No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't have a good picture, but it's several hundred feet. The summit we didn't get to is about 11,000 ft. Top of the mountain to the right, called Red Cone is 12,000. Think the valley below us is about 10,000. We were thinking of rolling a bike down to watch it fly but we couldn't agree on who's bike to use. Here's another picture, kind of a panorama type thing.

I'll try it again in a week or so. On the other side of this pass are some really cool (and a lot harder) trails. Up and over Red Cone is my favorite of all, but it's very difficult.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

11000 feet = 3352 metres that's some hike!

I wonder why you couldn't agree on which bike?

Cool stuff
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

the neighbour kid, a 28 year old punk, talked me into going off the grid with his contraptions:

taken during one of my frequent rest stops:

i preferred the gasgas but the lack of seat was tough when my legs became jelly.

how many times can you say, " i'm too old for this sh!t " before it just sounds redundant? it was also way too much fun.

if he talks me into it again we'll be sure to take the gopro. we both had one good wipeout and i swear they would go viral if uploaded. duck pluckin hilarious.
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Sweet YT125! I had the YT175, those things are wheelie machines.

I stopped at walmart on my way home from work and while digging through my tank bag a large dark shape rolled into my field of vision.

I looked up and saw this;

I guess he saw my GS and wanted to chat.

His first bike was a used 70's GS750E and his second was a 85 GS1150EF that he bought new.

His CBX looked brand spanking new, He said he had always wanted one So he bought it as a project and spent the winter restoring it.

That's the first time I've ever seen a CBX in person!

Comment

Love riding this bike!
            Here is my favorite spot on the Cuyahoga River this afternoon.

And a b/w pic at my gf's house earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
              Love riding this bike!
              Here is my favorite spot on the Cuyahoga River this afternoon.
              And a b/w pic at my gf's house earlier today.
              Hey Adam,

man, you got right down next to the river.
              I thought Cuyahgo was bigger than that, but then again, all I knew of it was downtown Cleveland.

Having the R/R mounted on outside of side panel, that your idea? Good for air flow,eh.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Hey Adam,

man, you got right down next to the river.
                I thought Cuyahgo was bigger than that, but then again, all I knew of it was downtown Cleveland.

Having the R/R mounted on outside of side panel, that your idea? Good for air flow,eh.
                Well Dave...in honor of you, I WAS going to put the back tire in the water! (as you soo like to do in your boat ramp pictures) he he I always wondered why you did that? Just your thing I guess. Haha
                And well, the r/r mounted on that home made side cover was just to add a little "race flair" if you will. I got the bike with no side covers, so I made those up out of some scrap aluminum. The r/r thing was just a flash thought that I went with. I like it.
                The cuyahoga us not as big as you think. I dont think there are many spots one couldnt throw a stone across. In the picture its actually still high from all the rain last week.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                  ............I WAS going to put the back tire in the water! (as you soo like to do in your boat ramp pictures) he he I always wondered why you did that? ..............
                  Because I am a bike picture dork weirdo. You can say it. My son says it.

Actually is so have bike parked in somewhat unusall location and so have some reflection of bike in water surface. Can do this at boat ramp having concrete ramp into water.

One time I figured out how to get both wheels in water, and thought I was a clever fellow.
                  (lets see if I can find that pic)
                  But, if I had actually been a clever fellow, I would have figured a way out of there BEFORE I got into there. Should have had a plan for how to get bike off the sidestand. DOAH.
                  Is kinda deep on other side.

>>>found pic. (from 2009)

Last edited by Redman; 07-18-2013, 12:34 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Another Friday off, another Friday ride! We're having the most amazing summer out here!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

^^Love the Kat! Thanks for sharing.

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        Because I am a bike picture dork weirdo. You can say it. My son says it.

Actually is so have bike parked in somewhat unusall location and so have some reflection of bike in water surface. Can do this at boat ramp having concrete ramp into water.

