• Show
Clear All

Trevor,

This is a good thing

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
      Trevor,

This is a good thing

cg
      You are right Charlie...thanks.

We are planning a two or three day trip together in the next few weeks.
      That will be a blast!
      Maybe next year gp some where for a whole week.
      No signature

Comment

Brave man going back to Chemainus!
        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
          Brave man going back to Chemainus!
          Lol...had to address the demon right away!
          No signature

Comment

You ever have a real crappy day at work? I had one today.
            Came home and had a nap and then went out for a late ride. Went picked up a classic racing mag too. I feel a little better now.

No signature

Comment

Beautiful pict Trevor.

Comment

A little late to post but I took a ride I'd like to share with y'all lol. Fathers Day the fiance and I rode through the Franconia notch here in northern NH and she got some pics where the man on the mountain used to be etc.

This one appeals to the UFO geek in me. We stopped at the area where the original alien abduction encounter started all those years ago. The sign behind the bike reads "Close encounters of the third kind. Betty and Barney Hill. Sept 19, 1961
                Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2014, 09:21 PM.

Comment

BMW bikenight....

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    We are planning a two or three day trip together in the next few weeks.
                    That will be a blast!
                    Maybe next year gp some where for a whole week.
                    Lucky kid! Lucky dad, too!

(Your son has nicer looking gear than I do...)
                    and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                    __________________________________________________ ______________________
                    2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                      Lucky kid! Lucky dad, too!

(Your son has nicer looking gear than I do...)
                      Thanks RB...you are right I'm very lucky.

He comes to every Wed bike night with me and actually looks forward to it too. I'm the only one there that brings their kid and I like being that guy.
                      No signature

Comment

I rode this today:

Sorry, no GS content but my underpants almost had some new content after the ride was over!
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

i get a call about 5 today, a friend had tickets to see george thorogood in downtown buffalo. at 7. obviously this is a job for the hotrod skunk.

i got to park with all the immaculate harlster portleys right next to the entrance gate. one guy took off and rode over a curb, with his olady on the back. very loud scrapey noises and sparks.

of course the skunk didnt let me down, it went on reserve right when i fired it up to leave. cough, cough.....

no bike pics but here are a couple shots of the show:

quote: get a haircut and get a real job

this is rock and roll not sit and watch....end quote

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                          82 gs1100L probably the next project
                          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I'm on a four day weekend so I got a ride in on Friday and yesterday

Friday was just by myself but pretty much perfect weather despite being a touch chilly.

Did some fun local roads up to Mt Mee where I did my favourite set of curves a couple of times, then headed back to pick up some new gloves to keep my fingers a little warmer. The vented ones are great in summer but just a touch too chilly in the breeze at speed in winter!

Then yesterday I joined the Kat boys for their usual Saturday morning jaunt where we headed to a motorcycle only swap meet at Samford (nothing amazing).

Then up Mt Mee to the Pitstop Cafe as usual for brekky and while it was a little warmer than yesterday, it was a bit cloudy so we didn't have the usual awesome views from up there.

All up both days was about 360km or so and all on two cylinders with no oil leaks that I can see... things are looking up!
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Finally made it out for the first real ride of the season, myself and 4 long time riding mates. Left the house at 8 am on the ES, beautiful, warm sunny summer day. Met up at 9 at a convenient coffee shop, and back on the road at 9:30.

Rode out about 75 miles to connect to a short stretch of secondary road that hugs, and crosses back and forth across this river about 10 times in 20 miles. That's route 112 heading north from Rt 2 in MA to Rt 100 in VT. Stayed on 100N up past Mt Snow where the temps were refreshingly cool, connecting at Rt 30 in Jamaica (VT) then Rt 30 south east into Brattleboro, then 119 east back home. Almost stopped to say hi to Harry in Hinsdale (as we normally do), but it was getting late....Did notice a Suzi on a trailer so I assume you're still there....

Got back to the local pub at 6 pm for a well deserved cold beverage and a bite to eat. After a bit of socializing and quenching our thirst, finally got back home at 9pm. All told, three states and about 300 miles. Beautiful day, great ride, great scenery, great friends - does it get any better? I'll post a few pics soon. Needless to say, the ES ran like a champ.
                              Scott
                              1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
                              1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
                              1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
                              2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
                              sigpic

Comment

Summer came back with a vengeance the last few days and this next week. Friday was 103, yesterday 104, today 104, tomorrow 105, won't get back down into the 90's until next Friday they are saying. Oh yeah the humidity and dew points are like in the very low double to the single digits. So, it's dry heat lol. The only decent time to ride is early morning and at nite. And with my vision problems, no nite riding on purpose. It's been just as hot as Phx and we are at 4,000 ft here!
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X