No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HAD to take another one of the girls out for a ride today.
    She was getting jealous after seeing a stablemate leave yesterday.
    According to NOAA.Gov, it was 2 degrees colder than yesterday. Air-cooled bikes don't mind the cold a bit.
    They just run a little better! The ice cold incoming air might have something to do with it.
    As I couldn't get any water out of a garden hose, all that I could do was wipe some of the dust off with a towel.
    A couple of pic's.

I scared the white horse when I dismounted.

Get out and ride those scooters! They'll love you for it.

Daniel

Comment

Haven't had any free bike offers today, but we had a record setting 85 degrees, here in beautiful central Florida. And no, we do not have Global Warning here, it was this hot in the early 70's. Then we actually had some snow in '76. Sorry no picts. but I'll take some tomorrow and post them. The only obsticals we have here, this time of the year, are crazy driver that wont put down there cell phones. My biggest fear is being the cream filling between two bumpers. LOL and knock on wood......
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Oh yea, Daniel, nice scenery.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Nice ride too Daniel!
          Did not get out today, first time in 8 days! I guess I should count my blessings that I am getting out in December at all. Looks like rain here for the few days too. Oh well I think Santa will be bringing me some GS goodies.
          No signature

Comment

Trevor, somewhere in the projects thread, you can find that build. (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...=179253&page=6)
            It was a frame with an engine minus just about everything else when I got it.
            About $350-400 into it including the new tires.
            Most of the parts: Seat, tank, tail, fender, carbs, airbox, etc. were in my spare parts bin.
            The rest, was elbow grease, know how and cheapo Krylon paint. LOL!
            Now that some of the parts started trickling in from Boulevard Suzuki,
            she got a tach cable today (now I know that the tach works) and some new intake and airbox boots real soon.
            Send the rain or even snow this way! No water in months.

Daniel
            Last edited by Guest; 12-23-2011, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Hi Daniel,

I like the paint scheme on this bike. It looks great.

You do real good work, my friend. Have a Merry Christmas!

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff

Comment

Check the link in the previous post, #140, for the build.
                This little 1000 is even fun with the 28mm carbs and small port head. Before I got carried away:
                It scoots right along. The side cover badges are off because I am going to sand some more and clear coat.

Daniel
                Last edited by Guest; 12-24-2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Here it is X-Mas Eve, and the weather was beautiful so........... I went for a ride, I rode my very fast GS1100E, drove it down to the Black Hammock
                  Biker Bar 10 minutes from my house, then to the St. John's River.

Don't know if you can see it but there's a very big alligator in that cage.
                  There's lots of gators I can take pictures of, but this was the only way I knew of to get the bike in one with the gator.

Another pic of the front of the establishment. I like to take folks on airboat rides here.

Then I took a quick, very quick cruise to the St. John's river. Maybe it was the light wind, or light jacket I was wearing, but around 85 it has a tendancy to want to walk around the highway, just doesn't want to track straight, feels very light, could be the road, for whatever reason, that was about as fast as I felt safe to go. Think I might need to adjust the suspension or reduce the air pressure in the tires.

sigpic
                  Steve
                  "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

How about xmas eve in Canada! Got love parking during xmas on a bike!! 10 degrees and sunny!
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                      Here it is X-Mas Eve, and the weather was beautiful so........... I went for a ride, I rode my very fast GS1100E.

Beautiful bike! If I didn't know that you were in Florida, I would of thought that you stole Grand Rouge's bike.
                      We saw that original, original owner bike in Sacramento last Sunday.

Daniel

Comment

I HAD to take another '78 out today.
                        The temp. on a bank's sign said 44 degrees. Much warmer than the past couple of days.

The 32CV carbs work MUCH better than the stock 28's on the other '78.
                        This one, scoots along MUCH better!

Stopped at a Zoo.

National Guard.

And some little park that I didn't know existed.

Get out and ride! The bike's will love you for it.

Daniel

Comment

I decided to take the 1000 out today, gorgeous weather, won't hold up forever, so why not.

It's always good to see the couple of Eagles that sometimes roost several hundred feet from my bedroom window.

Tried to get a shot of the beautiful sunset, but the oranges and reds just didn't come out in the horizon

And now the part of my bike most people see

sigpic
                          Steve
                          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

As it was still in the mid to low 40's this afternoon, I took another girl out for a spin.
                            Stopped at an over-priced Shell station to check my fuel level as I didn't believe the gauge.
                            Popped the cap and sloshed it side to side. Sure enough, almost a half a tank!
                            Leaving the station and up the steep grade towards Cold Springs...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Stopped for a photo op at the dry lake.

Turned the video camera back on after leaving civilization.
                            At the end of the road, I decided to explore a section of road that I had never been on before.
                            As it was a dirt road, time to do some off-roading in the little G.

At the end of the road, I took a turn down a section of road that I had never been on before.A little off-roading for the G today! Still a little chilly out ...

Stopped at the ice flow for a few of pic's. Yes, that is SOLID ice.

Leaving the dirt and back on pavement.

A little while later on another road, this guy kept slowing and then getting up to speed.
                            So, I had to get past him before he did something stupid.

Had a wonderful time, as usual. Get out there and ride.The girl's love it!

Daniel

Comment

I got a nice ride in today, about a 30 mile circle, it was fun. All my pictures are on my new videocamera that's compiling a movie for me soon to be posted here. Here's one of the tags from the riding game from today.

Comment

"And so this is Christmas..." JL

Got out for a few minutes. More posted in GS Stories thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X