No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got out today,just enough to get her warmed up to finally do a sync with my new Carbtune.Nice piece,tons better than the old mercury stix.

Comment

Got out with the Katana Australia boys for a bit of a Christmas ride on Saturday. Nice roads but the weather was iffy and showering on and off. Some of the good roads were dry, some damp and greasy, but all in all a nice ride with good blokes

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

No, it's not a GS... but I did ride it today!

I love Canadian winter!
        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

buser, that is your Duc? How do you ride it without drawing unwanted attention? Does it have some kind of cloaking device?

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
            buser, that is your Duc? How do you ride it without drawing unwanted attention? Does it have some kind of cloaking device?
            Yup, she's mine! Only loud-azz cruisers get unwanted attention, everyone agrees that Ducatis make beautiful music!
            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Trevor and I as well as his neighbour on his KLR got out for a good ride.

Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                No, it's not a GS... but I did ride it today!

I love Canadian winter!
                It doesn't look like my Canadian winter. Had lots of snow here Thursday. Now, with all the mild weather, it's all wet roads in the forecast.
                1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
                1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Tim (twr1776) and I did a little "scouting" in Brown County yesterday. It started out very foggy and misty, temps in the low 40s. Perfect KLR650 weather, because it keeps the dust down. And a bit of moisture really gives you great traction in the dirt.

We had breakfast at the Gatesville General Store. A bit later on, it cleared up just a bit:

Later on, things improved to mostly cloudy. Still, Monroe Reservoir in December is always a rather bleak place.

Last edited by bwringer; 12-15-2014, 10:31 AM.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by odin1 View Post
                    It doesn't look like my Canadian winter. Had lots of snow here Thursday. Now, with all the mild weather, it's all wet roads in the forecast.
                    I grew up in Ottawa so I feel your pain... decided that life was too short to hibernate through half of it so I moved!
                    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Brisk 7 degrees C under cloudy skies today here on the south Island.... didn't stop me from exercising Project GS!

I suffer for my art...

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Stretched the legs on a pair of 750's today. Excellent outing for a mid December day in oHIo !

121514_Ride.jpg

Comment

Sharp looking bikes there Notz. I used to have a '79 that looked similar to your Blk/Blue '78 and currently have the carbon copy of the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Notz View Post
                            Stretched the legs on a pair of 750's today. Excellent outing for a mid December day in oHIo !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37528[/ATTACH]
                            Great looking bikes!! Thanks for posting.
                            No signature

Comment

I haven't ridden much since I moved to TN. Today's work schedule was clear so I played hooky and managed to put in 216 miles. It was pretty chilly. Probably never broke 45. Thank God for heated gear. Wish I'd had more of it today. In spite of getting cold, it was better than sitting in the office

There are a lot of things to see in Middle TN, and I saw some of them today.

Like this old mill

Its on the National Registry of Historic Places, for what that's worth. http://www.nps.gov/nr/feature/places/13000122.htm

Also rode on part of The Trail Of Tears

Tried to get my bike in the picture. Pulled right up under the sign. But the ground was so wet the side stand and center stand just sunk into it. Took the pic from the bike and then got out of there before whole bike sank!

Covered some of less interesting parts of The Natches Trace.

Lots of historic stuff just off The Trace like this old tobacco farm.

Way more stuff to see. Was just too cold to stop for any of it.

I'll have to go back later and ride the more fun parts and see more of the sights.

At some point I got too cold and wanted to head back to the stable, so I got off The Trace heading home. That was when I found the most amusing roads of the day. Great little 2 lane twisty roads with names like Leipers Creek, Mobley's Cut, and Johnson Hollow. They were just too short, but I need to scout out more like them.
                              Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                              Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                                I haven't ridden much since I moved to TN. Today's work schedule was clear so I played hooky and managed to put in 216 miles.
                                Covered some of less interesting parts of The Natches Trace.
                                At some point I got too cold and wanted to head back to the stable, so I got off The Trace heading home. That was when I found the most amusing roads of the day. Great little 2 lane twisty roads with names like Leipers Creek, Mobley's Cut, and Johnson Hollow. They were just too short, but I need to scout out more like them.
                                Hey, Greg,

Good to hear from you.
                                Good that you got out (while still can... but lets not talk about what coming.)
                                Your pic of the mill would be a candidate for Marvin Scott's posting (OT, hobby)

Yah, Natchez Trace is interesting. The road, and if find the actual original trail in places, and can see where is still worn down into the ground... from people walking... a century and a half ago.

And sounds like you had quite an adventure after getting off the Trace. Do report more when you explore those.

Dave

Last edited by Redman; 12-17-2014, 01:22 PM. Reason: typos

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X