No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy that. The Jet has been running a bit hot in this heat wave we've been having this week. This should take care of it...

Anybody got a good line on some coolant lines, and a radiator setup for me? And I'm running low on blinker fluid...
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I'm pretty sure the radiator and hoses from any '70s model Ford pickup should bolt right on

For blinker fluid, best source is probably Nickle Town Customs. I don't have the link to their website but Ichiban Moto (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC28...bK77M5Qyc3Dn7g) uses their stuff all the time. Seems high quality.
      Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
      Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

For all those hard to find customization & maintenance products, from blinker fluid to airplane conversion kits!

Maybe we can suggest they supply after-market cooling systems parts for the GS's as well...

Comment

Flux Capacitor

The famed and fabled Flux Capacitor! Many flux capacitor designs have come and gone in the marketplace. Most have only been compatible with certain...
          $15,849.95

Contact Us
          Only 16K for a Flux Capacitor?!?!?! I can make a time machine out of a Delorea.... I mean, a GS ! ? ! ?
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
            For all those hard to find customization & maintenance products, from blinker fluid to airplane conversion kits!

Maybe we can suggest they supply after-market cooling systems parts for the GS's as well...
            This place is the hidden gem I've been looking for. My shopping cart is full their stuff now. Everything from the Passenger Noise Reducer to the Pilot Wrench. Have to wait until my next paycheck to pull the trigger but can't wait to get a big performance boost from the Adjustable Power Band!!!
            Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
            Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Greg, they have muffler bearings, too.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Not to be a kiljoy, but I sent the ebayer of the "850G coolant tank" a message stating-
                "Hi, not to be a jerk but 1980 Suzuki GS850Gts were air cooled...I own one....perhaps that's from a Suzuki GT750 triple/two stroke water buffalo?"
                ...wonder what they'll list it as next time around...unless one of you guys snatch it up....I got spares!

Comment

Hmmm, the "get lowered T shirt" looks good...poke some fun around the lowered cruiser crowd around these parts....a fresh can of "elbow grease" can't hurt...I need a 710 cap - I could cap that pesky oil filler tube that I lost the cap too...and I'd really do the engine oil bypass kit, but my '40 block already has that {the spare '52 block is a full oiler though}
                  ...sure they have a car to airplane conversion...but of course there's no motorcycle to plane kit...sheesh...

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                    It will probably work on a 1100G just as well, right?
                    Don't get any ideas...I'm all OVER it!

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

More fine art...

Started out looking like this:
                      sigpic
                      1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                      1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                      1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                      On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                      All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
                        Not to be a kiljoy, but I sent the ebayer of the "850G coolant tank" a message stating-
                        "Hi, not to be a jerk but 1980 Suzuki GS850Gts were air cooled...I own one....perhaps that's from a Suzuki GT750 triple/two stroke water buffalo?"
                        ...wonder what they'll list it as next time around...unless one of you guys snatch it up....I got spares!
                        I wrote to him as well when I first saw it. He responded "Thanks for the info". But the auction remains unchanged.

Comment

I wrote to him as well when I first saw it. He responded "Thanks for the info". But the auction remains unchanged.
                          I've seen the same reaction from seller's with other listings. whatever
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Last year there was a clown in Indiana listing a 1982 GPZ750 on ebay, with a Buy It Now price of $2,200. He had a written description describing it as "mint", but the picture was one he had pulled off the internet of another bike. I contacted him and told him he was in violation of eBay's policies, he told me to mind my own business.

The bike was also listed on Craigslist with the same picture. With it being about an hour away, I contacted him through CL and said I wanted to look at the bike. The bike was far from "mint". Aftermarket exhaust, non oem seat cover, rusty shocks and bolts, etc.... Pretty good shape, but nowhere near mint. Hell, it couldn't be started, the carbs were gummed up. He said he knew nothing about motorcycles, that it was his uncle's bike, his uncle had died, and he was selling it for his aunt. I pointed out the discrepencies, told him he should post actual pics of the bike, and that I wasn't interested because he was asking too much for it and misled me on the condition. I did take a few pics of it before leaving.

I sent the pics to ebay notifying them of seller fraud. Two days later, the listing was "removed by seller due to discrepancy in description". He still left the original CL post up though.

It was up for a couple months or so, unchanged except for the price dropping once in a while, until it went away too.
                            sigpic

SUZUKI:
                            1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                            HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                            KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                            YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Clearly a CBR125R pretending to be 600cc. These bikes sell for $1200-1500 in my area with much lower kms.
                              1978 Suzuki GS1000C
                              1994 Honda XR650L

Comment

Only $5000 per motorcycle...what a bargain!

....and I recall that the Top Gun bike was actually complete and RUNNING?

Large collection of old KAWASAKI's - $25000 (southeast Wis.)

image 8 of 9

• 5 out of the Old Kawasaki collection are NOW available.

All in original condition (paint & Pipes)
                                1. 1981 KZ1000LTD (factory deep red) Kawasaki/Vetter full fairing with cycle sound & KG chrome luggage rack w/padded backrest
                                2. 1984 KZ1100 LTD {shaft, air forks & shocks}box stock
                                3.1984 6 cylinder, Fuel injected Voyager 1300 (loaded with factory OEM accessories) ran great 4 years ago.
                                4.1984 6 cylinder Fuel injected Voyager 1300 stock {yes it is another one} Ran great 2 years ago
                                5. 1985 900 NINJA (Black/Red) Yes the Top Gun Tom Cruise duplicate

Comment

Working...
                                X