No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anybody noticing the obvious, where are the rear shocks? Or has he welded the swing arm to the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
      Is anybody noticing the obvious, where are the rear shocks? Or has he welded the swing arm to the frame.
      It comes with two sets of handle bars, and you're worried about shocks? You got to look at the big picture.

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
      "Dent" in the right side of the tank huh?
      It's more of a "ding".
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by suzukigs1100ez View Post
        It's a Hogster (JG).
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          It comes with two sets of handle bars, and you're worried about shocks? You got to look at the big picture.

It's more of a "ding".
          Meh, that'll just buff out, after all it is only one dent.

Comment

Isn't the the Tempter is a Mono Shock setup?
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

So sad alot gs in my area turn into these.

Comment

Yeah, what the hell is going on there?

Edit: Apparently, it is a monoshock - still looks kinda funky.
                Last edited by allojohn; 07-29-2015, 09:57 PM.
                -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Yammy XS11

Don't the pipes look just a bit too blue?

< >

1980 Yamaha XS 11, in very good condition for a 35 year old motorcycle. This is a smooth, powerful highway cruiser that is capable of under 12 second quarter mile runs. It has a new battery with zero miles on new tires. With a little time, and a few hundred dollars, this could be a show bike. If you drive it, you will buy it. Google the specs and reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
                    Don't the pipes look just a bit too blue?

< >

1980 Yamaha XS 11, in very good condition for a 35 year old motorcycle. This is a smooth, powerful highway cruiser that is capable of under 12 second quarter mile runs. It has a new battery with zero miles on new tires. With a little time, and a few hundred dollars, this could be a show bike. If you drive it, you will buy it. Google the specs and reviews.

And isn't the front tire mounted backwards?

Comment

That should be right for the front, rear tires are generally mounted pushing content from the centre of the tread, the front normally looks opposite, pulling content. There must be some engineering rationale for this, because it seems that with a chevron tire design , that seems to be the way the rotation would move water/dirt etc.

Comment

"capable of under 12 second quarter mile runs"

Not with that sail on the front.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I have taken notice of front tires lately because of all the tires I have seen that "appear" to be on backwards. So I started to look closer and my finding are that depending on make and model of the tire, the tread pattern can be "backwards". I always thought the water needed to be PUSHED out of the tread. The other way seems that hydroplaning would/ could happen easier?
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Clone View Post
                            That should be right for the front, rear tires are generally mounted pushing content from the centre of the tread, the front normally looks opposite, pulling content. There must be some engineering rationale for this, because it seems that with a chevron tire design , that seems to be the way the rotation would move water/dirt etc.

Not my Bridgestone. It's mounted so that it pushes water from center outwards, and the arrow on the bead says that's the right way to mount it. And it's on the front.

Doesn't mean all tires are like that, but I'd sure take a look at the sidewall markings on that tire before I went anywhere on it.

Comment

I dunno....

Custom 2 seater buggy (Lucas/Mansfield)

PROFESSIONALLY BUILT, Custom fabricated side by side Dune Buggy
                              Extended swing arm, Dual shocks in rear, Quick change sprockets / 530 Chain
                              4 wheel disc brakes
                              Engine - Suzuki GS750 w/Andrews cams, smooth bore carbs, Vance & Hines header
                              New clutch.
                              Built less than a year ago, tested on and off road, no issues, lots of fun!
                              Ran 103mph in the quarter mile w/little tuning/adjustment
                              Can be made road worthy by installing lights, ALL WIRING IS ALREADY THERE !
                              Not yet painted...price will go up if I end up painting it before it sells.

Email me thru craigs and I will get back to you asap !!!!
                              $2400 or trades? If you are suggesting trades, email pics
                              ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
                              13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
                              PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

That rear suspension looks bizarre

Comment

Working...
                                X