No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA!!! Hilarious marketing tactic, making us all LOAO-L!
    Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 05-04-2017, 08:04 AM.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Look at this joker

Comment

I'd be more intrerested in the 83 1100es that donated its tank......
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          May be a fun bike but "funny" in that the seller keeps mentioning how you have to man up to ride it.

1974 Kawasaki Kz400D Café/Brat style bike.

This is the first year of the Kz400D. Too much work to list. Starts and runs strong but needs a battery.

Leaks a bit at the head gasket but if you are familiar with the 'clown face' gasket from Kawi then you know it's not because the bike is trash. It's leaked less than 2 quarts in two years, this isn't some fountain of oil.

This bike is stripped down as a café racer/brat should be. If you don't want to kick start, adjust your idling, manage dual carbs, and basically have to man up to ride your bike this aint your bike. If you want to put on leather and ride a lazy boy recliner around town this aint your bike. If you want to ride a bike that you have to feel and ride and man up for, this may be your bike.

I have title.

Price is negotiable, no low ballers.
          i guess I'm not dumb man enough. LMAO
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            I'd be more intrerested in the 83 1100es that donated its tank......
            Me too. Or low ball the hell out of him after teilling him everything that is just plain sinful on that bike then source a proper skunk tank

Comment

1974 Kawasaki Kz400D Café/Brat style bike.

This bike is stripped down as a café racer/brat should be. If you don't want to kick start, adjust your idling, manage dual carbs, and basically have to man up to ride your bike this aint your bike. If you want to put on leather and ride a lazy boy recliner around town this aint your bike. If you want to ride a bike that you have to feel and ride and man up for, this may be your bike.
              maybe he means "adjusting your idling". REAL MEN bend over the engine and tweak the screws at every stop light..

Comment

"New Build last year. Driven all last season with no problems. New Tires ,battery , chain plus more at build. Black with Gold Metal flake paint with many extra add ons make this one kool urban ride. Built from a nice stock great running bike .Not built for highway cruising as it is a 425 cc machine. Might be great for someone with balance issue or some other reason for not ridding a regular bike. Really nice to stop at a traffic light or mounting off and on to start with not tipping over. Electric and kick start.- - - - Thanks for looking"

Attached Files

Comment

I've seen those front trike kits in person at the oyster run in Anacortes last year. that system is actually pretty cool, but pricey as hell!

Comment

Neat engineering and useful, but needs some visual design help…
                    Kinda Cycloptic with just the one round headlight.
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Gotta admit I kinda like it... I don't understand "why" it was built... but I still kinda like it.
                      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

I like it too. But I do agree, it needs some visual help up front... 2 headlights, fenders? Something...
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

now that I look at it again, I don't think that's the same kits I saw on demo at the Oyster Run. the kits I saw had narrower tires and still allowed the bike to lean like it had 2 wheels. these are the kits I was thinking of:

like I said, PRICEY! you could buy 3-4 gs bikes for the price of one of the kits

Comment

I sold this bike for 800 2 days ago. The guy has changed the bars and that it from what i can see and he thinks it worth 2900.00 !!! I think hes dreaming.

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Thats a ballsy move. Did he even change them or just flip them?

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                              I sold this bike for 800 2 days ago. The guy has changed the bars and that it from what i can see and he thinks it worth 2900.00 !!! I think hes dreaming.

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/6135968004.html
                              1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                              1977 GS550
                              1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/6135968004.html
                                The least he could do for that price is find the side covers for it.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                                Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Working...
                                X