Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bobber chopper dr bike - $300 (amboy)

it is a fun protege its a amazing dill and a sweet looking ride and would love to finish it but need the $ willing to tack prate trade call moroni 360-718-8690
    it wont last long yes it is a custom 1 of a coined rat bike AK Frankenstein its mist with 1990 YZ 80 1963 totgot and Honda 200cc Honda motor Kikker it well runs good
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
      bobber chopper dr bike - $300 (amboy)

it is a fun protege its a amazing dill and a sweet looking ride and would love to finish it but need the $ willing to tack prate trade call moroni 360-718-8690
      it wont last long yes it is a custom 1 of a coined rat bike AK Frankenstein its mist with 1990 YZ 80 1963 totgot and Honda 200cc Honda motor Kikker it well runs good
      Another proud graduate of our public school system? Yikes

Comment

Typical cracklist spelling, but he does go the extra mile.
        Originally posted by gustovh View Post
        ... willing to tack prate trade call moroni 360-718-8690 ...
        He can't even spell his own name. He added an extra "I" at the end.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

'murica gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Typical cracklist spelling, but he does go the extra mile.

He can't even spell his own name. He added an extra "I" at the end.

What does that even mean???

" Tack prate"

Comment

Originally posted by RustyStuff View Post
              What does that even mean???

" Tack prate"
              Did you read the rest of it? Not much better.

it is a fun protege
              its a amazing dill ...
              willing to tack prate trade
              it is a custom 1 of a coined rat bike
              AK Frankenstein
              its mist with 1990 YZ 80 1963 totgot
              and Honda 200cc Honda motor Kikker
              it well runs good

sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

prate

intransitive verb \ˈprāt\ : to talk for a very long about something that is not very important or interesting

I suppose that one would talk for a long time on something very sharp. While eating a very unimportant, and uninteresting, dill pickle.

There.

Comment

Originally posted by wedoo2 View Post
                  prate

intransitive verb \ˈprāt\ : to talk for a very long about something that is not very important or interesting

I suppose that one would talk for a long time on something very sharp. While eating a very unimportant, and uninteresting, dill pickle.

There.
                  Well, I have to admit, he did say "its a amazing dill".

sigpic
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
                    http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/mcy/4266282690.html

1978 Suzuki GS 750 - $4000

Customized GS 750E. A ton of work has been done to this bike. About 9,500 miles clocked, 3k on the engine after mods. Have clean title, almost all receipts, original tools, manuals and brochures for mods, extra parts - including stock carbs, stock clutch basket/discs, center stand, etc. Starts and runs great. Always garaged. Has a sticky clutch in neutral (hence the basket, just need to pop it in). Stator cover has small but hardly noticeable crack (bike was backed into by a car while parked in the street).

It has:

850 piston kit
                    Yoshimura cams
                    Heavy duty valve springs
                    Smooth-bore carbs
                    Velocity filters
                    4 into 1
                    Racing clutch
                    Front and back disc brakes
                    Custom leather seat (also have extra material)
                    Custom brown paint job with nice patina
                    Tons of chroming, down to the nuts and bolts - literally
                    New fuel filter
                    Oil just changed

May be willing to trade for another ride from a similar era, possibly a GS or CB, maybe an R90. Also interested in KLR dual-sports, or maybe BMW. Nothing below 500cc. Call, text or email 3_4 _7 5_1_4 3_4 _0_ 2. Location: Brooklyn or Westchester (whichever is easiest).
                    Just wouldn't be right if a photo was taken without Armourall on the tires

Comment

"it is a fun protege
                      its a amazing dill ...
                      AK Frankenstein
                      it well runs good"

Ya know byes, if ye's reads it with an Irish or Cape Bretonner accent, it makes a lot of sense.

One of coined = One of a kind.. Take part trade...
                      yea byes, stand where ya to and I'll comes to where yours at..

Comment

Originally posted by Seaking View Post

Ya know byes, if ye's reads it with an Irish or Cape Bretonner accent, it makes a lot of sense.
                        My entire life will make more sense. I can read my dyslexic brothers writing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaking View Post
                          "it is a fun protege
                          its a amazing dill ...
                          AK Frankenstein
                          it well runs good"

One of coined = One of a kind.. Take part trade...
                          yea byes, stand where ya to and I'll comes to where yours at..
                          Yeah, I knew what some of them were meant to be, but let's get realistic, even the Irish or Cape Brettoners don't spell that way.

Here is what I interpret:

it is a fun protege it is a fun project
                          its a amazing dill ... it's an amazing deal
                          willing to tack prate trade (you said) willing to take part trade (I would have never guessed that)
                          it is a custom 1 of a coined rat bike it is a custom one of a kind rat bike (needs more Aussie accent than Irish)
                          AK Frankenstein AKA (also known as) Frankenstein
                          its mist with 1990 YZ 80 1963 totgot sorry, no clue on 'mist' or 'totgot'
                          and Honda 200cc Honda motor Kikker 200cc Honda motor kick-start
                          it well runs good it runs good

It is really too bad that so many of them are worded/spelled that way. In my opinion, if they don't care enough to make the ad look good, what care did they put into creating their monstrosity? It is true that not all geniuses are perfect spellers, nor are all perfect spellers geniuses, but first impressions ARE rather important.

sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride

Comment

I'm almost certain that the writer is dyslexic. My younger brother is dyslexic. (And very smart mechanically. He built a hydrogen converter and almost finished a hydrogen powered engine when he was only 15) but this is exactly how he writes emails and kijiji ads. It's gotten to the point that anything he writes on the internet I check beforehand and re-write before it's posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Clone View Post
                              Just wouldn't be right if a photo was taken without Armourall on the tires

4k for a 750 that needs work? What a joke
                              Originally posted by tkent02
                              That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
                              John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                                Yeah, I knew what some of them were meant to be, but let's get realistic, even the Irish or Cape Brettoners don't spell that way.
                                It is really too bad that so many of them are worded/spelled that way. In my opinion, if they don't care enough to make the ad look good, what care did they put into creating their monstrosity? It is true that not all geniuses are perfect spellers, nor are all perfect spellers geniuses, but first impressions ARE rather important
                                I should apologize to all Cappers out there lest they send General John Cabot Trail and his CBLA after me.. but it did kind of help with the translation..

Its one thing to make a typo (big fingers) or a couple of misspellings in a long text, but gees. this fella writes like he talks.. spells it like it sounds in his head. Its like the fella who wrote a gripe on an aircraft; "hair line crack on the hair line"..

I'm far from being perfect in my skills at the english language (secondary language) but c'mon.. really?!

Comment

Working...
                                X