X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
    great photos! bike looks 'cleeean' ! wtg
    orig r/r ?
    Cheers Paul, yours doesn't look like too much of a scrubber either mind!

Not sure about the r/r, was on the machine when I got it....
    It's smoke that make electronic components work.
    Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
    '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
    '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
    '82 GS1000SZ
    '82 GS1100GL
    '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Took out the ZX for some canyon fun....Only cause the GS is in storage of course....

Comment

I took the ES out for a good run. That elec tach is NOT accurate. My motor spins up faster that it reads & I have to shift by ear & "feel". Bike runs strong & smooth.

Today I will ride the 1123 "super" F.

PERFECT weather in Michigan right now!

Comment

I DID ride the F yesterday. Well, sorry my GS brothers, but My 1100F is just so much better all around than the E or ES(which I adore) I can see why it was the "big" seller(cb1100 f= $3698.00, GS1100ES = $4350.00) $650.00 doesn't seen like much BUT it is a HEAVY %.

All are GREAT bikes. The CB has much better brakes(ss lines on both)& maybe the OHLINS make a dif on the Honda too.

They sho looks pretty sittin' side by side!!!!!

Comment

SCOOTER "hot" laps.

Wellll...Due to poor planning, my insurance on the cycle lapsed for the first time in 20+ years . Renewed it by phone, and im awaiting a new id card. Today, we recieved our neighbors mail, and they did not recieve ours my card is being held hostage by the USPS
            I did do some scooter laps around the neighborhood to my great enjoyment, the last with the baffle removed. Childish prehaps, but that 70 cc ring dinger cackle was fun to hear...Besides i passed 5 parties, so no silence was disturbed

Last edited by dorkburger; 08-17-2013, 10:15 PM. Reason: misspell
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Picked up some wings@Quaker Steak lol

Comment

We headed down to the Laverda Concours show today, perfect weather for it (although I'm quite sunburnt).

Had a nice ride over Mt Glorious and Mt Nebo, then met the rest at Rocklea and we all headed down to the show.

4 Katanas, a Trumpy, a GSXR 750, and my 450 made the trip, and there were a couple of other guys we met up with down at the show.

Will come back and post a link shortly once I've posted the ride report thread...
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Ride report as promised:

http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=212572
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by redstedman View Post

They sho looks pretty sittin' side by side!!!!!
                    if you say so ...

Comment

Blue Moon

Changed out the failing Thermostat, after 29 years,,..
                      Then went West of town for a Test Ride;

Then back East into town;

Comment

My son and I met up with a bike night group sponsored by our local BMW dealer. Good night and bunch of nice people...
                        No signature

Comment

Calgary - Canmore

Earl (ZX14) and I decide to do a Patrol around the Vector, north & west of Cochrane (Horse Creek Rd to Grand Valley Rd).
                          Here Earl does the motorcycle equivalent of a Squeegie Kid ,,.. "Clean your Visor Sir?"

We make good time, so decide to ride the old 1A HWY to Canmore.

The most Dangerous part of the day was the Tim Hortons parking lot in Canmore.
                          My bike almost got knocked over twice,,..

Ok lady, put the Tim Bits on the bike seat, back away, and no one gets hurt,,..
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-24-2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard View Post

We make good time, so decide to ride the Old 1A HWY to Canmore.

Great on-the-road pictures.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

BrownCOunty, Bedford, Ohio River, MotoGP

Last week my son and I and DIL rode to Bedford IN on 1st day (stayed at Jays Rosemount. He was as accommodating as always. Had towels on our bikes in the morning).
                              Took a full day trip out to the east and then south to Ohio RIver, across into Kentucky, and then back across and further west, and then back to Bedford.
                              An other day was around Bedford area to Medora, then to Nashville and then plans changed due to mechanical problems (but that is a different story.And, no it wasn't my 30 year old bike that had the problem.)

THen to Indy for MotoGP (but that is yet another story, or two, or three.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Taking the ferry to Washington Island in Door County Wisconsin.

Comment

Working...
                                X