anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pic's Jake, so green!

I had to stop for a duck crossing on my way home today too actually, but it wasn't a white one. I was very happy to see cars in both directions stopping to wait for it to cross the road...

And I actually got out for a nice little run this morning up through Dayboro to Mt Mee. Only a short run, but I took the twisty way there and back although the bridge on Bunya Rd was closed with roadworks so I had to double back there.

Beautiful mid-winter day for riding I must say! A bit chilly up on Mt Mee due to the altitude but only some high cloud which didn't get rid of all the sun.

I also got some reasonably decent "complete" shots of the 450 finally...

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Is it ever really complete Pete?

Great pics, thanks for sharing mate. One of these days I will ride Australia, you have a beautiful country down there. And the scrambler looks fantastic as usual!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post

Great pics, thanks for sharing mate. One of these days I will ride Australia, you have a beautiful country down there. And the scrambler looks fantastic as usual!
        Have to agree with Tim Tom, Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post

Cheers Tim! I think she might actually be complete this time though... I have no desire to tinker any more now aside from keeping her maintenance up to date

And don't forget if it wasn't for your Photoshop skills I'd probably still be deciding on paint...

Originally posted by oldrookie View Post
          Have to agree with Tim Tom, Pete.
          Cheers Rook! Very happy with the end result as you can no doubt tell

sigpic

Comment

Got about 150 smooth miles so far up and down the coast after vacum synch! (carbs need some very slight tweak)
            Back to refuel before the ride over to San Jose to meet Wallowgreen & TomTLC for a visit with hospitalian macbec29.
            (slight leak from camchain tensioner perhaps)

Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Here's the test video I shot the other day. Youtube doesn't like the HD file size, so this is pretty condensed. Just some shots edited together of the more fun spots close to home.

Comment

Here's the test video I shot the other day.
                That came out pretty good. What does the mount look like ? What kinda camera ?
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by hjacobmiller View Post
                  I like this shot. A lot.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                    That came out pretty good. What does the mount look like ? What kinda camera ?
                    The camera is a GoPro Hero. The DIY mount is below. The original video looks much better. I had to compress it pretty heavily to get it to upload within a couple of hours.

Now that I know it works okay, I'll spend some time making it look better. Better bolts, edges finished and maybe some paint.
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Old Rookie - thanks.

I wish I could have gotten a better picture of this other really cool little bridge I found. There was also a few other really crazy trees on that same road that was every bit as twisty as the trees themselves! I loved it. I'm starting to get the idea of what this whole vintage bike thing is about.

I'll see if tomorrow night I can get some better pics of that little bridge I'm talking about.

Comment

Old Rookie - thanks.

I wish I could have gotten a better picture of this other really cool little bridge I found. There was also a few other really crazy trees on that same road that was every bit as twisty as the trees themselves! I loved it. I'm starting to get the idea of what this whole vintage bike thing is about.

I'll see if tomorrow night I can get some better pics of that little bridge I'm talking about.
                        Look forward to it. You live in beautiful country.

Comment

Getting lost is fun:/
                          yea, great photo!

Comment

I like this shot. A lot.
                            +1, awesome shot Jake! Very cool. I have lots of trees and twisties not far from me to ride in but it's all good old Aussie bush, no fancy twisty trees like that

The camera is a GoPro Hero. The DIY mount is below. The original video looks much better. I had to compress it pretty heavily to get it to upload within a couple of hours.

Now that I know it works okay, I'll spend some time making it look better. Better bolts, edges finished and maybe some paint.
                            I made one similar for my dodgy little cheapo camera but unfortunately I'm only getting 15 to 20 min's battery life out of it so have to send it back to Hong Kong... you get what you pay for right? Wish I could justify the price of a GoPro but that would impact on the budget for the little Duc...

Either way, your vid turned out pretty well, it's a very stable setup you have there

sigpic

Comment

Well, I only got about 15 minutes of video at 1080 HD anyway, so the short battery life wouldn't affect much.

I'm toying with bending the top part of the short leg back over until it touches the longer one to see if that adds any stability.

Comment

Working...
                              X