Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
    what do these guys consider fast? i wouldn't dare ride that thing fast.
    Thats difficult to say. I can't remember how many ads I have seen for 49cc scooters that the seller has said, "it's FAST". LOL
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

definitely a head Turner !

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/mcy/5322470632.html
      Custom Suzuki bobber 750cc - $2500 (Keller)

Selling my custom bobber , 81 GL 750cc , clean blue title , only 26k , runs nice n strong no issues. All maintenance up to date, lots of new parts and mods practicality a new bike ! Sounds great definitely a head Turner ! New stage 3 jetting
      Fully rebuilt carburetors (all 4) new filters, New plugs, New coil packs, New wires, new brakes, New tires , new starter, New battery, chopped rear fender, front fender delete, tac and speedo delete , red LED lights , custom tail light & brake light, complete new wiring harness rebuild, rebuilt fuel petcock, upgraded charging system with newer model magneto stator set up, straight bars etc.
      $2500 cash , located in Keller , TEXT if interested show contact info
      • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
      80 gs1000s

Comment

It certainly turned my head... and stomach.
        1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Wasted so much paint on the engine, he had nothing left for the side covers.

And that chopper! Definitely one-of-a-kind! Never, ever saw anything remotely like that, anywhere! It's got flames on the tank! And lots of chrome! And a fat tire! How did he even conceive of something like that?
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Amazing.

All maintenance up to date, lots of new parts and mods practicality a new bike ! Sounds great definitely a head Turner ! New stage 3 jetting
            Fully rebuilt carburetors (all 4) new filters, New plugs, New coil packs, New wires, new brakes, New tires , new starter, New battery, chopped rear fender, front fender delete, tac and speedo delete , red LED lights , custom tail light & brake light, complete new wiring harness rebuild, rebuilt fuel petcock, upgraded charging system with newer model magneto stator set up, straight bars etc.
            All that work done and then to go absolutely crazy with a can of red in the end.... Motorcycle Maintenance Stress Disorder claims another....

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
              http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/5294917880.html

"Has 107ci S&S, Baker 6 speed trans, 250 rear tire, belt drive, custom intake filter, Martin Bros Daisy Cutter pipes, custom leather solo seat (pictured), plus 2 up seat for passengers. Custom one off silver/green flame on black paint job. Runs and rides great. Guaranteed not to get lost in the bagger crowd. This is a hard core, one of a kind, fat tire chopper. It's loud, fast, it's slow, and has lots of chrome. It turns heads wherever it goes. I will consider trades of all kinds of equal value or will sell for $11,000 cash. I will not add cash on my end to any trade. Not interested in junks, rot boxes or projects. Im not shipping the bike so do not ask. Text is preferred."

Maybe an even trade for my vStrom and be way cooler around town?....nnnaaahhh
              Not my bag at all, but I quite like it, and would like it even more if he built it himself and not a cheque-book chopper - which isn't clear.
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Yeah, its a 2004 Big Dog Ridgeback. Lots of them for sale on ebay. Definitely a check-book chopper. The ad claims that, "Guaranteed not to get lost in the bagger crowd." But my experience, anywhere there are a lot of baggers, there are a lot of bikes that look just like this. Show up to an event like that on your old GS and it definitely won't get lost in the crowd!
                Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                  there are a lot of bikes that look just like this.
                  But it's got flames! And lots of chrome!
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

LMAO this is too good. overpriced though.Untitled.jpg

Comment

I'm not sure if this will help their cause or hurt it......

1978 Yamaha XS-650 "Special"
                      - Fully Restored "as new"
                      - Stored in Climate controlled environment
                      - Show Bike
                      - Rear section of frame has been altered with a "Brat Kit"
                      - Custom made side panels
                      - Complete chassis has been powder coated and fitted with all new bushings, bearings and seals
                      Engine
                      - 650cc Twin Cylinder engine has been re-phased allowing for more torque and better responsiveness.
                      - 5 speed Transmission has been refurbished with all serviceable items replaced
                      - Electrical aspects have been replaced with higher grade components including a Boyer-Brandsen digital ignition with Dyna coils and a charging system conversion from Hugh's featuring a permanent magnet alternator

Appraisal valuation at $ 20,000 available upon request.

A Great deal asking $9500.
                      Motorcycle was graciously donated by a LAPS supporter to raise funds for much needed programs
                      35854 Miles

Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                        - 650cc Twin Cylinder engine has been re-phased allowing for more torque and better responsiveness.
                        What does anyone think that means...?
                        Cut up the crank and reweld so both pistons don't go up and down together anymore....?
                        have to do similar to cam shafts....?
                        and... what about ignition...?

THat really help? or just something to brag about...?

(most vertical twins have the pistons at 180 degress apart, right? one set of points an one coil that fire both at same time twice as often as needed. I am thinking of the kz400 I had.)

ponder.. ponder.
                        or
                        or
                        or not alter the crank, pistons still up and down together, but make so they are 0 degrees, both power stroke at same time . . .
                        esch...
                        seems like only purpose of that would be to make it more efficient.
                        More efficient at converting the energy in the fuel to noise energy.

Last edited by Redman; 12-05-2015, 11:58 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Afaik in the context of the XS it generally means what you said first. Changing the up down from what you got to the 'better' one.
                          97 R1100R
                          Previous
                          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

If I could sell those for $9500 dollars, I'd start a new business. Probably has a grand into it, maybe 1500. Not a bad profit margin. LOL!!!
                            Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                            87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                            99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                            15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                              If I could sell those for $9500 dollars...Probably has a grand into it, maybe 1500.
                              But it's worth $20,000:

"Appraisal valuation at $ 20,000 available upon request."

It's more than half off!

Comment

Here ya go Redman:

This subject keeps popping up in my reading about the venerable XS650. What is it? I know the crank rotates both pistons up and down together, and fire alternately. So is rephasing a change in the crankshaft and camshaft? If so, why? What is the advantage.

I've talked to a couple XS owners that had their motor rephased, and the only downside was the cost / work involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X