Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winfield View Post
    Boys, take a look at this beauty. Just feast your eyes on it. I wonder how many marketing classes he went to? He's got ya wantin to see more, doesn't he?

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/4046930789.html
    KAWASAKI 400 - $800 (CLEV---EAST)

One running, Titled Kawasaki, street bike

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I believe that is the elusive Pancho Villa model. Only one was made I believe. LOL

Or, it could be just a standard Kawa with a Klingon cloaking device. heh
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I literally lol when I clicked on this ad. Makes ya wonder if the PO's mummified body is under that cover with his legs propped up over the handle bars and leaning back on a sissy bar. I heard Hoffa rode a Kawasaki...

Or maybe I'm the only one wondering that...

Comment

Yup, just like the seller says, the pic tells the story.

Reply Reply to: jcrx9-4074329069@sale.craigslist.org [?]

flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of
          Posted: 2013-09-17, 8:36PM EDT
          1978 gs550 streched - $700 (columbus)

Pic says all 6145563570
          • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Comment

the front fender is about the only thing that is not funny about this one
            82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
            80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
              the front fender is about the only thing that is not funny about this one
              I think I might go so far as to include the entire front wheel assembly.

sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

So many times I look at this thread and all I hear is Luke Skywalker saying to Han, about the Millenium Falcon, "What a piece of junk!"

Comment

I've always wondered what being a cult member felt like.

This bike has up and down for months, too bad I don't have more money and garage space.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Matt View Post
                    This bike has up and down for months, too bad I don't have more money and garage space.

http://bozeman.craigslist.org/mcy/4069425624.html
                    1979 Suzuki GS1000 - $2500 (Bozeman)

I have for sale or trade a 1979 Suzuki GS1000. In 79' is was the fastest production bike made. There have been a few modifications made to the bike, all being purely cosmetic. These include a Vetter fairing with paint matching the OEM Blue metallic gas tank, a luggage rack / Backrest combo, and highway pegs. I have the original headlight assembly and some other goodies that go with the bike.

The bike runs flawlessly with under 34,000 miles. Tires are still in great condition and overall the bike is amazing shape. I drive the bike on a regular basis back and forth to work roughly 20-25 miles a day. I enjoy the bike immensely and it is a great ride but I'm looking for some room in my garage and this sadly is toy that has been chosen to go.

There is a huge cult following behind these bikes and this one is one of the better ones. Keep it the way it is and ride for thousands of miles or transform this beast in to a bad ass cafe racer.

Open to trades or cash is always an option $3000 OBO

sigpic
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride

Comment

Wow, a really beautiful and carefully restored 78 GS750 done in a 77 GS750 B style:

Click and take a look at those pictures! I can't tell if I am dreaming, this thing is heavenly. I wonder what the reserve is?

Please note this motorcycle is being sold on a Bill of Sale Only.

This bike was used by us in a museum. Didn't come with a title but we had the police do a VIN check and it came out fine. Will include that paperwork with the bike along with Bill of Sale. Not running, not quite finished. Has many new old stock parts, looks like a brand new bike. No overseas sales on this one, sorry. Here is the description of the bike from the person who built it up. We can't vouch for everything, but it all looks true to us:

