Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clone View Post
    Seriously, a storm cap on the exhaust?
    as i remember from back on the farm, those make a pretty annoying clanging noise. constantly.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

If you're dumb enough to have your tail pipe facing up, and park out in the rain...
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

How else to keep water out of the pipes when he washed it?

Oh wait, washing it...what was I thinking. Never mind.
        1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
        1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
        1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
        1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
          as i remember from back on the farm, those make a pretty annoying clanging noise. constantly.
          Was that bike on your farm back in the day? Maybe the guy should have pasted on some fake hay sticking out in places, chicken poop all over the top of it, give it more of the ole barn find kinda look?
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

The guy claims to have not built this and even admits to being scared yet he wants a pretty penny for it. Makes you wonder why he would have bought it himself the first time around.

100hp Golf Cart! Suzuki GSXR powered EZ-Go - $4500 (Sardinia, OH)

OK, what we have here is your standard 100 horsepower golf cart! This 1986 EZ-Go Marathon has a 2002 Suzuki GSXR600 engine and dash installed. The specifications on the bike says it makes 115hp... The install into the cart is actually pretty tidy - I bought it like this and don't know who did the actual work but they did a good job installing the motor, radiator and dash. It is liquid cooled and fuel injected. Runs great. See pictures for details of the install.

Here is a video of me driving the cart - the sound is what gets it: https://youtu.be/LBOLW5PtIGY

Now, the driving experience... this thing is loud, it sounds like an inline 4 cylinder sportbike without much of a muffler, because that's what it is. It really gets loud when you rev it up but if you just poke around, its not too offensive. It definitely turns heads because when people hear the noise they expect to see a motorcycle pull up, and then when they see its a golf cart, well let's just say its surprising. It is a 6 speed with a clutch (foot clutch like a normal manual car). There is a gearshift knob that you push to the right to downshift, and to the left to upshift. It does not have a reverse, so plan accordingly. The brakes aren't great - might need new pads, I haven't looked into it. I usually just downshift to slow down. This thing is not the most stable vehicle in the world and it will go a lot faster than you will have the nerve to drive it. On the street it gets pretty nervous above about 30mph. I'm pretty stupid and this thing scares the crap out of me. I'm selling it before I kill myself in it. I thought it would be fun for my kids but after driving it myself, no way am I letting them drive it.

I suggest this is only driven by very intoxicated people because in a crash, the drunk is always the one who lives through it... The stock gauge cluster from the Suzuki is mounted in the dash and the speedometer works though it reads high due to the gearing of the cart being different than what the bike originally had. The cluster also tells you the coolant temp and has a neutral indicator and the usual other info that is on the motorcycle gauge cluster.

The cart is lifted and has 16" wheels off a Honda car. The headlights and taillights work. I don't have a title for it but I will give you a bill of sale.

You do not want to put a kid behind the wheel unless you don't like the kid, because he WILL crash it.

I'd much prefer you come drive it before you buy it but I realize that only works for local buyers. It is fun to drive and like I said, gets a TON of attention (I mean how many 100hp golf carts do you see rolling around the campground?) but its pretty high strung and definitely not for the faint of heart. It does all work, but again, its not all that stable and I just tool around on it at fairly low speeds. New shocks may make it more stable, I just don't know.

Its not perfect cosmetically - has some dings and scratches and could use some detailing. The seat cushions are brand new. This thing is a novelty item and I wouldn't consider it practical transportation, not by a long shot. When I bought it the seller told me not to romp on it in 1st or 2nd or it will slip in the motor mounts, so I take it easy until its rolling along.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Bummer, golf is boring… Hey lets do wheelies and jumps over the sand pits and greens!
              Rip the fairway to shreds!
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Um, okay. I realize people get bored sometimes, and have tools and parts lying around, but for gods sake, why didn't somebody stop this before it grew? A GSXR powered golf cart than can only do 30 before becoming a death trap. Really? What a waste of a good motor.

Although, a bit of weight in the front end, steering stabilizer, wider tires...

At what speed would the canopy tear itself off, I wonder.

Maybe this is more what the builder had in mind...before the drugs kicked in.

Get this domain name before someone else does. Quick and painless shopping. Affordable payment options available.
                1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
                1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
                1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
                1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

That heap is junk, no front springs?
                  There's a lot of excellent bike engined kit cars, and race cars available.

Comment

Looks like it has air ride.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Does every bike have to look like it's from a Batman movie?

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                      Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                        Does every bike have to look like it's from a Batman movie?

Any kind of "Bobber" or "Cafe" made from any kind super sport bike = I'm too broke to buy new plastics but I want you to pay as much for a fully faired sport bike... Also good chance it has a rebuilt title.

I think it looks cool but I wouldn't consider more then $2800 for it...
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by oregonjake View Post
                          Um, okay. I realize people get bored sometimes, and have tools and parts lying around, but for gods sake, why didn't somebody stop this before it grew? A GSXR powered golf cart than can only do 30 before becoming a death trap. Really? What a waste of a good motor.

Although, a bit of weight in the front end, steering stabilizer, wider tires...

At what speed would the canopy tear itself off, I wonder.

Maybe this is more what the builder had in mind...before the drugs kicked in.

http://www.aggressivecars.com/insane...erbike-engine/
                          LMAO....that's the coolest bug I've ever seen...but at 6'3" I'd probably never fit in it......she sure boogies though!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            Any kind of "Bobber" or "Cafe" made from any kind super sport bike = I'm too broke to buy new plastics but I want you to pay as much for a fully faired sport bike... Also good chance it has a rebuilt title.

I think it looks cool but I wouldn't consider more then $2800 for it...
                            +2.....but hey, if it's red or chrome its faster....if it's black, it's cooler! {now someone just has to combine red/chrome with black!!!....lol}

Comment

Just barfed in my mouth.

Comment

How did that bike find it's way, way up in the hills?
                                “Well, throwing out feelers. Price is firm. I owned this bike for 3 years and have not seen another running gt750 listed, so with that said, it's rare. AND COLLECTABLE”
                                Ok, now I get it: “will trade for vtx 1300 or 1800, a running shovelhead or big twin project, or a really nice running cruzier.”

Comment

Working...
                                X