No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRACK IS A HELL OF A DRUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I'll never understand what's cool about the hard tail mod.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Not that it matters but i am surprised the dual "tanks" aren't held on with bungee cords. Yikes!
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          I'll never understand what's cool about the hard tail mod.
          ...what's cool is you get to bounce the spine on those bicycle seat springs! Bob-bob-bobbin' the brain !

Comment

Not sure about crack getting creative juices flowing. However, weed (from what I've heard, anyway, ahem) really gets you thinking. I am a firm believer that just because something CAN be done, doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be done.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
            Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
              Not sure about crack getting creative juices flowing. However, weed (from what I've heard, anyway, ahem) really gets you thinking. I am a firm believer that just because something CAN be done, doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be done.
              The trouble with weed is you can't remember later though....
              sigpic
              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260
              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

What??
                Huh?
                sigh…
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

"don't be stupid, I know it's worth good coin. "

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Is he offering to sell or pay to have removed ?
                    Old electrics messed with at a guess.
                    97 R1100R
                    Previous
                    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                      https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/a...686585696.html

"don't be stupid, I know it's worth good coin. "

I'm glad that was posted. I'm always looking for bikes with good tittles. LMAO Now if it just had good assels and wheels, we might have a deal.
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I really hope it finished decaying and no one bought it since the posting is gone already
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          I really hope it finished decaying and no one bought it since the posting is gone already

My guess would be that it has dissolved after a recent rain shower. Ashes to ashes....
                          The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

good thing you captured a picture here before it disappeared, bonanzadave!.. I was too late to get to read the text but surely it was a joke....?

Comment

Well as I now have a growing family the time has come to sell 'Betsy'.

This bike is completely one of a kind. It has been professionally customized from the ground up by myself and my mechanic this was no home handy man job. No detail was missed. The engine has been completely rebuilt (twice) in the last 3 years. This included new pistons and boring. The forks are from a Suzuki gs1000. The seat was custom made from real leather by a professional upholsterer. The tires alone were about $1200, shipped in from the states.
                              There was no expenses held back with the rebuilding of the bike. It took me to and from Las Vegas 3 years ago no problem. After the trip we rebuilt the engine yet again and tweaked what we could based on the experience. During this rebuild we switched out the headlight and swapped the stock battery with a new lithium ion battery. We had all of the aluminum custom crafted for the modifications.

Everything except for the engine, gas tank and frame is brand new. Including brakes, chain, spedo, clutch, exhaust... She growls.

Why am I selling her? If you have a new family you'd understand. But it's still hard to see her go.

It's impossible to put a price tag on this bike but I'm open to a conversation. I also hope that you would continue using the same mechanic as he has poured his heart into rebuilding this bike and knows each and every nut and bolt on her.

Would be interested in trading for an SUV or station wagon.
                              We live on Salt Spring Island
                              A tarded up POS is still POS

Comment

Rebuilt the engine twice? I wonder what GS 1000 he got the USD forks from.....
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X