No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took this out for my ride today....the mini Harley cruiser. Smoother, handles better, gets a lot better MPG and costs 1/30th of the real thing. Actually it's for my daughter to learn to ride on but a cool bike for me to tool around the countryside to see the foliage, even with 2 up riding. Got it cheap after owner let it sit for 3 years. Pulled the carbs apart, change the oil, put air in the tires, new battery, check a few other things and now she runs like a top. 2005 Aquila 250 v-twin will hit 80mph faster than some 500cc bikes.

Oh, in case you're wondering if I let her use it...her 1st lesson 2 days ago.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-16-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Did you go for a ride today?

No... no I did not. Please stop rubbing it in.

Comment

Azr and I went out to a local bike night and I snapped this pic of his awesome 1000.
        No signature

Comment

approx 150kms (sent odometer over 73,000km (46,000 miles))

Last edited by Guest; 10-17-2013, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
            approx 150kms (sent odometer over 73,000km (46,000 miles))

Great shots. This one could have been in the Katana brochure.....

Comment

Great photos and a beautiful looking Kat! I love seeing well looked after higher mile bikes. Well done! That sunset pic is calendar material.
              No signature

Comment

Not much of a pic.
                Hairdo by helmet.
                Went to Daytona yesterday, first day of Biketoberfest.
                Nice ride out, perfect weather. Went with my Harley riding buddy Jim.
                It was a sea of Harley's for sure. I did see a really nice '79 GS750E and a old Triumph 650. Looked like a moped with all those Harley baggers around. I did see what was a really nice Electra Glide in a ditch being pulled out by a wrecker, hate when I see that stuff.
                People notice my GS at these rallies, it's funny when riding with my friend Jim, it's like everywhere we go, people come over to ask me about my bike, and ignore him and his Harley. And so it was when I started my bike up up at the Cabbage Patch, this guy came over and said "I bet this thing really scoots" I looked at Jim and he was shaking his head then I looked at the guy and said, "Indeed it does!"
                Really wanted to get a picture on the beach, but now you got to pay $5 to get on it, so I figured it wasn't worth it just for a picture. But this pic
                at New Smyrna you can see the beach in the background.

sigpic
                Steve
                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Been cold and rainy all week.
                  Cleared up some this afternoon.
                  Took off work a couple hours early.
                  Headed out. Heavy cloud cover, 50 degrees.
                  Had an hour and half ride.

Last edited by Redman; 10-18-2013, 08:11 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went for a ride last Saturday to see if I could find a persistant leak on the 650g. I hit one of those rare days I could ride and get rained on. It was blowing pretty good. I found the leak, the head gasket needs replacing. Maybe it's time to get that 1100g going.

cg
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Steve, its good to hear from you...I had been wondering about your wareabouts as of late...Regarding the GS love in the face of endless Harleys, I had an interesting thing happen.
                      Last month on our yearly trip with a Goldwing rider, and a Harley rider, for the first time ever, and on 3 separate occasions, I was approached by people digging the GS. It was cool

Redman, I love the picture you posted of your cycle framed by red maple leaves.
                      I also just realized that you've owned your 850 as long as ive owned my 1150....time sure does fly...
                      Last edited by dorkburger; 10-18-2013, 11:25 PM. Reason: add
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Well I tried tonight....After a family day, I attempted to get in a quick jaunt tonight....I got all ready, turned the key, and was met with a headligt barely on....Dead battery. Tried to ease the pain with some scooter laps round the neighborhood, then it began pouring rain..mid scoot..
                        Woe as me
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Steve, its good to hear from you...I had been wondering about your wareabouts as of late...Regarding the GS love in the face of endless Harleys, I had an interesting thing happen.
                          Last month on our yearly trip with a Goldwing rider, and a Harley rider, for the first time ever, and on 3 separate occasions, I was approached by people digging the GS. It was cool
                          Thanks for thinking about me, I'm still around for the time being, lost interest in the bikes for now, that's what happens when life gets in the way. I'll be making a move before the end of Feb, thinking about retiring and heading to Colombia, maybe later on next year. So, with all that up in the air, the bikes have turned into static displays as I prepare for a life less ordinary, ridden occasionally every now and then. I can honestly say I don't have a clue where I'll be 3 months from now, retired or not. But this I do know, it's all up to me. Decisions, decisions.
                          sigpic
                          Steve
                          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Steve, good luck with your future endavors and decisions. Whatever you decide, it sounds like the future is wide open, and the desision is all yours. Good luck my friend and enjoy
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Went for a ride last Saturday to see if I could find a persistant leak on the 650g. I hit one of those rare days I could ride and get rained on. It was blowing pretty good. I found the leak, the head gasket needs replacing. Maybe it's time to get that 1100g going.

cg
                              Great picture Charlie. Too bad about the head gasket. That will be a big jump 650-1100 no doubt about that.
                              Rob
                              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

North Kent Coast (UK)

Really mad that I left off the side cover.

and the green fields of England:

All only minutes from my gaff (house).

Greetings
                                Richard
                                sigpic
                                GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                                GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                                GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                                GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                                Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                                Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Working...
                                X