No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you recall what is that appendix right below the left-hand turn light of the bike shop owner?
    That is the lower portion of the fairing, he has the fairing from the GS1000S mounted.
    Yes, although I can appreciate the work that has gone into the Kat, it is a bit much for me too.
    Yes the tail light on the flying brick is tiny, it has a number plate, a small one, if I remember correctly it sits on the side down by the axle, I think.

Comment

Thanks Pete, enjoying riding her.

Comment

Rode to work a couple days this week.

THis afternoon went out on a short ride, with idea of looking to see where tree colors might be changing as compared to least weekend (and pondering.. "when did I get to be so boring...?)

FOund some swans in a bayou

Found some tress have some branches turning color.

Went down by beach in town.
        Found sand blown across the road in some places.
        Deeper in my lane and less in other lane.
        I suppose I could go over in other lane, but, naw, its not that deep, and I have enough experience to deal with it.Downshift, high rpms, don't go slow, weight on pegs....
        nope... I missjudged something... dumped it... dumped it hard... I came off bike and rolled....
        got up... stepped back to bike, hit kill switch,.
        ... took a couple attempts to get bike back up with feet sliding thru the sand (do the back up to bike lift thing)
        bye then had one guy runn up to help, and another car stopping ... and a guy on an Indian going around me....

Got bike up, got on it, got it running, but would just spin rear wheel, not going anywhere.
        So got back off, and pushed while spinning rear wheel, and got out of the deep stuff.
        I thanked the guy that was helping push, and took off before someone came along who might consider I was reckless or something... so no pictures.

Go a few sore muscles in back and belly, probably from the exercersion of lifting bike while feet slipping out.. Had some sand in back of neck, probably from the roll. GOt a mark on top of tank, maybe where my boot came across it.

I suppose I should be better at judging the depth of the sand (a common occurance along there when windy).

Last edited by Redman; 10-05-2014, 07:51 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yikes, it must be a task to pick up that GK. Glad you're ok and hope the soreness passes quickly.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Sorry to hear that, I hope you heal up quickly, be careful out there.

Comment

Rode to Maryland for a recertification class for work. I was initally hesitant to ride for a work related trip, but when else will I get to ride and have hotel fare, gas, and tolls paid? The first half was frenetic interstate abuse in windy cool conditions. While not a fan of interstate riding, It does bring out a controlled aggression in the name of self preservation that I occasionally enjoy. Once off the interstate, I rode rt 15, a fairly open state highway into Md. At one very cool point, there was a nearly full moon to my left, and a beautiful sunset to my right both over wide open fields.
              I had hoped to arrive before dark, but failed, and I found myself trying to find the hotel at night in unfamiliar territory.
              Hopefully i havent screwed the pooch as Friday is calling for a 40% chance of NOT rain........Hows that for a positive spin?
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Rob and I gave Glenn a little hand with some furniture and I took this photo of Rob before we left. The Gentleman Tourer strikes again. lol

Today My neighbor and I did the Port Renfrew loop...about 285kms...great day 25 (80) and sunny!

No signature

Comment

Rode out to the Great Salt Lake Marina this afternoon for some fresh live brine shrimp for my aquariums.

----------------------------------------------------------------
                  2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Looking for an auto supply to get a turn signal bulb allowed me to do a little exploring while down here in Md. A guy on a Bandit gave me thumbs up. Its been a while (years) since I did some riding in a location I had zero knowledge of. It was fun.

How can a New Jersey boy in Maryland not stop at the New Jersey Monument? It was dedicated to a New Jersey regiment that came down to fight in the Civil War.
                    http://

Farm.
                    Last edited by dorkburger; 10-06-2014, 08:00 PM.
                    sigpic

Glen
                    -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Went down by beach in town.
                      Found sand blown across the road in some places.
                      Deeper in my lane and less in other lane.
                      I suppose I could go over in other lane, but, naw, its not that deep, and I have enough experience to deal with it.Downshift, high rpms, don't go slow, weight on pegs....
                      nope... I misjudged something... dumped it... dumped it hard... I came off bike and rolled....
                      got up... stepped back to bike, hit kill switch,.
                      ... took a couple attempts to get bike back up with feet sliding thru the sand (do the back up to bike lift thing)
                      bye then had one guy runn up to help, and another car stopping ... and a guy on an Indian going around me....

Got bike up, got on it, got it running, but would just spin rear wheel, not going anywhere.
                      So got back off, and pushed while spinning rear wheel, and got out of the deep stuff.
                      I thanked the guy that was helping push, and took off before someone came along who might consider I was reckless or something... so no pictures.

Go a few sore muscles in back and belly, probably from the exertion of lifting bike while feet slipping out.. Had some sand in back of neck, probably from the roll. GOt a mark on top of tank, maybe where my boot came across it.

I suppose I should be better at judging the depth of the sand (a common occurrence along there when windy).
                      Hoping that you are getting healed up. Been to a Doctor yet?
                      I thought that Highwayglider was the resident expert on taking the GK off-roading.

Comment

Did some more poking around today.
                        Found an abandoned dragstrip. I soooooo wanted to get a pic of the bike on the strip, but could not get in.

Ended the day on a very sour note......

F me......
                        sigpic

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Had a very enjoyable ride with friends Sunday, 274 miles worth. 101_1221.jpg The gathering begins, Ooops okay, gonna have to do it 3 more times. Didn't have them in my photo bucket yet.
                          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

101_1226.jpg Ski Apache look out point.
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

101_1229.jpg The Capitan Mountains in the distance, home of the late Smokey the Bear. We are at 9,969 ft at the Look out. The Capitan Mountains is one of two East/West mountain ranges in North America, can you guess the another one?
                              Last edited by mrbill5491; 10-07-2014, 07:18 PM.
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

101_1236.jpgGetting ready to head down the mountain, this sign is just outside of Cloudcroft.
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X