Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
    And now a Triumph!

Don't worry Rob, it's my wife's bike... I just took it out for some Drive Angry-style riding this evening as it's been collecting cobwebs since her last ride on it in July.
    I want one of those!
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
      I want one of those!
      Indulge your desires!

I'm a Suzuki guy and often cast a cold eye towards her STR thinking that a new GSX-S750 would be a better fit in my, er, our garage but then I ride the Trumpet and it's pure magic. I don't know how Hinckley did it but this is one of the best bikes, one of the most fun bikes, that I have ever ridden.

Don't tell anyone I said that.
      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

TO THE GS!! HURRY!
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          TO THE GS!! HURRY!
          Yah, ha ha

I was thinking someone could make up a caption for that photo.

Last edited by Redman; 09-07-2015, 07:52 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Just as I got back to the shop from a ride in the Gila, my obometer did this. 100_1427.jpg
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
              Just as I got back to the shop from a ride in the Gila, my obometer did this. [ATTACH=CONFIG]41891[/ATTACH]
              Hey, does the odometer only go up to 85 like the speedo??? Lol
              No signature

Comment

I had hoped to get a ride in on the bike today but settled for Saturday's ride to Charmayne's first marching band competition of the season as the only one for the weekend.

I did get 80 miles in the car with her driving though along the back roads of western Ohio . She's getting a lot better at it too
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Morning ride, north thru Muskegon, swung by the beach, somewhat like Saturday,

Not many people at the beach.

Had a late breakfast early lunch. Seems that is where all the people were.

Went for a bit of a ride.

And then stopped back in Muskegon for some of my new found hobby: Disc Golf.
                  Something else to do instead of other things I should be doing.

A park in Muskegon. Can see one of the baskets.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

My wife and I went for a ride out in the hills, hit some gravel roads, had to hose them off
                    Attached Files
                    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Morning ride, north thru Muskegon, swung by the beach, somewhat like Saturday,

Not many people at the beach.
                      Had a late breakfast early lunch. Seems that is where all the people were.
                      Looks good to me!
                      Right, here in New Buffalo, there was a solid line of cars from US12 down to the beach park, (about 6 blocks). ??????
                      That seems to be the day tripper thing: Drive or ride to New Buffalo, spend a half hour clogging up the 6 blocks to the lake.
                      Me, I was grabbed by a friend and spent the best part of the day sorting out the electrical system in her house and garage.
                      Only got a short ride Sunday morning.
                      Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 09-08-2015, 07:29 AM.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Hey, does the odometer only go up to 85 like the speedo??? Lol
                        Guess I'll have to find out huh.
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

180 mile jaunt around the neighborhood this afternoon; the beginning and ending of the ride was nice but the middle left me wishing the map had been a bit more accurate. I did manage to find this wonderful picturesque scene of Stillwater river

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

The weather is starting to turn on us here, and I'm heading out of town at the end of the month so enjoyed some of the last 80 degree weekend weather likely this summer:

Comment

That's a neat lookin' 450 you got there, I like it! Good to see you kept a fork brace on the front there too.
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                                That's a neat lookin' 450 you got there, I like it! Good to see you kept a fork brace on the front there too.
                                Thanks Pete, yours has always been a bit of inspiration for me. Yes, I've sacrificed quite a bit of practicality in the name of fashion, but I try to keep some modicum of safety and definitely wasn't interested in going full on wet noodle for the front end.

Comment

Working...
                                X