anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
    They kinda look like goats but they actually are sheep.
    Glen, hope you like your new digs. I still have nightmares from spending time in the pub there when I was in my 20's.
    So true about the goat/sheep thing, to be honest I had to look it up just to make sure!

I'm guessing you meant the Underwood Hotel in Chase. It has been renovated into more of a restaurant place now. I have the same type of nightmares from an experience at a pub in Alert Bay... glad to be alive! Really didn't want to come back to Victoria after this last trip, but have to ready the Victoria house for sale...
    IBA# 12860
    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
    1984 KZ1100R
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

I took a short ride to pick up Charmayne from marching band practice tonight (she took her riding gear with her earlier this evening). They are sounding pretty good knowing they've only been practicing for about 3 weeks now; their first football game performance is in two weeks as is their first competition (their show is called Into the Dark Forest, a loose adaptation from the new movie Malificient).

a panorama of the entire band:

And of Char's flute section (she's in the orange hat)

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I went for a little 226 mile ride today. Nothing but fires!

Big Foot trying to escape the smoke.

Downtown Happy Camp at 2:00 in the afternoon.

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

that's crazy Charlie, I was showing that to Lisa, she remembers that bombing town. I feel sorry for all you people having to breathe that stuff.
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Rob is right Charlie..that is crazy sh*t!! Don't worry buddy nice clean air to breath in Victoria when you get here. Not sure if I can say that when we leave the Island though as we are having our fair share of fires too.
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
              I went for a little 226 mile ride today. Nothing but fires!
              Big Foot trying to escape the smoke.
              Downtown Happy Camp at 2:00 in the afternoon.
              cg
              wheeze

wheeze

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

rode the titan to the poags hole hillclimbs this past weekend. about 150 mile round trip. the old 2 stroke ran great.

here's a little video of me leaving to meet up with the rest of the crew:

just one of the competitor's bikes:

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                  82 gs1100L probably the next project
                  1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                  1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Rode from Pemberton to Gun Lake with my wife via the Duffy and Hwy 40. This is an awesome ride with spectacular scenery. We stayed overnight at Gun Lake.

Comment

Looks like a great area to ride.
                      With all the fabulous scenery it could be a bit dicey.
                      Although the margin for error in the second pic with the rock outcrop a couple inches from the road would probably keep you focused.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I went for a nice ride this weekend with awesome company. My friend Cheryl came to Ohio to visit me and go riding. After lunch Saturday we headed north towards Lake Erie. We detoured a little west to go to Middlefield, Ohio the hart of Amish country. We saw horse and buggies, long beards and bonnets... After a couple of rest stops we made it to our destination Geneva on the Lake, Ohio. It's a small town with a strip section along Lake Erie. There are bars, wineries, restaurants souvenir shops it looks like it was right out of the 50's. The motel we stayed at was right out of the 50's funky smell and all! After walking the strip and checking out Lake Erie we had a couple drinks at one of the bars then called it a day. Sunday, we bee lined it back to Youngstown taking route 11 (basically straight south) only 60 miles. After breakfast we went back to my house I did a quick fix to her car (plastic panel was flapping in the wind) and we said goodbye. Overall we rode about 150 miles. It was a good trip with a great friend.
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I liked this view of self shadow and the curve.
                          Although in the picture Can not really see that the road is in a curve here.

But IS evidence of it.

With the humidity, I thought might be good sunset over the lake.
                          Was somewhat.

Have had similar pics before... but I can't help myself.
                          (Fisherman go back to same place, right?)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              I went for a nice ride this weekend with awesome company. My friend Cheryl came to Ohio to visit me and go riding. After lunch Saturday we headed north towards Lake Erie. We detoured a little west to go to Middlefield, Ohio the hart of Amish country. We saw horse and buggies, long beards and bonnets... After a couple of rest stops we made it to our destination Geneva on the Lake, Ohio. It's a small town with a strip section along Lake Erie. There are bars, wineries, restaurants souvenir shops it looks like it was right out of the 50's. The motel we stayed at was right out of the 50's funky smell and all! After walking the strip and checking out Lake Erie we had a couple drinks at one of the bars then called it a day. Sunday, we bee lined it back to Youngstown taking route 11 (basically straight south) only 60 miles. After breakfast we went back to my house I did a quick fix to her car (plastic panel was flapping in the wind) and we said goodbye. Overall we rode about 150 miles. It was a good trip with a great friend.
                              And....
                              ... this would be pics of your ride.... right?
                              This area is to be used only for general GS topics. For non-GS related topics, join the Off-Topic usergroup. <b>Technical questions are not to be posted here.</b>

Comment

Yeah Redman, We went into the tattoo parlor. Cheryl wants me to get a tattoo. I'm thinking about the GS as in our GS Resource logo or a Suzuki "S" or the old Suzuki logo of the "S" with two wheels. We'll have to see. The picture of the fairiswheel, that is lake Erie in the background. We should have gotten a picture of the Amish, they like to have there picture taken... NOT haha
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X