Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    Whoever winds up with the piece of shyte pictured farther down can brag he's riding a 250.
    "Farther down"??? The last picture was 10 posts ABOVE yours.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      "Farther down"??? The last picture was 10 posts ABOVE yours.

I was thinking the same, then remembered that it is possible to view the forum with most recent post on top. Some prefer to read a forum that way. I suppose Rob does. I’ve tried it. Don’t like it.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Unfortunately, I think that is the default setup, along with 10 posts per page.

I changed both of those as soon as I was aware there were options.

Changed reading order to Linear, oldest first and change posts per page to 40, which is the maximum.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Unfortunately, I think that is the default setup, along with 10 posts per page.

I changed both of those as soon as I was aware there were options.

Changed reading order to Linear, oldest first and change posts per page to 40, which is the maximum.

same. I find that’s the best way, for me. If you want a real trip, try Threaded or Hybrid. Tried both, liked them even less than newest first.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Unfortunately, I think that is the default setup...
            The default is always the best. "Individuality is fine, so long as we all do it together." Name the sitcom character who said that and win the prize.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Honestly I was pretty sure so looked it up. Maj. Frank Burns of Mash. Now that was a show! Can’t resist watching whenever I come across a rerun. Seen them all many times.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                Honestly I was pretty sure so looked it up. Maj. Frank Burns of Mash. Now that was a show! Can’t resist watching whenever I come across a rerun. Seen them all many times.
                Give that man a cee-gar! "Say the secret word, win $100!" A duck comes down with the secret word and a hundred dollar bill in it's bill. Before your time?
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Groucho Marx. Gotta do better than that Rob
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Groucho Marx. Gotta do better than that Rob
                    Okay, real quick, who played Dennis on Dennis the Menace? Remember Gale Storm?

Comment

Ok. You got me. I can see the black and white images in my mind and sort of remember the at least 2 different actors who played Mr. Wilson (or am I getting confused with the 2 Dicks from Bewitched?)
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Ok. You got me. I can see the black and white images in my mind and sort of remember the at least 2 different actors who played Mr. Wilson (or am I getting confused with the 2 Dicks from Bewitched?)
                        There were two Mr. Wilsons. Jay North was Dennis.

"Gale Storm" was born Josephine Owaissa Cottle, and had two shows in the fifties: My Little Margie and The Gale Storm Show. After that she had a career as a singer.

I was given a package of Oreos and planted in front of the TV as a toddler. Large screen (14 inche) black & white, fine tuning, vertical and horizontal hold.

Comment

"Before your time?"

No

"Remember Gale Storm?"

Anyone who ever saw her would. The Gale Storm Show was the 1st "Love Boat"
                          Last edited by wymple; 09-11-2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

This is confusing. It sounds like he's selling a memory.

Basket Case Extrordinaire!!! - $3,000 (Albuquerque)

Owned since 1964 when it was cool to chop your bike. 5" on the neck, frame lengthened 8" to accommodate set back for tranny( note long primary). Frame dropped another 5" for the seat by the post. Oil tank is old fuel- altered fuel tank. Custom gas tank. Clear title. Registered as 1986 as per engine numbers. 2 seat styles, 2 pass and solo. No lookie-lous!!!!! Talk to me by phone before we go any further. See all pics. Bike is in boxes. Frame is 53 panhead.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Guy sounds weird in the head. Could be the inspiration of a murder novel, or a mental health case study.
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                This is confusing. It sounds like he's selling a memory.

Basket Case Extrordinaire!!! - $3,000 (Albuquerque)
                                Does, doesn't it. The "Bike is in boxes" just like Grandmother's china might be too.

Comment

Working...
                                X