Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryA_Texas View Post

I have to wonder; which mechanical skills was he going to use to actually make his bobber?
    Mechanical skills required to use a sawzall and hammer?
    No way.

Did you see anywhere his asking price for this $50 parts bike?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Here's one in the Colorado Springs listing...

and someone's reply to it...funny...

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post

the reply has been flagged for removal seems like that happens a lot. what was the gist of the reply?

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
          the reply has been flagged for removal seems like that happens a lot. what was the gist of the reply?
          Just that they could get a 2 year old sportster for what that guy was selling that bike and that maybe it was only worth 800-900 dollars.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

1983 suzuki gs1100l runs excellent looks very good - $2500 (west phoenix)

Date: 2010-06-22, 5:23PM MST
            Reply to: sale-fnjhk-1805911117@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1983 suzuki gs1100l runs excellent looks very good surprisingly easy rider would even recommend for beginner no need to upgrade later because has all the power you will ever need extremely fast speedo goes to 140 and I'm sure would do it but never took to it myself 70 fast enough for me and that is at red line of second gear o to 70 in 2 seconds all gauges work including gear indicator which is nice to have gas gauge also works gets over 40mpg amazing gas milage for this size of bike rear tire like new front tire at least half tread life left no rotting going on great bike low price nothing wrong with it ready to ride purrs like a kitten roars like a lion 50000 actual miles but looks new excellent condition must have been garaged most of its life dual overhead cam 4 cylinder dual front dics brakes and disc rear brake email if interested

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

0-70 in 2 seconds? That should stomp just about anything out there.
            Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2010, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Not funny. Sad

1982 Suzuki GS450 Cafe Racer - $300 (Greenville,Tx)

Date: 2010-07-03, 5:13AM CDT
              Reply to: sale-mgnjf-1823684886@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Cafe Racer project bike. Runs and shifts very clean. It has a clear title,new clubman bars,new chrome pod filters,new headlight,kikker 2 into 1 exhuast(new would be what I askin for the bike by itself,if you could find one)
              It also comes with another tank(theyre well liked and hard to come by) Ive got to many projects,dont have the time and Im also moving soon so I cant take it all with me. It needs new tires,a new battery,brakes,petcock rebuild kit,and a little paint(about a weekends worth of work)and youd have a killer little bike. Ive got it price low to sell quick so Im firm on the price.Serious buyers only please.$300 cash (again this is a PROJECT)
              (903)413-8786

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                Mechanical skills required to use a sawzall and hammer?
                No way.

Did you see anywhere his asking price for this $50 parts bike?
                He had it posted for what he had in it...Let's see, Cost of the bike plus the CDI. That's $100 in labor plus the $80 part. So it was listed for, using his 6th grade mathematical skills.....$175

Comment

Those two GS 300 guys should get together and sell parts to each other or something.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

<sigh> Here's another all-encompassing example ... spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences...PLUS all the kids came and he "dont get out on them that much anymore"!

They live among us.....

trade a mortorcycle for ur boat

Date: 2010-07-05, 7:41PM CDT
                    Reply to: sale-pxh32-1827373847@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

hi im wanting to trade a 2000 yamaha v star classic thats a 650cc mortorcycle for a boat that is at lease 16 feet has good running motor and isnt like a john boat im looking for a fiberglass boat pretty much i want something for the family to be able to go out on thats why im am trying to trade my bike becouse my kids came and living with me so i dont get out on them that much anymore so i figure i can always get another bike when they older
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-05-2010, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Oh look big brother joined this forum also...

FYI big brother got his name from being well..

my big brother... haha

Comment

Originally posted by Im Faster View Post
                        Oh look big brother joined this forum also...

FYI big brother got his name from being well..

my big brother... haha
                        Uhhh... what?

Comment

big brother is my older brother.. i didnt know he was on this forum until i found this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Im Faster View Post
                            big brother is my older brother.. i didnt know he was on this forum until i found this thread
                            Oh. Cool.

Comment

I'd trade in a minute! Gotta be a GOOD one, though...

Here's a fine piece of welded scrap, freshly hauled from a shed that he will trade for a GOOD 4 wheeler!!
                              Nuthin' a few thousand hours of wrenchwork wouldn't transform into... well... a heap of dangerous scrap.

ozarkdrb

Comment

The seats arent bolted down but all it needs is a wheel cylinder to be driveable!!! I would think a seat thats bolted down so your azz doesnt get thrown out would be a very key essential as well...It just boggles the mind what some people try to sell once they realise they are way in over their heads and dont have the technical skills to have even started the damn thing in the beginning!!!
                                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X