I have a 1978 Suzuki GS750 I was restoring to set out on display at shows, the bike is totally loaded with NOS parts. The motor had about 6,200 miles on it to start with. I do restorations as my hobby, this bike will be immaculate when complete. My original intention was to make it look like a 1977 GS750 B model, it's got so much new stuff I don't know where to even begin. Frame was glass-beaded and professionally painted, swing arm rebuilt, brand new gas tank, tail-section, gauges, fuel petcock, all new rubber components on the entire bike, all new wiring harness, brand new rear Showa factory shocks on new mounting bolts. Both front and rear brake calipers are brand new out of the boxes, never had fluid in them, all new brake lines, forks rebuilt, new seals, dust boots. Completely polished wheels, wheels were unlaced, hubs were glass-beaded, edges re-polished, brand new rims, spokes, nipples, wheels re-laced and trued, brand new tires with close to original tread pattern. Ignition coil: one is brand new..still need's a 1-4 coil. New swingarm pivot bolt, nut, washer, brand new lower triple tree with Timpken bearings installed. I don?t like factory ball bearings, I replace with timpken on every bike I restore. Motor mount bolts were re-plated, but I?dd re-plate them again. Brand new footrest, pins etc., not just the rubbers on them, complete new units with new bushings. All new brake anchor bolts and nuts. The motor was apart and inspected, has been cleaned, cases repainted, valve cover new, all new cylinder head nuts, bolts, washers, all new cam caps. new stator cover, clutch cover, points plate, shifter, kicker arm, all new carb manifolds and 0-rings, screws, new oil filter cover, screws, nuts, etc., all new exhaust bolts. Gauge top shell new, front cover new, speedo new, mounting bracket new, gauge rubbers new, mountingbolts and washers new, brand new fuel petcock, gas cap, Suzuki tank emblems and screws, new side covers with new gs emblems, clips, new decals, new chain guard and mounting hardware, NOS front fender, complete NOS rear fender, new taillight and mounting bracket, new liscense plate mount, new mounting screws and bolts, both left and right light switches and throttle brand new, new cables, original cables at that, brake rotors refurbished, new mirrors with new damper units, plastic still on mirrors from suzuki, new front and rear axles, new airbox rubbers, new air-box end caps ( 1977 ) black. I think you should get the picture here, I collected part for 4 -5 years to build this. I had parts shipped in from all over the world. There are items on this bike that you will probably never see listed for sale on the net ever again. Bolts were replaced with brand new originals if I could find them. The bike needs a new stator. If you plan on starting the motor, you will need to shim the valves. I used odd-sized shims during assembly because I didnt plan on starting the motor, period. will need oil, points and timing set. Carbs were cleaned but will need to be synched. carb brackets were even sent out and replated also..new allen head bolts in bowls and caps. new gaskets. like I said, I wanted this bike to look like it rolled off the dealer?s floor and if someone has just a little knowledge and patience, you can have one immaculate motorcycle. The whole bike basically was built with all NOS parts off dealers? shelves. it takes years to find all this stuff. this is not a ''joke'' fly by night restoration, I have been doing bikes for 40 + years, I take serious pride in my workmanship. Forgot, more new parts: headlight shell, headlight ears, trim rings. All new turn signal ground straps, new regulator, like new rectifier, new pads inside the battery box, new box bolts, new 77- turn signal relay (factory original round style unit ), new air filter, new oil pressure sending unit and housing, new cam chain tensioner, new neutral switch assembly, oil galley cap, new rear turn signals, brackets and bolts, new sprockets, tail-light assembly, new fork caps, all new brake rotor lock tabs, bolts nuts. Seat was dealer take-off, fantastic condition.

Comment

Originally posted by craftsman View Post
                        Wow, a really beautiful and carefully restored 78 GS750 done in a 77 GS750 B style:

Click and take a look at those pictures! I can't tell if I am dreaming, this thing is heavenly. I wonder what the reserve is?
                        Not so much a craigslist funny, but a super clean bike.. dunno, Id set a reserve of 3500.00 for it if it was mine, and think it could go as high as 5K.. sounds like its concourse quality.

Comment

Definitely not a craigslist funny but I remembered seeing a couple other nice listings posted here and was not sure where else it would be appropriate to post it.

No relation to the seller but I was just blown away at how nicely it was restored. Concourse indeed.

Comment

Definitely not a craigslist funny but I remembered seeing a couple other nice listings posted here and was not sure where else it would be appropriate to post it.

No relation to the seller but I was just blown away at how nicely it was restored. Concourse indeed.
                            Just post it in the bikes for sale section. Say "not mine"
                            No signature

Comment

supposed to look like a 77? why? complete FAIL

Comment

I hope that wizard does electrical work....

Comment

Working...
                                X