No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you went touring on the logging roads in the Cow Lake area! I laugh when I see your bike that filthy in these photos, only because I know that the next time I see the bike... it'll be immaculate!

Glad you had a good weekend!
    IBA# 12860
    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
    1984 KZ1100R
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
      Looks like you went touring on the logging roads in the Cow Lake area! I laugh when I see your bike that filthy in these photos, only because I know that the next time I see the bike... it'll be immaculate!

Glad you had a good weekend!
      Haha Glenn, right you are! It's already been taken care of! Took 2 hours to get it back in shape. It killed me to look at my bike that way for 3 days while camping! Lunch or a ride this week?
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
        I got out today in the same gear that I wear ALL YEAR LONG.
        The only difference from Winter riding is the vents are zipped shut, the addition of a jacket liner, longer/thicker gloves and a sweatshirt.
        If it drops below 40 degrees, I put on the winter pants that are not mesh.

I asked a nice used car salesmen to get a pic for all to see!

I passed plenty of PUSSIES that were wearing tank tops, t-shirts, sneakers and shorts all day long!.

The boots come up to just under the knees.

ATGATT!

Eric
        Good for you Eric for being a smart man!! Better a little warm than a little dead!
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by pmong View Post
          Here is a link to the photo of the setup and explanation:

Simple rig for inexpensive camcorder to record motorcycle ride. Straps to upper chest, creating an interesting POV. Sample video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=d920CKH1ieo&list=HL1341283671... Kodak camcorder about $29. Elastic strap and iPhone holder, eBay specials, forgot price. Velco at end to facilitate putting on and taking off. Had a more complex setup, but found the simple is best.

Link to the video (again)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Thanks mate, nice and simple! Still not sure about attaching one to me, but good to see how you did it as it certainly worked well for you!

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Went away camping for the weekend and my wife and son went in the cage and I rode my bike. Crappy weather, got caught in the rain on the way up and my bike got crazy dirty. Don't like that! Got out for a ride on sunday when the rain stopped. Went onto the logging road to Port Renfrew. Great road!!!

Nooooo it can't happen Trevor! Your bike's far too pretty for that

I know the feeling though, I ride mine every day to work and it sucks when you get rainy weather... can't stand for it to stay dirty too long but it's usually a few weeks before I can get time to wash and polish it again.

Good for you Eric for being a smart man!! Better a little warm than a little dead!
          +1, and I'm the same Eric, the only thing different now compared to summer is an Oxford neck sock thing to keep the wind off my neck and I have the quilted and rain liners in my jacket. Draggin' jeans/cargoes are the same and boots almost up to the knees as usual and helmet vents shut for winter. I still wear my summer gloves as so far the handguards seem to stop my hands getting too cold.
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I guess you never heard the expression, "yeah it's a 100 degrees, but it's a dry heat."
            He lives in dry heat. There is a big difference between 10% and 99% humidity. Didn't you look at those National Geographic magazines when you were a kid? The weren't naked because they couldn't make something to wear that didn't clash with the bone in their nose. Here you start sweating three feet out the front door. Until they invented air conditioning, the only place people lived, was along the coast. If I wanted to wear a cow, I'd buy a Harley, wear a vest and chaps and move out west somewhere like San Francisco or Northern Nevada, where men are men and the sheep are nervous.
            GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
              I guess you never heard the expression, "yeah it's a 100 degrees, but it's a dry heat."
              He lives in dry heat. There is a big difference between 10% and 99% humidity. Didn't you look at those National Geographic magazines when you were a kid? The weren't naked because they couldn't make something to wear that didn't clash with the bone in their nose. Here you start sweating three feet out the front door. Until they invented air conditioning, the only place people lived, was along the coast. If I wanted to wear a cow, I'd buy a Harley, wear a vest and chaps and move out west somewhere like San Francisco or Northern Nevada, where men are men and the sheep are nervous.
              Hahahahahahahahaahahahahhaahaha

Sorry, that's hilarious...

Oh, my jacket is textile too by the way

We get some reasonable humidity here and sometimes in summer traffic can be a killer with the humidity even with all liners removed, summer gloves, and all helmet vents open...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                Hahahahahahahahaahahahahhaahaha

Sorry, that's hilarious...

Oh, my jacket is textile too by the way

We get some reasonable humidity here and sometimes in summer traffic can be a killer with the humidity even with all liners removed, summer gloves, and all helmet vents open...
                I have mesh padded riding pants and I just got a water proof jacket that has a removeable liner, but they only get worn at night and the winter, all three days of it. Actually I have a leather jacket, that looks identical to the one Dennis Hopper wore in the movie Easy Rider. It fit in with my Triumph chopper I had back in the day.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

As I sit here typing this it's a balmy 7.3 celcius in the middle of winter...

Oh, and that's 5:27am my time...

sigpic

Comment

As I sit here typing this it's a balmy 7.3 celcius in the middle of winter...

Oh, and that's 5:27am my time...
                    45* F? Man, that was barely cold enough to start wearing a sweatshirt back in Colorado. Course it will be interesting to see what this winter will bring me
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I went for a short ride after work. Since my thumb (formally broken) was feeling better.

I took short trips to and from work on my little 450 for the past three weeks. Resting here and there trying to work my thumb in...

Denver > Lookout Mt.

I got a horrid shot on the way...

YEA!!! I also went up to my parents house. 60 minutes each direction on my new SV650 last weekend. It was a blast. I have ridden that a few weekends now. Still makes my hands sore so I have not used it too much. (its got new tires, and fresh fork seals to break in too)

Whoot getting some riding in this summer after all

Comment

On my way to work...

Then I GET to work!

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          45* F? Man, that was barely cold enough to start wearing a sweatshirt back in Colorado. Course it will be interesting to see what this winter will bring me
                          Hahaha it's cold enough for me here

I'm still not sure if I need winter gloves but I'm going to be riding into work at 10pm next Monday and home at probably 12:30 - 1am so I guess I'll see how cold it really is without the sun... and that will be my first ever night ride on the 450 too!

sigpic

Comment

Hahaha it's cold enough for me here

I'm still not sure if I need winter gloves but I'm going to be riding into work at 10pm next Monday and home at probably 12:30 - 1am so I guess I'll see how cold it really is without the sun... and that will be my first ever night ride on the 450 too!
                            Hard to grasp winter in Au when it's been damn near a 100deg everyday here for a week, and isn't planning on letting up for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                              Hard to grasp winter in Au when it's been damn near a 100deg everyday here for a week, and isn't planning on letting up for awhile.
                              That makes nearly 38 celcius, toasty!

How's the humidity though? I can cope with 38 and no humidity...

sigpic

Comment

That makes nearly 38 celcius, toasty!

How's the humidity though? I can cope with 38 and no humidity...
                                Currently, 55% humidity, but it gets higher, and may yet today since yesterdays storm and expecting more this afternoon, yeah, sweat rolls with little effort. But I wouldn't trade it for the cold, I hate winter, never did like it, wouldn't mind moving out back west, but don't miss Colorado as much as I used to thanks to the fires. Wouldn't mind Neveda, Arizona or maybe evven New Mexico, But I'll prbably live and die in Ohio.

Comment

Working...
                                X