anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
    I have to go to BC to die. I doubt I could afford it though.

Do you guys ever get black ice?

We are very lucky to live here JR. And yes we do pay for the pleasure.

As far as black ice goes...it does happen but not very often as it rarely gets to 0 degrees here. Our average temp is around 6 to 10 in the winter.
    Last edited by trevor; 12-29-2013, 10:43 PM.
    No signature

Comment

Trevor, there's nearly 9500 posts at gixxer.com for "anyone get out for a ride". Maybe u already noticed that.
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

That's it for 2013... +8C and drizzly but I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a New Year's Eve ride.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Trevor, keep it up and you'll sliding down a few notches on my favourites list.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

First ride of 2014 about eleven hours ago. Little chilly...but nice.

Comment

Did a 100 mile loop to kick off the new year with some PNW Riders forum guys n gals.
              Also got 45 + mpg on the 1229. We were touring though.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Took a small jaunt to Ojai. Walked around and got some coffee. It got dark on the way home with sunglasses on.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

New Years Day Ride

The morning started off a bit brisk at 29 degrees for me when I left the house for the garage. After putting the tank back on, I checked the battery and found it had dropped to 11.6v. This was due to my own forgetfulness to plug the battery in last night but I quickly threw it on the charger. After I recharged the battery a bit, I decided to see if the bike would start (I figured I'd let it finish recharging that way) and primed the carbs discovering fuel flowing everywhere. I'm not sure how I did it but I must have pulled the fuel line from the carbs recently. Once I fixed it, the bike started right up and off I went to ride with Steve and his family to a Goldwing get-together at a Quaker Steak and Lube in Colerain. As Steve unfortunately found a nail in the tire on his 'Wing, only his son Brad and I were able to ride.

My upper body stayed quite warm on the 70mph ride down the interstate but I'll have to buy the new riding pants I want with a liner before my next cold ride. The time at the restaurant was good and it's surprising to see so many riders there. The scenery is a motorcyclists and automotive hobbyist's dream; I'll be going back to show the eldest as she loved the pictures I had.

Speaking of pictures:

The ride back was a bit warmer (~40ish) and not as fast as we took some of the back roads. I do need to check out the rear wheel as we heard an occasional squeal from that area but nothing seemed amiss.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                    Trevor, keep it up and you'll sliding down a few notches on my favourites list.
                    Lol...Come on Sandy, you are welcome here anytime my friend!
                    No signature

Comment

Well after watching the movie "Why We Ride" last night it inspired me to get out with my son for some quality dirt time!
                      The temp was nice in Victoria around 11 (52) but up on the Malahat where we go riding it was probably around 5.
                      Very Foggy at the very top. Great day. Love riding with my boy!

No signature

Comment

it was a frosty 70*f (21*c) here today!
                        took a nice little ride to and around Palo Pinto. ended up with just shy of 200 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy View Post
                          it was a frosty 70*f (21*c) here today!
                          took a nice little ride to and around Palo Pinto. ended up with just shy of 200 miles.
                          Hey, Leon shows up after 2 and a half years !

Hi Leon, Welcome.

Did your ride today involve any pie?

Looks like the phone booth (might have to explain that to some folks these days) got your attention this time, instead of the big courthouse in town square.
                          Phone booth looks British.

Did ya join up with the Harleys across the street?

I think I recognize the horn(s).
                          What can you say about the aux lights?

Do tell us of your adventures.

Dave

PS: Our temperature here today had a "7" in it also.
                          17 degF.
                          Last edited by Redman; 01-02-2014, 10:12 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Hey, Leon shows up after 2 and a half years !

Hi Leon, Welcome.

Did your ride today involve any pie?

Looks like the phone booth (might have to explain that to some folks these days) got your attention this time, instead of the big courthouse in town square.
                            Phone booth looks British.

Did ya join up with the Harleys across the street?

I think I recognize the horn(s).
                            What can you say about the aux lights?

Do tell us of your adventures.

Dave

PS: Our temperature here today had a "7" in it also.
                            17 degF.
                            2-1/2 years? I pop in from time to time to see that the same trouble makers are still making trouble.

I "had" a tasty peanut butter pie in the fridge for when I got home.

the phone booth has been there for many years, how it got there, I don't know.
                            I do know it is a genuine English phone booth and it does have a pay phone in it but I don't know if it works. I have a picture or two of it from other rides up there but didn't have one with a bike in the picture.

I did pop in across the street for a genuine pure cane sugar dr pepper and a snickers before heading back south.

dual tone wolo horns, makes people thing a chevy pick up is about to plow them!

technically there are five aux lights visible in that picture!
                            the ones on the fork legs are 10 watt luxeon LED's that are wired to come on with high beam headlight or a manual switch on the left handle bar.
                            I run with them on during daylight to provide a triangle of light.
                            test have shown that a triangle of light gets the attention of car drivers who mistake a single light for being another car farther off.
                            a triangle of light does greatly reduce cases of cars turning in front of motorcyclist.
                            they also help set the road on fire when the high beam is on at night.

the front turn signals on the ZRX have running lights in them and I switched to the clear lens so I could use "switch back" LED bulbs.
                            when in normal marker, or running light, they are a very bright white light that switch to a very bright amber light when the turn signals are used.

just visible in that picture is a admore lighting mini light bar mounted to the rear rack. it adds aux tail and brake light and sequential amber turn signal function.

Comment

It was about 40 here today, 26 this morning, rain for the next several days. Took a short loop.

Comment

hi trevor....your son is quite pretty....
                                then you must be handsome too back then in 80's....

Comment

Working...
                                X