No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is the perfect example of a fried brain. I mean seriously, does this person have even 1 brain cell left?
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I can't think of an adequate comment…
      'Cept I do see trailer homes back there up the ravine.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
        I think this is an ad for Outcall service since Craigslist shut down the Personals area.
        hah! good catch quite possible !

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          I can't think of an adequate comment…
          'Cept I do see trailer homes back there up the ravine.
          "Ravine"???

That would be "back there up in the holler".
          sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            "Ravine"???

That would be "back there up in the holler".
            very good Steve.
            This forum really needs updated functions. So people could "Like" comments and posts without posting answers.
            Seen and enjoyed over on TalkBass.com
            PS: Basscliff is really popular over thar too.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Worst job of Photoshopping I've ever seen.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
              Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Well Meth and Crack prices sure must be "HIGH"...pun intended. This guy doesnt have one usable part worth 800 bucks on this wreck in my opinion. Am I missing something????

Last edited by chuck hahn; 04-24-2018, 09:27 PM.
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

If there's low ballers on CL, there's just as many HIGH BALLERS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                    Well Meth and Crack prices sure must be "HIGH"...pun intended. This guy doesnt have one usable part worth 800 bucks on this wreck in my opinion. Am I missing something????

If it was free, it still wouldn't be a good deal. Parts are unobtainable and you will find no one that knows anything about working on one or setting it up. Also the rotor seals were notoriously short lived and they are no longer made or available. Performance was poor and gas mileage was dismal.
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                      If it was free, it still wouldn't be a good deal. Parts are unobtainable and you will find no one that knows anything about working on one or setting it up. Also the rotor seals were notoriously short lived and they are no longer made or available. Performance was poor and gas mileage was dismal.
                      +1 on that. Even the spark plugs are unique.

I passed on a sweet RE5 because it was a safe bet that I couldn’t keep it on the road.
                      A GT750 is a good pick if you are feeling adventurous and want something different.

Comment

If you can't kick that thing over, you can BET that everything internal is rusted tight... Only thing that is good for is extra weight on your next trip to the scrap center...

The Motorcycle museum out by me (Kerstings) has one in perfect condition. Cool bike, but just a failed concept. The rotary engine was never very efficient. Even the newer injected ones...
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

And Rotary Recycle has closed its doors so I am told.
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Other than the price which is a pipe dream. It looks like a nice bike. As for the $4500 rebuilt engine by " professionals ". Modern is a well known shop in Vancouver that has a terrible rating by the BBB as well as numerous terrible online reviews. If you live here and ride a Suzuki, you know " Murray ". I like Murray and get along well with him, but he is a bit of a rounder and he definitely saw this guy coming from a mile away........
                            https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/mcy/d/1981-suzuki-gs1100e/6561099371.html

1981 Suzuki GS1100e - $12000 (North Vancouver)

image 1 of 6

Suzuki gs1100e

fuel: gas
                            transmission: manual

The GS1100E can truly be called the first "modern superbike" because of its use of a four-valve cylinder head with a narrow included valve angle and wedge-shaped squish band combustion chambers -- technology first used by Cosworth in its race car engines. Suzuki called its version TSCC, or "Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber." It made the GS1100E the fastest bike on the strip when introduced in 1980, and good enough to be named Cycle World's Superbike of the Year for three consecutive years from 1981-1983.
                            The GS1100ES' combination of consistent sub-11-second quarters, nimble yet stable handling, long-distance touring comfort, simple maintenance and bulletproof reliability contributed to the GS1100E's position as fifth "most significant motorcycle" from the previous 35 years by Rider magazine in 1999.

The conclusion reached by motorcycle journalists in 1983 was that the GS1100ES was simply the best all-round big bike on the market. Perhaps Cycle World said it best: "The engine and frame and suspension are right. The motor is brilliant, making tons of power at every engine speed without ever seeming to work at it. The GS ... doesn't overpower its chassis ... the suspension is excellent under most conditions. Taken as a whole, as a complete motorcycle, the GS works, and works well."

65,000 km. At 57,000 km engine rebuilt properly and professionally at Modern motorcycles at a cost of $4500.
                            Tires are new, brakes are new, very well maintained, looks beautiful, runs beautiful! On collector plates.
                            $12,000 firm.
                            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Free Gas

Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Too late; already deleted
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X