No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Year two or three for this ad without a price break. Is it perseverance or ignorance?

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/mcy/d/suzuki/6596679416.html

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
      Year two or three for this ad without a price break. Is it perseverance or ignorance?

That's a very familiar combination of bikes in the pic here. Back in 1991 I had an 850 that same color and a friend had a Honda CX like the one here. Neither were worth a whole lot but we loved our bikes.

Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Really sad destruction of rare classic GPz

So this guy made a "Cafe Bike" out of a GPz 550?
        This thing might be good for a parts bike.
        1984 Kawasaki GPZ550 Cafe Racer

Kawasaki 1984 PGZ550 that I converted into a cafe racer. Carbon fiber front and rear fenders, side panels, and carbon fiber layer over stock gas tank. Everything works as it should. Every now and then a float gets sticky but once it warmed up it's good to go. I have included a complete kit to replace 4 fuel valve and seats that will be included with bike. Extremely strong running bike once warmed up. Front tire is still usable but is showing slight signs of dry wall cracking, rear tire is in good shape. Has Kerker 4-1 with pod filters which have carbs rejetted for this. New battery, new drive chain and front and rear sprockets, new bar end blinkers ( Oberon). Local pick up only. Selling several cafe racers and thinning out my collection of bikes. Shipping is to be arranged by buyer and transporter to pick up at my address . Bike to be paid in full before bike leaves my ownership. Clear title in my name. Ask questions before bidding if you have any. Bike can be viewed before placing people for local bidders.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I was expecting to see the pink Tracy-bodied GS1000 that was for sale in the Northeast for the last couple years.
          Lets go with ignorance.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

How Fugly can they go?

1981 Kawasaki KZ 550, $7995

1981 Kawasaki KZ550 custom cafe racer in mint condition. This KZ550 is not all original, the front end and rear wheel assembly came from a 2005 Suzuki SV650. Extensive modification has been done to the swingarm to accept the wider rear wheel and disc brake assembly. The front triple tree required significant alteration to fit but the original Kawasaki ignition was fitted to allow one key to fit all locking components. Once the rolling chassis was completed, everything was sent off for powder coating including the Suzuki 17" wheels. The headlight and taillight have integrated turn signals. The seat was custom-manufactured using a highly-modified seat pan from a KZ1000.The engine was completely overhauled, cleaned and then painted black. All aluminum side covers were highly polished to a chrome-like finish. The 2 into 1 exhausts were replaced with a new 4 into 1 exhaust system by Mac. The standard air-box was replaced with pod filters and with some minor tuning, the engine fires right up. The fuel tank and headlight bucket are the only body parts used in the restoration. The front fender came from the donor Suzuki and the rear fender was made in the shop. The owner's design for paint was brilliantly executed by Ricky's Custom Paint of Sarasota, FL. The white pearl finish was layered on in three separate coats and then the red striping was carefully applied before several layers of clear coat. The finished project is a one-of-a-kind custom motorcycle that really stands out in any crowd. Rides perfectly and everything works as it should.

You can view this bike and the rest of our motorcycle inventory at www.WhalenPowerSports.com
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

custom cafe racer in mint condition.
              END QUOTE

?? ?? ??

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Or....wife wants him to sell it, but he doesn't.
                Current Bikes:
                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                  So this guy made a "Cafe Bike" out of a GPz 550?
                  This thing might be good for a parts bike.
                  1984 Kawasaki GPZ550 Cafe Racer

Kawasaki 1984 PGZ550 that I converted into a cafe racer. Carbon fiber front and rear fenders, side panels, and carbon fiber layer over stock gas tank. Everything works as it should. Every now and then a float gets sticky but once it warmed up it's good to go. I have included a complete kit to replace 4 fuel valve and seats that will be included with bike. Extremely strong running bike once warmed up. Front tire is still usable but is showing slight signs of dry wall cracking, rear tire is in good shape. Has Kerker 4-1 with pod filters which have carbs rejetted for this. New battery, new drive chain and front and rear sprockets, new bar end blinkers ( Oberon). Local pick up only. Selling several cafe racers and thinning out my collection of bikes. Shipping is to be arranged by buyer and transporter to pick up at my address . Bike to be paid in full before bike leaves my ownership. Clear title in my name. Ask questions before bidding if you have any. Bike can be viewed before placing people for local bidders.
                  An experiment gone bad.
                  Current Bikes:
                  2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Yes. That is truly awful.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I mean, c'mon...who wouldn't want this, right?

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                      Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

pricing seems pretty spot on.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Its a...... motorcycle.

With the near unobtainum factory case guards.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Its a...... motorcycle.

With the near unobtainum factory case guards.
                            https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/m...596808533.html
                            Nice bike for restoration project, nothing funny about it Glenn.
                            1983 GXS550E

Comment

I’d agree that there’s definitely potential there for a cool bike, and it does look mostly complete, but man that spray bomb job is horrific. The complete lack of bike identification in the ad ,save for a pic of the title, is what made me laugh.
                              sigpic

Glen
                              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                I’d agree that there’s definitely potential there for a cool bike, and it does look mostly complete, but man that spray bomb job is horrific. The complete lack of bike identification in the ad ,save for a pic of the title, is what made me laugh.
                                Definitely made a grade A mess of it though.
                                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X