No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washed my bike today in preperation for tomorrows vintage swap meet. It was crappy all day then after I had finished the sun came out. So went and got some gas and took this on the "long" way home.
    Loving the new Avon's too!
    No signature

Comment

Went to Leesburg Bike Fest.
      Thousands of Bikes, perhaps a couple of hundred thousand people.
      After about an hour, you just start getting numb to it all. Geez the bikes and people, where do they all come from?

Me on the right. I did see a GS300 there, in really good condition and a yamaha RD400 in about mint, Honda 750 fours, and even a Kawasaki 1000 Z1, but it was all about Harley really, Harley bikes, trinkets, stickers, clothing, etc. and my little GS1100E. Put about 200 miles on it today.

sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Damn trevor when did you get this?! And how do you keep finding such beautiful bikes?!! I see you sold the GSXR and I'm guessing this was the replacement?

Congratulations on yet another gorgeous GS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
          Damn trevor when did you get this?! And how do you keep finding such beautiful bikes?!! I see you sold the GSXR and I'm guessing this was the replacement?

Congratulations on yet another gorgeous GS.
          Lol...thanks Tom. Yeah sold the gsxr. I was a little sad about it but knew it was the right thing to do. Too easy to speed on it and not the most comfortable bike for this 47 yearold.. I wanted a 1100 for two up riding with my wife and planning some more long distance stuff too. I would like to start putting a few less miles on the 750 too.
          As for how I found it, well I have been looking for several months, everyday on any site available across North America. Almost pulled the trigger on one in Edmonton. Then a guy from Vancouver answered one of my ads looking for this bike.
          29000kms!
          No signature

Comment

Sunday morning Ride Through The Finger Lakes Region of CNY

Well had some time this morning to get out and clear the cobwebs out!
            Took a ride through the Finger Lakes Region here in CNY..Stopping at a State campground...Sampson St. Park...once home to the US Navy During WWII and the US Air Force during the Korean War..now part of it being used for a joint museum shared by the two branches...took some pics while there...and then stopping by one of my favorite wineries to grab a couple bottles of vino to wrap up the ride!

Comment

Toured all the way across Northern VT into Northern NH then down to Southern NH into Southern VT then back up to my place in Colchester VT... Took this pic as I passed through the White Mountain State park... So beautifull... It was aweseme. SO beautrifu and majestic!

And a pic of how many miles I covered

Hoping next time I get to see my fellow Southern NH dwelling GSRers! Next time Lurch and Jethro! I plan on going back to NH next Sunday FYI but like to tour the northern side... I love those White Mountains!!!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Washed my bike today in preperation for tomorrows vintage swap meet. It was crappy all day then after I had finished the sun came out. So went and got some gas and took this on the "long" way home.
                Loving the new Avon's too!
                I love that color!

Hmmm...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                  I love that color!

Hmmm...
                  Thanks Spyder, I think the official colour is called "Starry Blue Metallic".
                  No signature

Comment

It looks purple in the sun though! Hmm, maybe it is 'Starry Blue' at night and cloudy days but 'Starry Purple' in the Sun!
                    IBA# 12860
                    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                    1984 KZ1100R
                    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Thanks Spyder, I think the official colour is called "Starry Blue Metallic".

That is an awesome looking bike Trevor!...It's just gotta make you giggle every time you hop aboard her!!.. (the bike that is!)

Comment

A stop along this morning's commute. Chilly start at 36F and 50+ miles for my heated vest to pick a time to flake out. I suppose I should get another GS to be posting in this section too.

Comment

Here is my 450$ 82' 650E. All original, 8K miles. A little rough, but still pretty nice.
                          I rode it once a few months ago to confirm it shifts and that my carb rebuild was good.
                          Put 70 miles on today to watch for any new bugs. All seems well with this bike.
                          Possible restoration project.

Rebuilt carbs and thats been it. Fine runner. Have new tires here waiting to go on soon.

Comment

Rob and Glenn and I got out for a little ride up Island. This place gives 10% discount to guys on motorcycles.

No signature

Comment

Spooked some tourists getting the pic.
                              This goofy clock even keeps time.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Was warmer out today than it has been so I hit the dirt roads and went to one of the many nearby lakes.

The lake is still frozen, lol.

The cold air flowing off it is incredible. bbbrrrrr!

Comment

Working...
                                X