No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can barely give a non-running Voyager 1300 away, only made a couple years in limited numbers, parts are tough to come by and they are difficult to work on.

That Ninja might be worth $1,600, if it runs fine. Judging by the pipe and the fairing, I imagine it looks way rougher in person than in the pics (which isn't too hot to begin with). The LTDs? $2000-$2500 each, if currently running and in extremely good shape.

He might have $8K-$9K worth of bikes there. Might.
    sigpic

SUZUKI:
    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

I like the friction-enhancing iron oxide coating adorning the brake rotors. That's some high tech stuff, right there. There's even a bunch of it on the exhaust systems.

Nice to see the Ninja is pre-crashed, and is wearing bald flat tires -- saves you the trouble of getting that first wreck out of the way, and you don't need to bother shaving tread before you head to the track.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

It could be ridden by the older, decrepit Top Gum.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
          You can barely give a non-running Voyager 1300 away, only made a couple years in limited numbers, parts are tough to come by and they are difficult to work on.
          I will testify to ALL those points. I had mine (same year as those offered here) for 5 years, ran it from 38,000 miles to about 93,000 miles. The Voyager 1300 was made for 6 years, best estimates were that there were a total of 4500 made. That is the total for all 6 years, not 4500 each year.

The drive to the water pump was rather convoluted, involving a pair of bevel gears in the process. One of the gears was made of nylon, to keep it quiet. However, nylon in a hot, oily environment turns brittle, and it lost a couple of teeth. After weeks of searching, a fellow member of the Voyager club sent me what was probably the last new gear in North America, but only because he had recently wrecked his Voyager.

Depending on just how deeply you wanted to get into the bike, the practical limit would be valve adjustment, stator replacement, oil and filter changes, spark plugs, tires and brakes. Beyond that, it's almost worth the extra money to have it done. The problem was finding a shop that could/would do it. I am fortunate enough that there is a shop about 50 miles from me that was happy to do them. The shop owner has a Voyager and there were at least 3 other customers with one.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Might Take A While To Sort Thru This?

Used 60's - 90's cycle parts (LACROSSE WI Craigslist)

FOR SALE... I need to sell some stuff!!....Used 60's - 90's japanese motorcycle parts collected over the last 31 years of business.... engines, gas tanks, electrical components, carbs, rims, seats, mufflers, plastic, lighting, accessories, and lots more.... let me know what you need
            CALL or stop at JOHNSONS CYCLE SHOP 1922 WEST AVE, SO, LACROSSE

Full listing here: https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mpo/5700979576.html
            Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Looks like he never liked the internet, should have started listing that stuff back in the 90s.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                Looks like he never liked the internet, should have started listing that stuff back in the 90s.
                Unless every piece is tagged with the pertinent info, it's an almost impossible task now. Look at those piles of VM and CV carb sets....how would you ever tell the Suzukis from the Hondas from the Yamahas from the... ??

Comment

A 2000 Honda CBR 929 only 14,000 miles never been beat or dropped it's been sitting in my garage since 2005 Bell seals need to be replaced The runs good but it's mom's body is in excellent condition looking to get 1500 or best offer

Bell Seals????? mom's body is in excellent condition........... Good to know. She should have spent more on his education.

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
                    Used 60's - 90's cycle parts (LACROSSE WI Craigslist)

FOR SALE... I need to sell some stuff!!....Used 60's - 90's japanese motorcycle parts collected over the last 31 years of business.... engines, gas tanks, electrical components, carbs, rims, seats, mufflers, plastic, lighting, accessories, and lots more.... let me know what you need
                    CALL or stop at JOHNSONS CYCLE SHOP 1922 WEST AVE, SO, LACROSSE

Full listing here: https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mpo/5700979576.html
                    Come on, we all KNOW we want to go shopping in that mess...
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
                      https://capecod.craigslist.org/mcy/5699830352.html

A 2000 Honda CBR 929 only 14,000 miles never been beat or dropped it's been sitting in my garage since 2005 Bell seals need to be replaced The runs good but it's mom's body is in excellent condition looking to get 1500 or best offer

Bell Seals????? mom's body is in excellent condition........... Good to know. She should have spent more on his education.
                      What, no picture of Mom ? ! ?
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                        Come on, we all KNOW we want to go shopping in that mess...
                        And yes I would, just to see how many GS parts I could save from becoming more scrap metal - but it's 4 hours away and my dance card is full for several weekends to come....

Comment

In New Hampshire we have a similar place Coopers MC salvage. No set hours, says open by appointment only but he is usually around on Saturday. Sells on Ebay. All Japanese parts. Every time I have needed something he knows right where it is. I needed a chain guard for my 650E and he says yep I have two. We go out back to an old truck body open the door and the second one he picks up he says right here but then says I think the other one is nicer. Picks up a few more and says here is the nice one!

Comment

Posted a day ago

buel custom bike (front royal)

image 1 of 3

2002 buel
                            condition: new
                            fuel: gas
                            paint color: custom
                            title status: clean
                            transmission: manual

2002 buel custom. It was originally a crotch rocket bike still needs finished putting together. Too much stuff to list if interested call me or text me

.ten thousand. Or best offer.it also has edelbrock nitous kit with a polished bottle.bike is painted candy apple red with skulls and other designs airbrushed under the candy paint
                            • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 5700610399
                            posted: a day ago
                            updated: about 22 hours ago
                            2010 Honda VFR1200F
                            1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
                            Being Revisited
                            1981 Honda CM400T
                            http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Originally posted by cloudbreakmd View Post
                              Posted a day ago

buel custom bike (front royal)

image 1 of 3

2002 buel
                              condition: new
                              fuel: gas
                              paint color: custom
                              title status: clean
                              transmission: manual

2002 buel custom. It was originally a crotch rocket bike still needs finished putting together. Too much stuff to list if interested call me or text me

.ten thousand. Or best offer.it also has edelbrock nitous kit with a polished bottle.bike is painted candy apple red with skulls and other designs airbrushed under the candy paint
                              • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 5700610399
                              posted: a day ago
                              updated: about 22 hours ago

"I threw away everything that made it a Buell...." Now it's just another V-twin chopper.

Comment

Originally posted by shakeybone View Post
                                In New Hampshire we have a similar place Coopers MC salvage. No set hours, says open by appointment only but he is usually around on Saturday. Sells on Ebay. All Japanese parts. Every time I have needed something he knows right where it is. I needed a chain guard for my 650E and he says yep I have two. We go out back to an old truck body open the door and the second one he picks up he says right here but then says I think the other one is nicer. Picks up a few more and says here is the nice one!
                                That's where I want to go.
                                Current Bikes:
                                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                                X