No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We and a few others, got on our steeds and rode from Hilary's Boat Harbour down to Fremantle Port Western Australia, in aid of a charity run for Prostrate Cancer. The Distingushed Gentlemans Ride finished behind a pub, Clancys, and prise were handed out for the best dressed, the nastiest villian etc.
    and when I mean a few there were 271 riders of both genders, and all age groups.
    And I found another Gs850 in the crowd, much loved and high milage and the owner just loves it.
    I'd add a photo, but the new software update to my Ipad has confused itself, and totally crapped out.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-28-2014, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
      We and a few others, got on our steeds and rode from Hilary's Boat Harbour down to Fremantle Port Western Australia, in aid of a charity run for Prostrate Cancer. The Distingushed Gentlemans Ride finished behind a pub, Clancys, and prise were handed out for the best dressed, the nastiest villian etc.
      and when I mean a few there were 271 riders of both genders, and all age groups.
      And I found another Gs850 in the crowd, much loved and high milage and the owner just loves it.
      I'd add a photo, but the new software update to my Ipad has confused itself, and totally crapped out.

Nice to see this event making it on GSR in at least two places. Trevor and Andrew are doing the DGR in Victoria BC, Canada today. I must be the only DG in my part of the country?

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

took the t500 to nearby letchworth state park.

did a little off trail hiking down by the river. i don't think i've ever been to this exact spot before. great place to smoke some of the halflings weed.

then downstream about .5 mile and up hill about 100 feet. there were a couple people kayaking. you may be able to pick them out in this lousy cell phone picture. the cliffs shown are probably 200 to 300 feet high.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Wife & I both rode this afternoon.
          Stopped here at a favorite mocycle/road scene for view of fall colors starting to turn.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rode out to Point Reyes this morning. Beautiful Northern California.

Comment

Great day and many old classic's took part, me on my 1976 Z9.

Comment

My daughter Cheyenne and I went out for about 25 miles today but didn't take any pictures. She did a lot better in her riding today and I wish I could have gone longer with her but I confirmed I have an oil leak from a half moon. I'm thinking I might not have cleaned it up well enough after the valve adjustment I did a few weeks ago and will fix it tomorrow.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Caught a great sunset on the 1100G!

1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

Sunday I took a spin up the coast road then took the dirt road across back to the main road that only took a couple of hours, it was a fun mix of environments, I didn't go too far because I had not topped the fuel off or taken any water as it was a spur of the moment decision. Just a snap at the beach a few miles away on the way out.

sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

BMW bike night. Getting a new tire next week...lol

Then down to the beach....what an amazing summer and fall so far...

No signature

Comment

Did about 100 miles on Sunday in a memorial ride for my brother in law. The orange chopper in the video/pics is the bike he was building before he passed. His brothers have taken responsibility of finishing it and getting it road ready. Plans are to hand it down to my 13 year old nephew when he's old enough and ready for it.

https://plus.google.com/+MarioAlmeida1980/posts/ddhCwLXmvhN

Video is a little long and nowhere near professionally edited. I did what I could with it... lol

Last edited by Guest; 10-02-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Interesting rack you have on your 1100. It doesn't look like a stock item. Did you fabricate it?

I'm not a chopper fan, but that one looks quite nice. Simple enough, and not overdone.
                          '83 GS650G
                          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

It came with the bike, so I dont know if stock or custom... Rack actually contains a backrest for the passenger as well, but I've removed it. I'm removing the rack as well. I plan on making the bike look a little more Cafe Racer style...

Comment

Minority on this Oyster day. I was at least 30 miles away from Annacortes. Funny the group thing, minimum of six people per group. drinking nasty budweiser and coors light.
                              Had a longer ride planned, but a flat spot turned up at partial throttle, so I kept it short on the boinger.
                              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                                .... this Oyster day. .........
                                Translation, please.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X