MAD MAX Street Fighter - $1500 (Canton)

1982 SUZUKI , needs exaust finished, everything else is ready to go .Please e-mail any Questions.
                              Current stable:

Comment

nice hackjob rearsets lol. now the shift pattern is backwards and the shirter is a foot from the peg. i feel sorry for the cb400f tank too.

Comment

Working...
                                X