Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
    Okay, I'll be the first to say it. It does have potential. Tank is pretty clean inside. Hopefully it's not rusted through from the outside. A few months from now, I might be interested in it.
    I'm tempted too, but for me it would mean having to drive all the way through Chicago and Milwaukee, then turn around and do it again…
    Plus I'd rather have the same year GPz1100.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

No front brake.
      I wonder at the stupidity of some.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Hacksaw Ridge.

YES! GPz1100! The Holy Grail!
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          I'm tempted too, but for me it would mean having to drive all the way through Chicago and Milwaukee, then turn around and do it again…
          I agree, but I don't think I'd find an 1100 and the 750 is as small as I'd go on any bike.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
          Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
            No front brake.
            I wonder at the stupidity of some.
            No front brake means it is easier to "lay it down" to keep from hitting a car.
            And also,the front brake would throw you clean over the handlebars.

Comment

Originally posted by megatwin View Post
              No front brake means it is easier to "lay it down" to keep from hitting a car.
              And also,the front brake would throw you clean over the handlebars.
              If yur afraid da front brake gonna trow you ober da handlebars, jus tell yur bitch to hold yur sholders down, right?
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Not Craigslist, but an odd "Old Harley" on letgo

Screenshot_20190518-061105.jpg
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Not sure this is a funny. Sweet looking local bike but seems a little steep or is that a fair price?

Comment

That's pretty steep in my opinion
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                      80 gs1000s

Comment

Thats literally more than I paid for my 06 Tunda, 03 FZ1, and 79 GS550....together. I'd say it's higher than giraffe balls.

Comment

There might be somebody who'll pay something approaching that for an original bike
                          It's only original once, as they say.
                          Against it, is the mileage. If it only had 2 or 3K on it, he'd be laughing, but he went and used it. That was silly.
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Not quite "funny", but not quite accurate, either.

That is what we know as a "Skunk", but it's a '78, not a '79. Still a one-year-only bike, just advertised as the wrong year.

There are a few details wrong for the ultimate purists here, but it is a very nice example of the bike.

Valid price? Probably to someone who just HAS to have one, but I'd guess that it's probably about double actual value.

Personally, for ME, the price is about 4 or 5 times higher than it should be, but that is a personal preference, not an honest appraisal of actual value.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I remember one time waster asking me about a bike I had listed. He asked is that original miles? (WTF???) So I said: Originally it had 0 miles, now it has 15,000. I dunno, talking in code is not my forte.

Comment

It does look to be in terrific shape, but WAY too expensive...
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X