No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bike decided that heat wasn't its thing at Lowes. I went home.

Comment

Spotted these clean & original GSs at Senaca Rocks in WV on Sunday. Nice bikes.

Beautiful area to ride. I did Blackwater Falls, Senaca Rocks, Spruce Knob & Dolly Sods.

1,000 mile weekend.

Comment

I had a awesome weekend. I'm glad to be back to work to relax (not really) I got up early Saturday morning, I was on the road by 7:00am. I headed to Columbus to meet up with my brother. He borrowed his son's Yamaha V Star for the ride to Xenia, Ohio to Williams Vintage Cycle. I had a great time at the show. I met some fine people and looked at some fine motorcycles. I was so happy for my motorcycle winning best 80's unrestored Japanese Motorcycle.(see pictures and story in Williams Vintage Cycle thread) After the show we rode to visit my other brother. I then departed my brothers to head for home. I got to the outskirts of Columbus and decided to get a room for the night. After freshening up I went out for a ride to get something to eat. I came across National Trail Drag strip, and they were running so I stopped in to check out some racing. I stopped by the motorcycle pits, I ran into a old drag racing buddy from the IDBA days Bruce Sauer The guys really liked my old Suzuki. Sunday, I had a nice ride home taking only two lane roads home.Monday, I just went for a little ride to the Ohio River and back. Total miles for the weekend was 700. The bike ran great, I got some sun, and glad to be back at work...
        Last edited by storm 64; 05-27-2014, 01:56 PM.
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
          Wallow,

Nice shots. Your windscreen looks taller or aftermarket. Only asking because the cafe guy's comment. No black trim on screen or what do I know about stock, all my bikes have been ratty sad examples.
          Yep. Screen is aftermarket, the stock one is on the shelf in my garage. It's a light smoke version I picked up last trip back to England, paid about 40 quid for it I think. Even though it's a little taller, it's narrower too so the black trim is too long to fit on it.

I quite like it though...

EDIT: The comment from the cafe guy was based on his interest on the suspension with anti-dives and how that all worked, the engine and particularly the exhaust being stock. Guess he missed the screen
          Last edited by Wallowgreen; 05-27-2014, 03:14 PM.
          It's smoke that make electronic components work.
          Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
          '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
          '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
          '82 GS1000SZ
          '82 GS1100GL
          '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            I had a awesome weekend. I'm glad to be back to work to relax (not really) I got up early Saturday morning, I was on the road by 7:00am. I headed to Columbus to meet up with my brother. He borrowed his son's Yamaha V Star for the ride to Xenia, Ohio to Williams Vintage Cycle. I had a great time at the show. I met some fine people and looked at some fine motorcycles. I was so happy for my motorcycle winning best 80's unrestored Japanese Motorcycle.(see pictures and story in Williams Vintage Cycle thread) After the show we rode to visit my other brother. I then departed my brothers to head for home. I got to the outskirts of Columbus and decided to get a room for the night. After freshening up I went out for a ride to get something to eat. I came across National Trail Drag strip, and they were running so I stopped in to check out some racing. I stopped by the motorcycle pits, I ran into a old drag racing buddy from the IDBA days Bruce Sawyer. The guys really liked my old Suzuki. Sunday, I had a nice ride home taking only two lane roads home.Monday, I just went for a little ride to the Ohio River and back. Total miles for the weekend was 700. The bike ran great, I got some sun, and glad to be back at work...

My friend Tom Whiteman was racing there this weekend. He made it to the final round both days. He just turned 70....He never rode a motorcycle until he was 65! Bruce Sauer builds his engines for him.

Iron Pony has a Vintage Japanese bike show every year. It is always the Saturday after Fathers Day (this year June 21st). You might want to come by and check it out, it is always a great time. Usually 150 bikes in the show & another 100 just to spectate.

Comment

Was able to get out this weekend once I finished off a few things around the house. Have now put over 500 miles on the GS since I've gotten it running, so still fairly new to this bike... but I love it!!

Comment

I noticed I started this post 2600 post ago...I went looking back at the first one back in December 2011. In it I talk about meeting Glenn (Eddie21) and going for a ride. Then a couple of post later meeting Rob (AZR). I now consider these two guys as very close friends.
                We have been on lots of rides together including many over night trips too. Heck Glenn and I just got back from a 9 day 6400km trip that included visiting 7 States. A couple of years ago we even went to a Transgender convention. Funny story.
                Rob has helped me a million times keeping my GS bikes on the road.
                In the winter we get together for regular Friday lunches.
                All this thanks to GSR.
                Ok back to pics....went out for a little spin after dinner...

No signature

Comment

Yes, this is a cool thread....and cool how you met Glenn and Rob.
                  By the way, did I see an old pic of your 1150 in this spot?
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Yes, this is a cool thread....and cool how you met Glenn and Rob.
                    By the way, did I see an old pic of your 1150 in this spot?
                    Thanks db...yeah I'm sure there are pics of it and the 88 slingshot I owned for a while. Funny this thread was started only 3 montha after me buying the 750...the first bike I have owned in over 25 years. It upsets me to think of all those riding years I missed out on but given the state of mind I was in for a lot of those years it's probably a good thing that I didn't have two wheels.
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      I noticed I started this post 2600 post ago...I went looking back at the first one back in December 2011. In it I talk about meeting Glenn (Eddie21) and going for a ride. Then a couple of post later meeting Rob (AZR). I now consider these two guys as very close friends.
                      We have been on lots of rides together including many over night trips too. Heck Glenn and I just got back from a 9 day 6400km trip that included visiting 7 States. A couple of years ago we even went to a Transgender convention. Funny story.
                      Rob has helped me a million times keeping my GS bikes on the road.
                      In the winter we get together for regular Friday lunches.
                      All this thanks to GSR.
                      Ok back to pics....went out for a little spin after dinner...

Ok - gotta ask dumb question.

I go for rides nearly EVERY day! But I can't for the life of me figure out how to post these full-size pics to the thread.

So, please help

Thanks,

Newbie...

Comment

A74R1, is that a GT seat on your little hot rod?
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Hooptie View Post
                          My bike decided that heat wasn't its thing at Lowes. I went home.
                          Hooptie,

What do you mean? Overheated?

Comment

Originally posted by A-train View Post
                            Ok - gotta ask dumb question.

I go for rides nearly EVERY day! But I can't for the life of me figure out how to post these full-size pics to the thread.

So, please help

Thanks,

Newbie...
                            Oh man...I'm as computer challenged as they come. I feel your pain.
                            I use photobucket. I download them to pb and then "right" click on the photo then click on "copy" then go to the site to post the pick by hitting "ctrl/v"
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              Oh man...I'm as computer challenged as they come. I feel your pain.
                              I use photobucket. I download them to pb and then "right" click on the photo then click on "copy" then go to the site to post the pick by hitting "ctrl/v"
                              Thx Trevor

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                                A74R1, is that a GT seat on your little hot rod?
                                You've got it! Good eye. It's from a 1973 Suzuki GT185, which I think is perfect how it carries the chrome around to the back and has a fairly slim profile for the look I was going after. Oh and you can't go wrong with the Suzuki type on the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X