No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitstable? with the Reculver Towers in the background?
    sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Did a short 150 mile loop up to Mt. Baker, after swapping engines, stock back to 1229.
      The bigger motor destroyed my clutch hub, cracked it anyway and it was also popping out of 3rd gear at the track.
      I discovered, a gear tooth, imprint on third gear, about the size of a starter motor tooth.
      So this was the maiden voyage after getting a spare tranny undercut at Pearson.
      Then I installed new shift forks, rods and valves guide seals, while figuring out why the input shaft was shorter and which bearings to use.
      It shifted well and ran great, but I need another starter clutch housing, as one of the pins shot out. Also have to helicoil a few bolt holes.

GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Wheatland County (east of Calgary)

Sounds like ya spent a good part of the summer in the garage Carter.
        Nothing like a Fire Breathing Beast to wake ya up!

Head over to Earl's for a ride out East into The Prairies for a change.
        But trying to get outa the city is nuts, traffic everywhere,,..
        I want out, the wife doesn't,,..

We give up trying to take the smaller roads, jamed, and some ain't there anymore (closed).
        So we head out on the TransCalamity Hwy east.

Just us, and the cows.

Earl brings out his SPOT transmitter, sends our currnet GPS location up to a Satellite.
        Then down and sends an email to recipiants "We're Here and Fine!" (Naa-naa)

Then back on the road southbound.
        Dang, looks like traffic up ahead, we'll be on it quick.

Now West and no one around, Ok, I can lead,,..

Time to blow some soot outa'da Pipes!
        My Lead doesn't last long,,.. not much can outrun a ZX 14,,..

My top speed was XXXkph (in keeping with current govment "morals" the actual number has been redacted to protect the guilty)
        The mountains get bigger fast, and these corners show up quick.

We do some smaller quieter roads, that have hazards,,..

That was a good "short" ride.
        Will be at the main HWY soon, better get home before rush hour traffic gets stupid.
        Last edited by Guest; 10-22-2013, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Now that was a nice trio, Washington, Alberta, and Kent!

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard View Post
            I want out, the wife doesn't,,..
            We need a plan. Maybe skiing Fernie this year instead of Kimberley might be a start.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Commune Support

The Plan, would be to ski Fernie AND Kimberley.
              I think we are planning the Invasion for the end of January.
              Actual Dates are still in Deep Negotiations.
              This winter we'll be coming with the new (used) Ford E350 6-liter turdbo;

Can support the whole Commune with that thing.
              I'm figuring to show up with The Rig for Sandy's East Kootenay World Headquarters Rally (Commemorative Collectors Sporks available on request, pickup only)
              I measured,,. the VF1000 will fit inside!
              Reminds me, to swap over to the Snow Tires and Change the Oil (12 Liters!), and Air Compress out the Trailer Water Lines,,..
              Last edited by Guest; 10-22-2013, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Sounds like ya spent a good part of the summer in the garage Carter.
                Nothing like a Fire Breathing Beast to wake ya up!

Wizard, nah, the bigger motor spent most of the summer in the garage, cases open, covered in Saran wrap. I didn't, well maybe a little more than usual. I stole my wife's engine out her bike back in June, as she doesn't ride much any more, but of course suggested one when her bike had no motor.
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Motor Mania

I got a Loud Ticking coming outa my Front Cylinders after yesterdays Sprint.
                  Hopefully just Valve Adjust.

Its a a Pain, cause I gotta drain Rad Fluid (from 5 places) and remove Lower Radiator.
                  As you can see from the Cam Pitting, it might be time for a Heart Transplant anyway.
                  Got motors layin around, in various conditions (complete and in pieces).
                  Just don't got time.
                  Hey, your photo shows your Back Tire with Clean Rubber ALL the Way Over!,,.. At'a'Boy!

Comment

Had a few good days of riding this week.
                    Its over for today.
                    What!
                    Thanks Ohio.

Comment

Ouch..........
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                        Had a few good days of riding this week.
                        Its over for today.
                        Same here.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rob (AZR) and Glenn (Eddie21) and I hit a local pub for lunch today. Weather here has been awesome for Oct. A little strange though with a lot of foggy conditions in one place and blue sky right around the corner.

Collectors all....
                          No signature

Comment

Beautiful pictures Trevor. I'm going to have to get out there to ride with you guys. I talked with Glen about riding out next summer. I think it would be awesome.
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              Beautiful pictures Trevor. I'm going to have to get out there to ride with you guys. I talked with Glen about riding out next summer. I think it would be awesome.
                              Thanks strom, if you are going to come out, keep an eye out for next years pnw rally to be held in Sandy's neighbor hood. (Cranbrook BC) I think some of the guys are talking about starting out in Victoria with us.
                              No signature

Comment

I was going to visit my parents in San Jose and took the long way home. I managed to string about 80 miles of awesome back roads together to get me there. Wildcat canyon, Grizzly Peak, Skyline Rd, Redwood Rd and Palomares Rd. I slabbed it the last 15 miles, it was getting a little late to take the last of it through the mountains.

No pics off the bike but here are a few screen shots from the gopro.

Comment

Working...
                                X