No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gave the bike a bath and then got all my gear on and opened the garage door...and is was snowing!! But in Victoria if you don't like the weather just wait 10 minutes. Sure enough the sun came back out and got up to around 5 or 6 degrees but really windy. Managed to put on 65kms I can't believe how great the bike is running after putting in the stage one jet kit, it's fast! And the new shocks are great too. Sure is easy to spend money.
    No signature

Comment

well it's getting dark and all must be going home.....7 sport bikes in a pack just rode by......nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I rode down to the beach last week:

Yup - 39C and that it really what it looked like. Today in the afternoon it was more like this:

We have a breeze that comes in most afternoons to cool things down. It also makes the beach a less pleasant place to swim because it whips up whitecaps and kills the surf. This is a park I ride through on my way to the beach

It was still hot today but I had already been out to get my bike registered so I was already sweaty... Riding at 80kmh by the beach feels great when it's hot and you're covered in sweat!

Comment

Love the white face guages,,,,,love the pics toooooo, I gotta get my bike finished

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
            This guy?

That's Paul Bunyan in the rest area south of Brainerd, MN. I took that picture on my return from St. Cloud VA med center on Friday.
            Okely dokely... and who's Paul Bunyan when he's at home? I've heard the name before but... you know... I got no idea

Edit: Googled... ok I remember him from the Simpsons
            Last edited by pete; 03-12-2012, 08:08 AM. Reason: Google to the rescue...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider
              Paul Bunyan Is a mythical American lumber jack. He would cut trees in one swoop of is huge axe.

DP
              Cheers DP, did some Googling and know where I know the name from now

Dug the Grand Canyon too I believe?
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I got our and about for a nice 3 hour ride yesterday. Managed to fit all the good twisty roads near me into one fantastic route. Weather was perfect. Bike was running perfect. New helmet, Maier fairing, and Ikon shocks worked perfect.

Yeah I had a great day.

Comment

Oh mine's not finished yet! But it is ridable right now. I have a few more things to do so it will be off the road again shortly but it won't be for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                    I got our and about for a nice 3 hour ride yesterday. Managed to fit all the good twisty roads near me into one fantastic route. Weather was perfect. Bike was running perfect. New helmet, Maier fairing, and Ikon shocks worked perfect.

Yeah I had a great day.

Nice looking bike!!

Originally posted by JimmyR View Post
                    Oh mine's not finished yet! But it is rideable right now. I have a few more things to do so it will be off the road again shortly but it won't be for too long.
                    I'm hoping to have mine ready by the end of the month, I'm going crazy looking at everybody's photos, especially the scenic and beach scenes, can't wait to actually contribute on this thread and join in on the riding game.

Comment

Extremely sharp looking 850 Tim Tom!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                        Extremely sharp looking 850 Tim Tom!
                        Eric
                        Thanks, it hasn't been washed in at least 6 months, missing all the round chrome cam covers, dirty engine, and many other minor imperfections that I know all about. But it does photograph well for an original paint bike

Comment

I have plenty of those cam covers if you are interested.

Eric

Comment

Well I got in 2 glorious hours yesterday afternoon.......but forgot to take the camera with me It likely wouldn't have mattered anyway as I was not relaxed enough to think about scenery other than that in my "bubble" as I rode along. Saw a lot of cages and tons of side streets, intersections and driveways. I notice the sky was blue and it was sunny but that was it. Maybe in the next few weeks when I'm back on my game.

I felt like the rooky QB being sent into the most important game of the season. Kinda looked like it too I think:

Comment

Spyug, you look like you are "dressed for success".
                              Warm and professional indeed.
                              I made the mistake of wearing my summer mesh pants and gloves yesterday and it was a bit too chilly for what I had on.

Good to see that you got out for a ride!

Eric

Comment

Spent 5 hours yesterday exploring places that I haven't seen for a while... took my camera... but didn't stop long enough to take any pictures. Just enjoyed the road and gained some experience. Spent a lot of time waving to others, there were a LOT of riders out yesterday.

Next time...I'll have some pics
                                sigpic
                                Well, my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle.

1980 GS850GL

Comment

Working...
                                X