Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kerry View Post
    Isn't Edmonton about to legislate how loud your bike can be? (IIRC, 92 db at idle will be the max permitted.)

I wonder why...
    Yes they are.
    Check out what Yukon Jack has to say about it.

Might have to scroll down to "Motorbike Noise".

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
      Yes they are.
      Check out what Yukon Jack has to say about it.

Might have to scroll down to "Motorbike Noise".
      Funny. Maybe true.

I wonder how loud The Flame! is? Stock exhaust in pretty good shape...

Comment

....and you even get the helmet!

Comment

It deserves better....

So you spend all that money on customization, and then stuff the bike in a corner outside the garage. Then you decide to sell it, and can't even drag it out for decent photos?

Comment

Another one of those that "all it needs is a powertrain" bikes for $4500

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Harley Resale value

Apparently Harley's NEVER loose too much value....
              ... Even after the owner crashes it

This guy is also funny. He thinks his "slammed" bagger can, I quote, "Roast a sport bike." I'd love to see him try that one, especially since he ends the add saying the clutch cant handle the power.

Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                He thinks his "slammed" bagger can, I quote, "Roast a sport bike."
                Roast, at least in the Harely vernacular, means going 0-15 mph in first gear before the other guy starts to move.

Usually followed by "laying her down", "loud pipes saving a life", "ride bells doing whatever a ride bell does", or some other idiotic *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ babble.

BWAAPPP pop pop popBWAppop pop BWAPP.

Those old Donkey engines sound like crap anyway, I would be embarrassed to make all that maltuned, unbalanced, misfiring, farting noise going around the block or to the next bar. There's one in my neighborhood, loud as can be, apehangers over his head, never goes more than a mile or two. I can hear the whole route, one mile up, half mile over, one mile back. Sits so low he has to stop to go around the corner to the next street. Idiot.
                If you were driving your Mom's four cylinder chevy automatic, would you really want a loud pipe to advertise it?
                Why are these pathetic stone age engines any different?
                Last edited by tkent02; 06-16-2010, 02:38 PM.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

This guy is also funny. He thinks his "slammed" bagger can, I quote, "Roast a sport bike." I'd love to see him try that one, especially since he ends the add saying the clutch cant handle the power.

http://reading.craigslist.org/mcy/1788535035.html
                  You don't want this hardcore bike if you cant turn a wrench.
                  Read to say - It breaks quite a bit and you'll spend more time fixing it than riding it.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

http://reading.craigslist.org/mcy/1788535035.html
                    OK - on his '82, he put bits and pieces from the following years: '80, '90, '91, '00, '01, and '08, punched up the engine, spent big $$ on fasteners, and never thought about how to transfer all that power to the road? Sounds much more like "I built this from whatever parts I could salvage/find/steal", and hasn't been able to steal whatever it takes to make the speedometer work?

And would somebody please translate this phrase into English? "Slammed on a burly slammer lowering kit front springs...."

Comment

if I had a couple hundred bucks I'd go rescue this one:

http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/1775971572.html

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
                        if I had a couple hundred bucks I'd go rescue this one:

http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/1775971572.html
                        Hey, just give him that extra INDASH TOUCHSCREEN UNIT FOR CAR..******* you have sitting around.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I think White Thunder needs to be struck by lightning.

'82 Suzuki GS650 - $500 (Cave Creek)

Date: 2010-06-18, 10:30AM MST
                          Reply to: sale-g4pze-1798648182@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

White Thunder needs a new home. This is a 1982 Suzuki GS650G...$500.

Like any older bike this one has its pros & its cons. Its a good bike, but there is a reason its only $500.

Pros:
                          Clean and Clear Title
                          Tires have a lot of tread left on them
                          Engine has strong compression, all four cylinders are around 150-160psi
                          Bike only has 13,000 original miles
                          These older bikes are mechanically uncomplicated and easy to work on.

Cons:
                          Bike is not currently running
                          Charging system has some issues
                          Did not pass emmisions (was running rich at time of test)

I bought this bike over a year ago in the exact same shape it is in today, it has been my daily runner for the entire time that I have owned it. The only difference is that it has 3000 more miles on it than when I bought it. The bike needs some tlc. It is not currently running because of some minor electrical issues. I fixed those issues last year, but they have come back as I knew they eventually would, because I did not permanintly solve the problem. Over all this bike is in good mechanical condition, but with all honesty it has been a bit of a lemon, it doesnt have to be though, just needs a little TLC. I am hesitent to sell it, but I am heading to Chicago to work for the summer, I dont want to store it, and I need the money. I really like this bike. I have owned a number of early 80's Japanese bikes and this one is cool, its fst and sturdy, it's a muscular 650. So with a little bit of love you could have yourself a good bike.

If your interested I would be happy to go into greater detail about the issues wwith this bike.
                          My name is Karl. Give a call or text any time at 323.251.8289 or respond via email.

Thanks for looking, I hope somebody sees the potential in this old classic.
                          • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Comment

Isn't it a bad thing to rotate the crankshaft when you know the cam chain is broken?

1985 Suzuki GS700E project - $650 (Chuluota / Oviedo)

Date: 2010-06-19, 8:46AM EDT
                            Reply to: see below

1985 Suzuki GS700E.

Bike is in very good, very complete, very original cosmetic shape. Everything is present and accounted for. Odometer shows only 14k miles.

I bought it as a project because previous owner said it didn't run. I took a chance.

Well, yesterday I started disassembly / repair and discovered a broken rocker arm and a broken cam chain. I haven't done any further disassembly or troubleshooting.

Head will likely need to come off to check for bent valves, although they all appear to move properly when pressed with your finger.

Engine cases will likely need to be split to replace the cam chain unless you can find a master-link style camchain.

Crank turns freely and you can see all pistons moving (looking into plug holes).

This project is now more than I want to tackle.

Come and get it!!

I will NOT part it out, so if you want something, you'll have to buy the whole bike. :-)

Title is free and clear and ready to sign over to you!!

Everything else looks to be in excellent shape - original exhaust, triple disk brakes, anti-dive front forks, fully adjustable mono-shock rear suspension, good-looking tires, good-looking chain and sprockets, good-looking seat, no dents in the tank, original paint and decals.

Asking $650 OBO.

Call Kirk at 407-924-2926 (8:30am ~ 9pm only, please). Or email kirkcheri@msn.com

I'll answer any questions you have or send close-up photos of any detail you like.

Comment

Originally posted by drejal View Post
                              Isn't it a bad thing to rotate the crankshaft when you know the cam chain is broken?
                              Generally, yep!

And equally bad to turn a complete bike into a pile-o-parts, "some assembly required"?

Wasn't a bad looking little bike until Mr. Curious got out the wrenches....

Comment

That's a nice looking bike, and in that condition, if it was near me, I'd be thinking about for sure. I've wanted to pick up one of these or the 500 at a steal for some time now.

Sure it's not running, but the aesthetics are perfect. Talk him down to $500 and take it. Engine work is easy compared to rust removal, hunting down side covers, etc.
                                Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X