Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Ruddock View Post
    oh. my. god. If you're trying to sell a 1970's spider bicycle for $2200, the least you could do is post a picture of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ikantbreave View Post
      1983 suzuki gs1100l runs excellent looks very good surprisingly easy rider would even recommend for beginner no need to upgrade later because has all the power you will ever need extremely fast speedo goes to 140 and I'm sure would do it but never took to it myself 70 fast enough for me and that is at red line of second gear o to 70 in 2 seconds all gauges work including gear indicator which is nice to have gas gauge also works gets over 40mpg amazing gas milage for this size of bike rear tire like new front tire at least half tread life left no rotting going on great bike low price nothing wrong with it ready to ride purrs like a kitten roars like a lion 50000 actual miles but looks new excellent condition must have been garaged most of its life dual overhead cam 4 cylinder dual front dics brakes and disc rear brake email if interested
      PostingID: 1805911117
      "dual front dics brakes"? Why doesn't craigslist allow you to flag for not using punctuation or caps?

Comment

Originally posted by chuck c View Post
        "dual front dics brakes"? Why doesn't craigslist allow you to flag for not using punctuation or caps?
        Because more than half of the ads would be taken off!

Comment

beginner bike??

Originally posted by ikantbreave View Post
          1983 suzuki gs1100l runs excellent looks very good surprisingly easy rider would even recommend for beginner no need to upgrade later because has all the power you will ever need extremely fast
          Yup a GS1100 is what comes to mind when I want to recommend a beginner bike.

Comment

I am left speechless by this one. Just have to see the stupidity for yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
              I am left speechless by this one. Just have to see the stupidity for yourselves.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/1813500052.html
              must be from an episode of "pimp my scooter"

Comment

He must have watched Quadrophenia.

Comment

Dude..its his "show bike" and its a hobby of his..damn!!!!!! Lmao.
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

This has already been posted; but:

Comment

1979 Suzuki GS 550 Hardtail Chopper - $500 (Glen Rock, NJ)

Not only does it look stupid and unridable, but without the title it's only good for parts. Maybe dude should have straightened out that little title problem before he invested so much effort into the bike.

Date: 2010-06-22, 12:15PM EDT
                      Reply to: sale-ufqyp-1804936930@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1979 Suzuki GS 550 Hardtail Chopper

8,300 Original Miles

Needs Battery, Tune-Up and Brake Light

Hard Work already done

Chain alone was $160

Need to do a title search for it (title was signed in wrong spot by previous owner which voided the title)

Built for someone over 6 foot tall (Sorry Short People!)

$500 Firm...No Solicitations please...Interested Buyers Call 201-670-8666 (leave message if no answer) or respond by email to this ad, thank you.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Last edited by Guest; 06-29-2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck c View Post
                        Not only does it look stupid and unridable, but without the title it's only good for parts. Maybe dude should have straightened out that little title problem before he invested so much effort into the bike.

Date: 2010-06-22, 12:15PM EDT
                        Reply to: sale-ufqyp-1804936930@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1979 Suzuki GS 550 Hardtail Chopper

8,300 Original Miles

Needs Battery, Tune-Up and Brake Light

Hard Work already done

Chain alone was $160

Need to do a title search for it (title was signed in wrong spot by previous owner which voided the title)

Built for someone over 6 foot tall (Sorry Short People!)

$500 Firm...No Solicitations please...Interested Buyers Call 201-670-8666 (leave message if no answer) or respond by email to this ad, thank you.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
                        Let's see...."...hard work already done..." so, hopefully the needed 'tune-up' won't include rebuilding the carbs, or the needed battery doesn't mean the dreaded stator or R/R malaise?

And $180 for a chain? Funny, doesn't look gold-plated.....

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
                          Let's see...."...hard work already done..." so, hopefully the needed 'tune-up' won't include rebuilding the carbs, or the needed battery doesn't mean the dreaded stator or R/R malaise?

And $180 for a chain? Funny, doesn't look gold-plated.....
                          Says $160. Maybe needed two for that.
                          I've got long arms, but I don't think I could reach the bars!

Comment

Not a bobber!!

Something you done see everyday. Take a look, love it or hate it, it's definably unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                              Something you done see everyday. Take a look, love it or hate it, it's definably unique.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/1819110981.html
                              That one brings back memories.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

No picture in the ad but there is a lot of text. As I understand it, this guy was going to make a bobber out of a GS450. Only he didn't know enough to figure out he was really buying a GS300. And just to add to his misery, the engine doesn't run right and he had to PAY A DEALER $100 to INSTALL a CDI. (I'd have done it for $75)

I have to wonder; which mechanical skills was he going to use to actually make his bobber?

Ok heres the deal. I have a 1982 suzuki gs300. I bought it from a guy in irving under the assumption that it was a gs450. After the mechanic worked on it he informed me that it was gs300. I had parts already purchased for this bike to make it a bobber but when i found out the news i immediately sold the parts. I am far too big for this bike. Here is the bad. There is no title to this bike. I purchased it this way and was told that a title for it wouldnt be that hard to obtain. The other catch is that I havent actually gotten it back out of the shop yet. I am selling it for what i have in it. The good is that it has a new wiring harness and all brakes work. clutch engages and it goes into the gears. the shop says it needs a new CDI because its only getting spark to one side of the motor. they said that would be about 60 bucks installed. I already paid for the part that has been installed it was 80 dollars(wiring harness) the labor for it was 100. I have since purchased another Bike and dont need to hang on to another bike. also be aware that the tank to this motorcycle was rusted out completely which is why i purchased the other tank. so there is no tank to this bike but i found another one for 40 dollars. I have the seat but it is well aged and needs recovering which is why i purchased the springewr solo seat for it. NO I DONT HAVE ANY OF THE BOBBER PARTS LEFT I SOLD THEM ALREADY. The motor is good on this bike and would make a great project bike for someone who likes smaller motorcycles. if your interested please text or call me at 972-xxx-xxxx
                                Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2010, 11:23 PM. Reason: out of respect, I deleted his phone number

Comment

Working...
                                X