No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went for a run out with the bike club on old red 77 GS750, still a bit cold here but we had a good run. Over Alston and over the hills around Stanhope, still a bit snow lying in places, no pics we never stopped. Had a coffee at Talkin Tarn café next to the lake.
    My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Took the Tiller out for its inaugural ride today...

... still needs tires... and front brake pads... and bar end weights... and a solo cowl... and plates... and insurance... but otherwise it's good to go!

Shoved the off-brands out into the driveway when I got home and prayed to my Suzuki Shrine.
      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Did a test ride on a Cam Am Sypder Sat. Interesting ride there...could grow on me lol.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Went for a ride to the bike shop. I'm just not enough of a mechanic to get it to stop leaking. I can't park it at work dripping like that. I'm going to have a pro clean the bike up for me so I can spend more time riding it and less time wrenching it. I get compliments on it every time I ride so obviously it needs to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
            Did a test ride on a Cam Am Sypder Sat. Interesting ride there...could grow on me lol.
            I have a co-worker with one. I tease him about his tricycle.

Comment

Love Durham
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Didn't get much riding in this weekend. 4 days off sure was nice and despite the original forecast it was beautiful all weekend, hitting 70 degrees today.
                Got a lot of stuff done around the house. Got out on the beemer yesterday and today my neighbor Brian and I went to the pub for one late in the afternoon.
                Took the 750 and it turned over 57,000kms today...which means I have officially put more kms on it than the original owner (one owner)...it took him 31 years what took me 3.5 years. I love riding my 750! Also had to do some chain maintenance....man new chains are nice.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Didn't get much riding in this weekend. 4 days off sure was nice and despite the original forecast it was beautiful all weekend, hitting 70 degrees today.
                  Got a lot of stuff done around the house. Got out on the beemer yesterday and today my neighbor Brian and I went to the pub for one late in the afternoon.
                  Took the 750 and it turned over 57,000kms today...which means I have officially put more kms on it than the original owner (one owner)...it took him 31 years what took me 3.5 years. I love riding my 750! Also had to do some chain maintenance....man new chains are nice.

That lower picture makes me want to go out an clean my bike--and I just cleaned it!
                  sigpic
                  1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                  1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                  1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                  On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                  All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by glib View Post
                    That lower picture makes me want to go out an clean my bike--and I just cleaned it!
                    Yeah Trevors bikes look like they just rolled out of the museum... I just get mine dirty and let them stay that way... LOL
                    Here this will make you feel better Glib

My Dirty little girl
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                      Yeah Trevors bikes look like they just rolled out of the museum... I just get mine dirty and let them stay that way... LOL
                      Here this will make you feel better Glib

My Dirty little girl
                      HAHA. Now I want to clean YOUR bike!

A couple weeks ago my neighbors dad gave him a 98 Harley Sportster 1200. It had a case of carport patina. After a few days seeing it out on his porch I asked if he was going get a cover for it. He said he had a real nice one but was just not motivated to put it on. After another week looking at it sit there, I offered to clean it if he would promise to cover it. He said he'd pay me but I just couldn't look at it like that so I didn't charge him. It came out so nice he was floored. Most of the chrome looks amazing--unrecognizable. So it's covered now and I'm happy.
                      sigpic
                      1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                      1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                      1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                      On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                      All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by glib View Post
                        HAHA. Now I want to clean YOUR bike!

A couple weeks ago my neighbors dad gave him a 98 Harley Sportster 1200. It had a case of carport patina. After a few days seeing it out on his porch I asked if he was going get a cover for it. He said he had a real nice one but was just not motivated to put it on. After another week looking at it sit there, I offered to clean it if he would promise to cover it. He said he'd pay me but I just couldn't look at it like that so I didn't charge him. It came out so nice he was floored. Most of the chrome looks amazing--unrecognizable. So it's covered now and I'm happy.
                        That's it, I'm parking in Stockton every so often.

Comment

Originally posted by GSCafe View Post
                          I have a co-worker with one. I tease him about his tricycle.
                          Believe me it is anything but a tricycle, I was riding the RT touring model, had just about everything on it. Sumbitch would get up and move. Was surprised how quickly it would accelerate. I was surprised with it, it was just the steering that was odd. Nothing like a motorcycle.
                          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

No argument on the engines they put in the Can Am Spyder. It is a cool vehicle. I'm just not above some good natured ribbing.

Comment

Originally posted by GSCafe View Post
                              No argument on the engines they put in the Can Am Spyder. It is a cool vehicle. I'm just not above some good natured ribbing.
                              Same here lol. We had a bunch of Sypders on group ride once, before we left, I just stood there shaking my head and told, damn all these sypders around and me with out my Raid LMAO
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                                Believe me it is anything but a tricycle, I was riding the RT touring model, had just about everything on it. Sumbitch would get up and move. Was surprised how quickly it would accelerate. I was surprised with it, it was just the steering that was odd. Nothing like a motorcycle.
                                Mrbill...anything made today seems way faster than our old gs bikes. But it is a tricycle because of the way it turns. No thanks...I'll just buy a Miata. lol
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X