anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's run

Not too often in NH do we get to ride in 45F, with no snow or ice or sand on roads, on the day after Christmas. I put the Vetter fairing and bags back on and went for a ride. Also, stopped by the lake to check the local stone wall builder's latest handy work.

Last edited by Guest; 12-26-2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I rode for 60 miles today, 14 of which Cheyenne rode with me, in a nice mid-40s day after Christmas. Although I was having problems with shifting back into 1st directly from second on several occasions (would have to shift back to 3rd then back down), I had a great ride out to one of the covered bridges I like. I also received a nice Christmas surprise in that a road that had been closed for some time was finally opened. I made a wrong turn and didn't ride all of it but had to make it back early so wasn't too bothered.

I know the issue with the shifting is the oil change that is overdue and will probably do that tomorrow morning before the rain comes again.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Trevor and I did a coffee run today on our GS1100's... hard to believe that mine started life exactly like his!

We need to do this more often...
        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I love those bikes guys, Dave I' really love your solo seater GSX.... Envious of your weather. We had decent weather this weekend but I've been balls to the wall busy with family Christmas events, sucks for the mercury went north of 50' over the weekend. Might take the Fizzy out later.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

You guys are lucky with that mild weather. Here we had 2 inches of snow and temps in the low 30's. Winter is setting in and may be a couple of months before we get a mild day to ride. Nice pics and great looking bikes especially that black gs1100e. Yours to cowboy. Later

Comment

Yes guys we are lucky.
              Here are mine from yesterday...

Look at these two scooters that came in while we were having coffee...they sounded awesome! Fun at Wheelies!!

Fueled by hate! Lol

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by alhntr View Post
                You guys are lucky with that mild weather. temps in the low 30's.
                That will be the high temps. here all frickin week! Time to move to warm/sunny Kanookistan.

Comment

Happy New Year! My first ride of 2015 is on the books!

Awesome riding when everything is closed, the roads are quiet and there's no humans around... until you make a wrong turn and end up riding into District 9.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                  2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Yep, showed up for the Polar Bear run

Pics to follow
                    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Lol...I was a the same pump today Dave.
                      I have some picks from the bmw polar bear ride today...
                      No signature

Comment

1st ride of 2015

Yep, I got out for a 80-85 miles today. It was 42F and threatening rain here in West Tennessee.

Not a great photo, AND I didn't date stamp it. So...trust me, this was today

sigpic
                        1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
                        2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

Originally posted by 81ZUKI75 View Post
                          Yep, I got out for a 80-85 miles today. It was 42F and threatening rain here in West Tennessee.

Not a great photo, AND I didn't date stamp it. So...trust me, this was today
                          And your bike looks happy to have gotten out too!
                          What is on the end of your handlebar? A hand guard or am I seeing things in the dark?

Comment

Here are some pics of BMW Island Riders....Annual tradition a pic at Island view beach. So everyone can send it back to where ever they are from..lol

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                              And your bike looks happy to have gotten out too!
                              What is on the end of your handlebar? A hand guard or am I seeing things in the dark?
                              "Storm" by Barkbusters...wind guards really ..

After an unfortunate and stupid tip over at "0" speed . Only the Storms and the Krausers got scraped a little ...
                              sigpic
                              1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
                              2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

Was 40's and mostly sunny today, went out to the garage to back the Bandit out, saw a river of water flowing out the door. So I took the truck to Lowe's for a new water heater instead. No complaints, it lasted 16 years. Supposed to be sunny and mid 50's Wednesday, will give it another try...
                                sigpic
                                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                                1983 GS1100e
                                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                                1980 GS1260
                                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                                X