No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the great pic's Rob and Wizard!

Wizard, your last pic looks to be an early Gold Wing, guaranteed to be a member of Do The Ton, there are a few like that over there. I don't mind them done like that actually
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Just a short ride downtown for dinner and back. Enough to remind me how much I enjoy the GS. Still trying to sell it but I won't break my heart (just my spending money) if I have to keep it.

I really like my Honda NC700X, but the GS just has soul that the Honda is missing.

Comment

Sex Change (Cruiser to Cafe)

pete:
        "Wizard, your last pic looks to be an early Gold Wing, guaranteed to be a member of Do The Ton, there are a few like that over there.
        I don't mind them done like that actually "

Thats what I thought. Should be a Torque Monster. Wonder what it sounds like.
        Next time I'll try to get a Video.

Comment

Just got home after a fun ride yesterday and today with Trevor and azr. Was surprised at the performance of Rob's 78, that bike is so retro cool and the sound of that Marving in full song is exquisite!

Another shot of the weird carvings in Campbell River. For some reason I was reminded of Wizard with this one!

I'm sure Trevor will post a more thorough report of the trip but here he was this morning at a beautiful lake with not a breath of wind. It is said that 'still waters run deep', but my experience is that 'still water' doesn't run at all!

Last edited by eddie21; 09-15-2013, 10:22 PM.
          IBA# 12860
          Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
          1984 KZ1100R
          2008 Kawasaki KLR650
          2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Bad Luck, Good Luck

Hey eddie21, I've had that look on my face before,,.. Florence, Oregon -1990

too bad they usually don't buy the act,,.. I get a ticket,,..

Was stunning day yesterday morning, so went out for another Patrol (no Commies found).
            Everyone else busy so went Solo. Township Rd 214A

Good thing, its raining now and cold,,.. snowing in the Mtns.
            Hopefully it kills all the bugs off, and summer comes back.
            Last edited by Guest; 09-18-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard View Post

pete:
              "Wizard, your last pic looks to be an early Gold Wing, guaranteed to be a member of Do The Ton, there are a few like that over there.
              I don't mind them done like that actually "

Thats what I thought. Should be a Torque Monster. Wonder what it sounds like.
              Next time I'll try to get a Video.
              I saw one of these here in NE Ohio at a Vintage cruise in night. I have been dreaming of a Goldwing/silverwing café ever since. Very nice.

Comment

Today, out making the rounds.

And the other day with my buddy who did a hacky cafe out of an 82' 1100 GK

Comment

I rode about 150 miles today, from Columbus to Marion via Sunbury and back.. great ride except for the fair traffic in Delaware. Mostly two lane state highways through farm country. I almost never stop and take pictures, I just don't think about.

I've put about 5000 miles on my bike this summer, not bad since my commute is only about 1.5 miles one way, not getting much mileage there

Comment

Went out for a little ride on what was a beautiful night! No bike in the pics but trust me it's there. Boy I love where I live!

No signature

Comment

Yeah I want to move there now , wow its nice , I use to live in Alberta , someday I will try to ,keep the nice pics coming well done , Brian

Comment

Rural KY

Tuesday, Sept. 24, was a glorious day in Northern Kentucky. I started out about 9 am, temp in upper 40's. Projected to be upper 60's by noon and about 75 for a high later on. I wore longjohns under my jeans, a long-sleeve t-shirt, sweatshirt, and motorcycle jacket with liner in. The only thing that was a bit cold when I started out was my exposed neck, but I soon forgot about that. The sunshine was intoxicating and the weather perfect for a cool crisp ride.

I headed towards tobacco country but unfortunately forgot my camera. I went down Rt. 42 to 127 and rode through Glencoe. Turned on to Rt 36 before Owenton and went through a couple of little towns I had not seen before--New Liberty and then Sanders, KY. No I did not see the Colonel. Wasn't much to see at all. Followed 36 to 467 then took that along the railroad track to Worthville then 227 to Carrolton and stopped at the confluence of the KY and Ohio rivers. I made my way across the Ohio River to Madison, IN and followed the river to the Markland Dam and took the bridge back into KY. No gambling for me at the river boat. Took Rt. 42 back home--about 4 hours with a stop for lunch in Warsaw, KY.

Tobacco fields were in various stages. Some standing in the field, some cut and on sticks leaning up in field waiting to be taken to the barn and some already hung in the barn. Tobacco leaves on the road from being hauled by tractor and wagon. It's actually an interesting process. I so would have liked to take pictures of the various stages so you could see. its a pretty nostalgic pic to see the tobacco hanging in an old black creosote barn. Here's an example https://www.google.com/search?q=toba...2F%3B640%3B427

The country scenes were sooo relaxing. Cattle standing in the field, the corn and soy beans waiting to be harvested, tobacco in various stages of picking, the railroad tracks and the wide variety of homes, ranging from new and beautiful, to old farm houses with multiple chimneys from era before central heating, to old shacks with tin roofs that you wonder how someone could live there. And hardly any traffic on the roads between Glencoe and Worthville. I needed a ride like that on a beautiful day like that.

Comment

Took a ride down to the beach on this nice fall day

Last edited by Guest; 09-26-2013, 03:18 PM.

Comment

...that is my favourite angle to take a picture of a motorcycle,overboostin...someone clued me in- said- Get yourself Down! Never shoot down at the bike..."

...that said, (sigh) went for an overnight to Cortes Island-more stuff aboard the bike than usual
                            Last edited by Gorminrider; 09-27-2013, 10:39 AM. Reason: insert picture-test new photo host

Comment

Really busy today but managed to go out to eat.

Parked at a restaurant for lunch:

Parked at a restaurant for dinner:

Comment

wow! are those sweet! (I have one shiny bike that might fool some from a distance, but I can see these are out of my league entirely.)

Comment

Working...
                                X