anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Wow, Dan. Your weather is not much colder than mine. I've just been commuting to work every day. It's been in the mid-70s for highs and in the low 50s during my morning and evening commutes. We're still sort of waiting for winter around here. We did have a little cold spell last month where I was commuting in the low 40s but so far this year the temps have been very mild.

Here's where I usually park at work, beside the cart shed.

During the long, hot summer days I usually squeeze under the cart shed to stay in the shade, or out of the weather during the rainy season.

Hey Mr. trevor, riding around at 0ºC is pretty hard core. The coldest I've ever ridden was 37ºF. I'm sure I could do colder.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 01-11-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Was 47 when got home from work, great, lets go for ride.

Shadow is easier to get out of back corner of garage, and I dont care so much if it gets a bit ao salt dust.

Rode into town, and down by the lake. Was about sunset.
      Restraunt parking lot at beach, with sand piled up from clearing the sand from parking lot.

Then rode out of town and along the river for a while.
      Was 38-40 when got back home.
      Should have had the chaps and heavier gloves. But was good to be out in January.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey Dave,

Beautiful!

Originally posted by Redman
        Thanks for sharing.

Cliff

Comment

Rode my bike for work yesterday. Got up to 5 degrees (40) put on 80km. This is a pic between Sidney and Victoria BC beside the Pacific, you can see Mt. Baker in the background all covered in snow!!
          No signature

Comment

Hi,

I rode into work as usual this morning. When I stopped for gas the attendant started talking to me about the bike he had in his service bay.

It's a '79 GS1000, only 5000 miles on the odometer. We chatted for a bit, exchanged emails, and I pointed him in the right direction for maintenance help. Maybe he'll show up here. Hopefully I'll have time to lend him a hand.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Had a plan of giving the old girl a bath then a little ride. It was sunny and 4 or 5 degrees out when I started the bath. then this weird white stuff started to fall from the sky.
              No signature

Comment

Although the weather report said it was only going to get to 45 here today... they lied!
                It felt like about 70 degrees out! At least for a few minutes, around 2 P.M.
                Anyhow, I HAD to take poor old neglected Goldy out for some fun!

I have always loved this mountain range as it is always so looming above everything around it. (Peterson Range)
                Apparently it is only about 8,000 feet: http://www.summitpost.org/petersen-m...h-point/588563
                On the other side in the middle of July, there is usually some snow as the Sun never gets to that side.
                I had to put up with some washboard roads to get near it for some pic's.
                I tried the panorama mode to get its glory but it seems lacking as to what it looks like in person.

Some of the washboard road...

I happened upon this relatively new (2 years old perhaps?) Park while checking out strange roads to me.
                I liked this little rock formation...

Only got in about 75 miles and saw about a dozen H-D's and two sport bikes.
                At least when I was on pavement anyway.

Daniel

Comment

Man this sucks... you guys are in the middle of winter and getting more riding done than me, how does that work?? I finally got a chance this afternoon for the first time this weekend to think about going for a ride... and it started raining... I haven't got any wet weather gear just yet so that meant a ride free weekend for the first time since the 450 went back on the road

Daniel, I love that scenery... so open and clear...

And Trevor, you know if you didn't wash your bike it wouldn't have started to snow right?
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Was 47 when got home from work, great, lets go for ride....
                    That ride of mine was Wednesday evening.

This was my ride Friday morning,
                    ...... and ... Saturday morning
                    ...... and ... Sunday afternoon (about an hour ago).
                    Last edited by Redman; 01-15-2012, 04:11 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

After having too much fun on Goldy yesterday, she got to go out today!
                      It was windy as hell and a very bad idea but, whatcha gonna do?
                      40 degrees when I left and not too terrible on the back roads but, cross winds were treacherous!!!
                      Tree branches, plastic soda/drink bottles, rabbits, sagebrush, etc. all flying across the road!
                      I really wish I had taken the video camera off of the GSX1100G just so you could see all of the stuff flying across the roads!

I even went by that POS GS1100GK that is still for sale and the idiot owner pulled up after I took this picture and asked me if I wanted to buy it. LMFAO!
                      I told him that I had already offered him too much for it and he turned me down.
                      He then said, I'll take $300 for it to which I replied "I paid $300 for THIS bike, why on Earth would I pay $300 for that?"

I tried to take a video (forgetting not to try and take a side-ways video. )
                      But it was so windy that it looked like the bike was going to be knocked over in this parking lot!
                      I was trying to show the flag at Jack in the box wipping around and the street sign swinging all over the place.
                      Here is the short vid followed by a quick pic while grabbing the bike!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

A little while later with the wind blocked behind this hill.

Enjoying this warm JANUARY (???) weather.

Daniel

Comment

No pics and no thermometer on the blue bike yet, but my wife said it was 28 (F) on the way to church Sunday (according to her truck's thermometer)- I leave about 30 minutes before she does. Love my 12V heated gloves.

I think some of the video I posted here last fall on the red GS1000 was in 32 degree (F) weather.

Comment

Seventeen degrees when I left the house for work this morning. I also am loving my heated glove liners. The rest of my gear is fine for the commute, but I wouldn't be riding in these temperatures with cold hands. Sorry no pics.
                          '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Heated gear? What's that? LOL.
                            Wish I had some or that the GS charging system could handle it.
                            Gloves and socks would be all that is really necessary or desired.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                              Heated gear? What's that? LOL.
                              Wish I had some or that the GS charging system could handle it.
                              Gloves and socks would be all that is really necessary or desired.

Daniel
                              Heated gear is WONDERFUL.Best investment for riding I ever made.IMHO a vest is the way to go.Keep your core warm the rest of the body follows

Comment

Just put a sissy bar on my bike for my girl and we went on a one-hundred mile burst up near Santa Maria.
                                Sorry no pics
                                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                                X