No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, I've got a gremlin bell on my bike. It's hanging under the fairing. My aunt is a biker's wife and she gave it to me. I like to think of it how it's described in BikeBandit's article "it’s simply a tradition of kindness between riders and friends"

Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      There's nothing wrong with a kick starter - as long as it's gaudy as possible.

Same goes for the exhaust. And is that a suicide shifter on the other side? I guess the wheel has been reinvented. And a grab rail on the gas tank? The more weight the better...

I'm going back to the photo now to search for the clutch.
      Fuel level gauge me thinks? So many ways to injure the rider on a get off. He/she thought of everything. This abomination needs to be put out of its misery. Someone gave it a pity bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        Ha, I've got a gremlin bell on my bike. It's hanging under the fairing. My aunt is a biker's wife and she gave it to me. I like to think of it how it's described in BikeBandit's article "it’s simply a tradition of kindness between riders and friends"

A lot of bikes in my area have a dollar bill tied to the handlebars or frame. It's the same type of superstition, and I've never believed in them.

I have the scars to prove it!
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by simmoto View Post
          Fuel level gauge me thinks? So many ways to injure the rider on a get off. He/she thought of everything.
          I'm guessing that the seller has next to no net worth, but can't help but wonder if someone could sue a modder like him if the next owner crashes & burns (literally) because of the shoddy mods?
          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

The bell scares the RoadRash Demons away... In order for them to work, they have to be given to you as a gift. I'm a believer...
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
              The bell scares the RoadRash Demons away... In order for them to work, they have to be given to you as a gift. I'm a believer...
              As a nonbeliever, I put my trust in the best protective gear I can afford, ATGAT. Oh dear!!! The "RoadRash Demons" can just F_OFF!!
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

2001 Suzuki SV650 custom offroad dualsport - $1900

2001 Suzuki Sv650 converted to dualsport, runs great! new battery, fun bike to ride...$1900 obo trades considered, thanks call or text for more info

An online image for comparison.

Now the one in the ad.

Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Never been a fan of exhaust tape. I prefer the one on top.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I don't see what's wrong with that result, looks like a well engineered project to me.
                    Somebody would have to test ride it to give a fair opinion.
                    Myself I have no off road riding experience, except on difficult race track corners.
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

I have to say I'm confused why... BUT... It would appear they did a nice job of it. My guess is that they wrecked it pretty bad, and only had dirtbike parts around to fix it? All in all, it looks like a fun ride. Price really doesn't seem all that high. Gotta agree with Bill, only a hard test ride would tell for sure...
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Eh, not digging the tank/bodywork. Doesn't flow, looks homemade/cheap. But it has potential if someone knew what they were doing.

Comment

Poor mans adventure bike. I kinda dig it. I would be concerned about braking, particularly at street speeds.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I actually like that - makes a change from all the hack sawzall jobs.
                            A sensible engine choice, too. Narrow and probably not too heavy and it would be interesting to see how well it actually does on the rough stuff. Looks like it's been put together by somebody with a clue; sure, it has its rough edges but if I had an old SV650 and a hankering for a quasi-adventure bike, I'd not be too unhappy at having built that.
                            ---- Dave
                            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I'm pretty sure the SV uses the same engine as the 650 Wee-Strom, so it's no stranger to rough stuff.

Definitely an interesting creation for sure. I like the theory that it was wrecked and pieced back together with the dirt bike parts on hand.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I keep thinking about the low rpm torque of the SV650 engine. I can it imagine it's very good at slowly climbing up steep grades with no sweat. That's why the dude put his time into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X