No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do believe today is the first day of winter, or close to it. But so what? Don't really know what's happening in the rest of the country, don't really need to. All I know is it's in the mid 80's here, so I donned my short sleeve shirt and went for a ride, yeah I know there's chores to do, like my grass needs cut, I was hoping to avoid that after October, but... it is what it is,
    Florida. Seems like everytime I go for a ride something unusual happens, and so was the case this time. I'm at an intersection at a red light, and across from me was another bike going in the opposite direction, when the light changed I looked to see what type of bike it was. Can you believe it? another GS1100E, painted purple with a 4 in 1 header on it. But he wasn't interested in talking, just buzzed off, so I went my own way also.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Had a lot of rain and storms here yesterday. So I went for a ride to check out the damage. Lots of tree parts and gravel on the roads. I actual had to ride through a section of flooded road about 20ft long. Water was up to the axels at one point. Got a few pics of the swollen green river and a pic of a nice twisty road I like to ride.

There is actually a dam in this picture but it's under water.

This is below the dam. You can see the strong currents of the flood waters in this pic. The green river can be nasty. I've lost family members to its under currents.
      Last edited by Guest; 12-23-2013, 03:47 AM.

Comment

I took a quick trip to Rabbit Hash on Sunday, Dec 22. Wanted to run out some of the gas that was a couple of weeks old and then fill up and add Stabil to it in case the weather doesn't allow for another ride in a while. There were several bikes out. Temp was nearly sixty early in the day and dropped throughout the afternoon. Probably lower 50's when I was riding. Some debris on the road due to heavy rains and winds on Saturday as noted by Rolo. Came to a stop sign and saw a couple bikes pulled off the road and so I came along side them and shut the bile off. A HArley and a ZRX. I stopped because I wanted to look at the ZRX. They wanted to look at my Z1. Went on to Rabbit Hash and saw a couple of American V-twins parked in front of the old General Store. I waved and kept going. Returned home after filling up and gave her a good bath. Put the battery on the tender. She'll be set to go when we get a good break from the weather again. Wife's getting me some cold weather gear for Christmas so anything above 35 degrees F and I'll be ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by GS_Dave View Post
          Since there is no location listed in the upper right-hand corner I can only assume you are riding on the wrong side of the road

I like the view, though, perhaps somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere?

Comment

Dave's over here in Oz with me

That pic is a bit of a stir... it's his commute to work whereas most of us have our commutes filled with traffic...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

X-Mas north hemisphere

Just returned from a short hop (one Parkway & four Expressways) around Queens County, New York City.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland5color View Post
                ................... Got a few pics of the swollen green river and a pic of a nice twisty road I like to ride.
                ... and where your bike is doesn't look like a parking lot either.

I like your pics of the road with parts of bike included.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  ... and where your bike is doesn't look like a parking lot either.

I like your pics of the road with parts of bike included.

Thanks redman. Definitely not a parking lot. It's just off a gravel road that usually takes you to the boat dock but in this picture the boat dock and road are under a good 6-8 ft of water. Usually the rocks I'm parked on extend out at least another twenty ft into the river. It was a little tricky getting to the spot for the photo 😜
                  As for the pic of the road I have seen this view several times while riding this amazing road thinking that it would be a good picture. I finally was able to stop enjoying the curves long enough to take the photo. I wanted to change up the this is my bike in front of something photo. So I thought the gauges in the pic would look good.
                  The road itself is incredible. It has every kind of curve you can think of with several elevation changes along the way. Nothing like the feeling of a long up hill sweeper that apexes at the top off the hill then transitions into down hill switch backs just before a long straight along the river before throwing you into an off camber hairpin. Plus most of the road has just been redone. There's not one rough patch in the 6 mile road. The day of the photo though I had to watch for gravel and tree limbs because of the storms.
                  I'm so glad to be living in KY again. The good roads in IL were few and far between. In KY I have my pick of amazing roads with in a few miles in any direction from where I live. Well that was a long winded reply. Sorry couldn't help myself carry on.

Comment

Went for a Christmas Day ride yesterday... snapped this pic along a country road where someone had hung a bunch of large ornaments from the trees on their property. Loved it!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Great to live in Victoria eh Dave??
                      Glenn and I got out for a little jaunt on the old girls today too...What a day! Great to live in Canada!! Even better to live in Canada and be able to ride all year!!
                      Last edited by trevor; 12-26-2013, 08:43 PM.
                      No signature

Comment

After the ride, my son and I went golfing at our local par 3. What a nice way to spend a day. Life is good!

And that's the Pacific off in the distance

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Great to live in Victoria eh Dave??
                          Glenn and I got out for a little jaunt on the old girls today too...What a day! Great to live in Canada!! Even better to live in Canada and be able to ride all year!!
                          ^ This ^

I wanted to go out on one of the bikes today but ended up babysitting so my wife could go shopping... some people's priorities are just whacked. Need to get that sidecar rig I keep talking about so I can bring the baby with me!
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Got a fix today

Took my new-to-me '83 GS450GA for it's first serious ride today. It was around 42-43 degrees here in SE Michigan, so I rolled the bike out my front door, hooked up my gas tank, and off I went. The bike ran great, I was able to scrub in my brand new Shinkos a little, and I sure enjoyed riding in the sunshine for the first time in a couple of months.

I was on my way home, and was about two miles from the house when I got stopped at a redlight. Light turned green and I went to take off, and the bike died. You know I thought that gas tank felt awful light as I was carrying it from the garage to the front porch, when I went to mount it on the bike....

Two miles is a long damn way to push a motorcycle, but I guess I could always use some exercise

Got home, changed the oil, filled the tank up, and went back out for another few minutes. Came home, removed the tank, rinsed the bike off, dried it, and pulled it back into the living room until the next nice day. Still have a few minor things to do on it before Spring.

Comment

This was from yesterday when Rob and I got out for a little spin.

And today my wife and I rode into Victoria for lunch. She is a trooper as it was pretty chilly today. Althought saw a good dozen bikes out today.
                              We had lunch at out beautiful Harbour...not my boat.

No signature

Comment

I have to go to BC to die. I doubt I could afford it though.

Do you guys ever get black ice?

Comment

Working...
                                X