No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit, I would likely clean that yard for $150... 3 sets of forks, swingarms, wheels, and random engine parts? Yeah, I'd be there...

Just a lot too far away for me...
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
      That's actually pretty neat, clean it up as is and it would make a cool art bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
        That's actually pretty neat, clean it up as is and it would make a cool art bike.
        Or, park it in a barn and let someone find it 75 years from now... Imagine that.
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

To be fair, he did point out a minor problem, getting the power to the back wheel, pffffft.
          oh, and the install of the 4" hydraulic rams to operate the side stand because this thing would in at the same as a small truck.

Comment

Wish I had these

Comment

WOW ! ! ! Not often those hit the market in even fair shape. Much less TWO of them in GREAT shape ! ! Good price too ! ! !
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Explain to me again why for $11k someone would want this? Cool factor worth that much?

Mini apes, no front brake, suicide shift, 2 foot levers for rear brake?, straight shorty pipes that stoke your right thigh with heat and fill your schnauze with fumes, saddle that looks tough on the nuts especially with the hardtail, open primary belt (maybe wears velcro type sneakers and no bell bottoms). I guess no front fender doesn't matter since the bike has never seen rainy days. Signals not needed when you have arms busy with the suicide shift and navigating the springer front end? Good taillight that can be seen one car length behind you. Headlight that should illuminate at least 13 feet in front of you....oh that's right...you leave it parked after dark. Oh yeah....I had something just like this when I was nineteen....never mind!!
                Note: I paid $600 for my old Triumph chopper many years ago. Must be inflation?
                Last edited by Guest; 10-24-2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Does that have a belt primary drive and a chain final drive? What would be the purpose of that?

Oh, that's right, more parts equals better.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Racin' parts r' 'spensive.... otherwise they wouldn't be "racing parts".

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                      Explain to me again why for $11k someone would want this? Cool factor worth that much?

Mini apes, no front brake, suicide shift, 2 foot levers for rear brake?, straight shorty pipes that stoke your right thigh with heat and fill your schnauze with fumes, saddle that looks tough on the nuts especially with the hardtail, open primary belt (maybe wears velcro type sneakers and no bell bottoms). I guess no front fender doesn't matter since the bike has never seen rainy days. Signals not needed when you have arms busy with the suicide shift and navigating the springer front end? Good taillight that can be seen one car length behind you. Headlight that should illuminate at least 13 feet in front of you....oh that's right...you leave it parked after dark. Oh yeah....I had something just like this when I was nineteen....never mind!!
                      Note: I paid $600 for my old Triumph chopper many years ago. Must be inflation?
                      The road crews employ him to melt the tarmac with those pipes.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Well, at least it's complete. http://utica.craigslist.org/mpo/4721931030.html
                        '80 GS1000ST
                        '92 ZX-11
                        Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post

At least it's finished. Not like so many others who get to work with the sawzall and then lose interest.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yeah. You and I are both ignorant.

Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                            1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

I'm trying to decide if this guy is serious or not.

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                              87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                              99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                              15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Working...
                              X