No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those fake air inlets on the original V-Max are no longer cheesy. Now they're historical.

When I bought my new Z28 in 1982

image.jpg

it it had the same HP rating (claim) as the V-Max: 145.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

KZ550 Like You've Never Seen Before

The amazing world famous Mowercycle - $1000 (inver grove heights)

I purchased this icon 3 years ago and never rode it.
      I have given up on riding bikes so she needs to go.
      The person I bought it from drove it here.
      This machine is cool as hell and known around the world.
      If you YouTube mowercycle Sturgis burnout you will see it in action.
      It will need a new battery most likely and a little work to get her back in action.
      only selling as I need the space.
      I have about $1400 into it so losing money on the deal.
      The original bike is a Kawasaki kz 550 4 cyl.
      I don't know a lot more about it except that when anyone sees it they think it is super cool.

I bet the exhaust blasting in your face makes it a real joy to ride.

sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Agricultural humor…
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Its funny enough that I don't hate it. I would imagine its not a bike, errrr mower, for those with short legs.

And to think I gave my LTD 550 away when i could have done this...
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

The hood ornament just really tops it off perfectly.
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

At Least it Has Fenders (GS1100G)

Usually these unrideable chopped up parts bin P.O.S.s don't have any fenders, so the rider has a tire throwing road debris up on him 6" from his back.

sigpic

SUZUKI:
              1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
              HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
              KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
              YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Well, the seat, and...all the other parts, actually are not to my liking. I bet his neighbors love those pipes!

At least he's got the correct license plate!
                Last edited by Rob S.; 10-17-2019, 10:17 AM.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Fairly large amount of unusable fuel?
                  97 R1100R
                  Previous
                  80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

But it's got
                    -Custom pod filters
                    and
                    -Valves all adjusted using shims (as opposed to?????) less than 500 miles ago

[emphasis and ( ) mine]

Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post

-Valves all adjusted using shims

A master mechanic. Not many would attempt to use shims on their 2-valve 1100's.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                        A master mechanic. Not many would attempt to use shims on their 2-valve 1100's.
                        Um... Why not?
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Spyder, Rob was just correctly, sarcastically pointing out the absurdity of the statement from the CL listing "Valves all adjusted using shims." Of course,they were. What else would he have used, quarters?
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                            What else would he have used, quarters?
                            Well... We have seen some pretty crazy "engineering" on these bikes over the years. And I too, was being facetious...
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Now, if he had used shims on a four-valve 1100, that would have been newsworthy.

And the tape - let's not forget the exhaust tape. It ages so well. Four years later, it looks almost as bad as it did brand new.

Comment

What about the fact that the engine missing a bolt to hold the engine in the bike, Or the fact that he cut alot the frame bracing out for single pipe for upper frame. He also has has pins just pushed into connectors.

One more thing I remember that carb boots have orange rtv on them so I'm guessing there torn and need of proper replacement

Comment

Working...
                                X