No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out for a long over due ride on my 750 tonight...beautiful night on the Pacific!!

No signature

Comment

Got out for a ride with a couple of guys from a different forum yesterday, must've been odd seeing an old GS450 leading a new BMW S1000 and GSXR 1000 around the place

It was a beautiful sunny winter's day and wasn't too chilly until we got some wind up on top of Mt Mee.

This old Ferrari was in the Pitstop Cafe car park and we ended up following it in to Dayboro and he wasn't afraid of corners... nice to not be held up by a four wheeler for a change!

And I got around 3 hours of footage out of my new GoPro before the battery went flat, so I'll do some editing and upload some at some point this week hopefully.
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

About 200km's south of Pete.

Comment

The family and I toured some covered bridges today (more photos/details in my Ohio's Covered Bridges thread).

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Sitting in the family room watching some TV about 11:30 my wife , annsdogs, comes down after sleeping in today (she works 3rd shift ) it's her second day into a 4 day weekend and says we going riding or what? So I said ok where to? Got a vague reply about going to check flooding on Mississippi. We are in South central WI so I agree but don't want to ride the state Hwys. We leave about an hour later and ride secondairy roads for about 165 mles, cross the Mississippi at Lancing,IA.

We then ride down the IA side, stopping at Effigy Mounds National Monument for an hour break. [URL="http://www.nps.gov/efmo/index.htm[/URL]

We then crossed the river at Prairie du Chien, WI and took an indirect route home. All told was 316 miles of spur the moment riding. For those who don't know Annsdogs rides her own, a 2004 Suzuki VZ800 Marauder.
            Last edited by Guest; 07-08-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Went up Island with my wife for lunch today on the beemer, then came home and took the 750 for a spin...

trying the fancy options on my phone...

And ran into a nice 79 cbx today...

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post

About 200km's south of Pete.
                Nice Tim! Does this mean you got your license sorted?

We still have to catch up for that swap yet...
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Riva 180 on Sunday

She still runs, barely, LOL.

Later went to Davenport, CA on Highway 1. Just got this quick shot of where I stopped

Here is the view from the other side of the trees
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-08-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

^^Beautiful. I have yet to visit northern Cal...and I grew up in L.A. Thanks for posting!

Ed
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Had a few hours the other day, headed out to the farm area of Allegan County. Don't usually go that direction because is mostly flat and straight.

Went on a "follow front fender" ride, meaning not really any destination, turn on whatever road might look interesting.
                      And stop and walk along a creek, or sit under shade tree along side of corn field. Listen to creek flow, listen to breeze through trees. (Thanks Kjartan.) (Although didn't go into the creek.)

Found a few of these road signs that have never seen before.
                      (sometimes I turned back, other times not.)
                      Last edited by Redman; 07-10-2014, 10:02 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

1930s and 1940s Model As and Bs
                        at a guys house

Later in day
                        at a dealer
                        for compare/contrast.

Last edited by Redman; 07-10-2014, 04:48 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          1930s and 1940s Model As and Bs
                          at a guys house

Later in day
                          at a dealer
                          for compare/contrast.

Aaah the good ole days when I was a custom harvester, spent many an hour in one of those green machines. Kind a miss it. Oh yeah, your parked next to a $300,000+ piece of equipment there. Those restored As and Bs bring a pretty penny now days as well.
                          Last edited by mrbill5491; 07-10-2014, 07:07 PM.
                          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Hi, have not posted on here for quite some time, but, iv been doing a road trip from Phoenix to Monterey.

The route went
                            Phoenix, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, Page, Zion National Park, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Lompoc, Morro Bay and today im in Monterey.

Highway 1 through Big Sur was INCREDIBLE!!! OMG, i had just broken in my tires with the first 100 miles on them and man did it sit in the corners, wohoooo !!

And luck would have it The World Superbike Championship is in town this weekend, maybe ill run the qualifyer haha!!!

Also there is a big bikeshow thing in town too,

So, as for pictures.... hmmm, maybe later.

Comment

So I'm guessing you REALLY like your SV.
                              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by worldin View Post
                                Hi, have not posted on here for quite some time, but, iv been doing a road trip from Phoenix to Monterey.

The route went
                                Phoenix, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, Page, Zion National Park, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Lompoc, Morro Bay and today im in Monterey.

Highway 1 through Big Sur was INCREDIBLE!!! OMG, .

So, as for pictures.... hmmm, maybe later.
                                Pictures
                                Here are some
                                (maybe I should have asked first about posting your pics)

Comment

Working...
                                X