One time I figured out how to get both wheels in water, and thought I was a clever fellow.
                        (lets see if I can find that pic)
                        But, if I had actually been a clever fellow, I would have figured a way out of there BEFORE I got into there. Should have had a plan for how to get bike off the sidestand. DOAH.
                        Is kinda deep on other side.

>>>found pic. (from 2009)

Dave, I want to see a pic of your GK in the Arctic ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                          Artic Ocean. That is pretty far north. You been there? On a bike? I suspect you have been over it many times.

Artic Ocean too far north for me to ride.
                          How about Hudson Bay?
                          How about Lake Superior?
                          How about Lake Michigan?
                          How about boat launch on river right near Lake Michigan?

May go for ride tomorrow.
                          Stop at Muskegon Bike Time for a while, then head out for a ride.

Last edited by Redman; 07-19-2013, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                            Redman, I dig you bike photos in odd locations.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Homie View Post
                              Went on a 500mi two day ride with a mixed bag of 17 other biker friends last weekend. About two thirds of the bikes were Harleys of various models (I don't know much about Harleys so I don't know what they were). Don't have any pics, but a funny thing happened that I thought I would share with you guys.

For one leg through a very open rural area I wound up leading the pack. As I'm cruising along doing about 70mph one of the Harleys pulls up along side me. It's a stripped-down 103 cubic inch "big-twin" and the rider yells that he wants to "run" me. Huh? He yells for me to slow down to 40mph and then he'll give me the signal for us to "go". Seriously? OK, I'll play along and see what the "big-twin" can do.

Slow down to 40mph, and wait for his signal. I'm in 3rd gear and plan to drop it down to 2nd and whack it wide open when he gives the signal. There it is - 2nd gear and WOT - engine jumps to 8,000rpm and starts pulling like a rocketship! Front end is light and coming up - shift my weight forward - 3rd gear and then 4th gear. Glance over from the tach to the speedo and see that I'm well into the triple digits and decide thats fast enough. Sit up, slow down and look around - the "big-twin" is waaaay behind me.

When we pull into the next fuel stop the rider of the "big-twin" and some other Harley guys come over to check out the GS. The guys says "damn that thing is fast. What size motor is that?" I tell him that its "only" 1166cc or about 67 cubic inches. Looking at my Top-End-Oiler steel-braided lines he says "you got nitrous on it don't you?" Tell him nope, it's all motor. Then one of the other guys crouches down and is taking a close look at the motor when he says "hey! he's got four carbs on this thing - that's what must make it so fast!" Huh? I got nothing to respond to that with! It was like they had never seen an inline four before! Guess they must of figured that the GS had to have one carb like their V-twins did.

They are a great bunch of guys and I wound up giving them a quick overview of the GS's engine. They were surprised at how much power came out of "only" 67 cubic inches. For the rest of the trip they only "ran" each other as they all had a front row seat when the GS put a beat-down on the "big-twin".

I really need to take it down to Gateway Raceway and see what it will do in the 1/4 mile and use some of those conversion calculations to estimate the power. I'm a terrible launcher so I'm sure I wouldn't be very consistent and that would throw off the calculations. Or maybe I'll have to get the GS over to Rudy at QuickTime Motorsports so he can put it on the dyno and see how much power it's making cause I really don't know what it's putting out. Whatever it is putting out it sure is an adreniline rush riding it!!
                              obviously you winning those little game....coz i just thought why harley almost never participate in motogp/superbike....harley is not a performance class bike...they r more like a luxury touring elephant....

its gonna be same if a bunch of rolls royce owner come to you and say "hi , lets race dude....i want to make challenge with your nissan skyline"
                              loose one will treat a bottle of beer...

i have story too with a harley which i dont know type or year....but the rider seems he was depart late...and want to chase his group....
                              so , when traffic jam is red...both of us stopped in front line....
                              when its get green....both of us are spin the throttle full....and...i was loose far far away his back...in 10 seconds...he was gone....even the road wide and long...still i can't see him....i'm gonna get a bigger displacement someday (thats what i thought that day)....haha

Comment

OK, Hudson Bay. Both tires in. And the sidestand.

Comment

Working...
                                X