No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went for short afternoon ride. Out of town and then back to car show downtown.

Four blocks of downtown streets blocked off for the car show. And surrounding areas was hard to find parking place, but was only 3 1/2 blocks of cars in the car show ... leaving last half block open, so went around barriacades and found easy parking space and good access to the car show.

Got there at end of the show, so have a parade of cars leaving.

Last edited by Redman; 07-27-2014, 04:35 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Weekend Trip this weekend. Deals Gap, Blue Ridge Parkway, BRMC, Cherohala Skyway

Deal's Gap. Notice skid marks across yellow line. Miata group racing. Yikes!! Hate going through the Dragon but quickest way over to North Carolina from my house in TN.

Blue Ridge Parkway

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. Mountain Creek in background. Has restaurant, shower and bathroom facilities. Family owned. Many riders came by to look at the classic Suzuki.

Cherohala Skyway. Not near as busy as Blue Ridge Parkway.

Cherohala Skyway. Couldn't take good pictures from higher elevations since fog was moving in.

Comment

A little ride on the new machine. This one can roar a bit more

The usual haunts for a Sunday ride. Just a 1/2 pint for me please

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

A little ride on the new machine. This one can roar a bit more

The usual haunts for a Sunday ride. Just a 1/2 pint for me please

cg
          The bike looks awesome Charlie...and even better news that you will be a go for Sept 6th!
          No signature

Comment

http://

and about 6 months ago.....

http://
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Oh God, you thought that he was a monster on the 650, I am glad that I supped up Suzie Q just to keep up. Nice lookin bike Charlie, you are going to love it.

V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I keep forgetting how much fun it is to bomb around on a little bike.
                Out for an hour or so on my '65 CB160 ending up at this junked, fake pirate ship.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I am in trouble.
                  It took me years to figure out how to post pics and now things have changed.
                  Any how...

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    I keep forgetting how much fun it is to bomb around on a little bike.
                    Ahhh yes! Something slower to keep you out of trouble, but still pretty quick, and darn light and agile... I have a second GS750 to build, but I am obsessed with the idea of getting a GS425 or GS400 so I can put in some Wiseco 844 pistons for a 10.25:1 449cc with 1100 swingarm, better brakes, 2:1 header, kickstart only battery delete, drag bars, sticky tires... I know it would be a BLAST to ride around town and in the twisties.

Hope to have some pictures Friday or Sunday of some riding to post!
                    '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                    '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                    '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                    '79 GS425stock
                    PROJECTS:
                    '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                    '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                    '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                    '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                    '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Anyone not go for a ride today? Lol.

We got an 80% chance of rain tomorrow, and I'm contemplating it...

Comment

Yup no ride today..oh wait I'm at work lol....but on Sat got a benefit run and another later that evening at a dealership.

I'm hoping I can get to do this ride. About 40 bikes showed up for the first one last year, they are expecting close to 70 for this year's ride. And yes I was in 4-H eons ago lol.

http://ridefortheclover.nmsu.edu/

Last edited by mrbill5491; 07-31-2014, 06:22 PM.
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Heading up to Prescott on the bike for a weekend in cooler weather. Rain is predicted for the afternoons, but that's no biggie.
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                            Heading up to Prescott on the bike for a weekend in cooler weather. Rain is predicted for the afternoons, but that's no biggie.
                            I would say go by my former GF's place and take her for a ride, she likes motorcycles, she even took all her gear with her lol. She would flip out lol.

Oops I lied, she forgot to take her helmet, I still have it yet.
                            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

My daugther's friend insisted I take his bike out for a run yesterday, so I did....Aprillia Mille sport bike. Nice bike, v-twin with lots of torque and Ducati sounding rotax engine. But not my style with the hbars and seating postion. Getting too old with wrists and neck not what they used to be. I guess my jacket and gloves don't match the bike either.

Last edited by Guest; 08-03-2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Despite the age and wardrobe malfunction, there seems to be a giant smile behind that helmet.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X