anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice 70 mile ride in and out of heavy ground fog

Didn't get any pics, got distracted by getting my wife's new heated gear set up

Great views of all the volcanoes from higher elevations, the fog looked like the sea below us
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Great pics guys...glad to see my fellow pnw rally boys getting out..

I went out with my neighbour today...went up the Malahat to the look out that we brought you up to Charlie...

Then I went home and grabbed the 81 1100 and took my wife for her first ride on it since I bought it...went to my favorite book store in Sidney...

Dropped off my wife and grabbed the 750 for a little hooligan riding. Love my 750!!

What a day!! About 15 (60) today. Gotta love Canadian winters.

No signature

Comment

New record high in Seattle today, 63 and sunny. Took the GS out for a late-afternoon ride after work...Warm tomorrow as well.
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Too warm, pffft.

We don't go out on days like today!
          the road tends to melt the tyres, and the fuel evaporates.
          that's 122 degrees for you guys in Amurica!
          Attached Files

Comment

we rode our ice bikes on lily lake - locals have plowed a oval track and a road course -- my 97 kx250 is studded up and there is so much traction - I was in high gear all the way around the oval -- pitched over farther than I have ever been on asphalt... man I wish I were in better physical condition - then I could go faster longer --and not have to stop to rest and catch my breath.

batteries were dead in camera and phone yesterday sorry no photos.
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

A paltry 120 for me, nice weather though.

V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                we rode our ice bikes on lily lake - locals have plowed a oval track and a road course -- my 97 kx250 is studded up and there is so much traction - I was in high gear all the way around the oval -- pitched over farther than I have ever been on asphalt... man I wish I were in better physical condition - then I could go faster longer --and not have to stop to rest and catch my breath.

That sounds insanely fun.....
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Great pictures Charlie, fantastic. I really enjoy seeing your photo's, I just love that landscape in Northern California.
                  Rob
                  1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                  Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

No way! It didn't happen. Please get us some photos
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Trip, is the KX still from the 2 stroke days? If so thats even cooler still.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

oh yeah 2 smokers have that smell

20150125_121655.jpg I'm the only guy with a street helmet that is me in the yakuza bell on the left. The KX is a loaner and my buddy got some mechanical service for free- heck he ahs a dozen or so-- had to be jetted for the cold, lever mittens new reeds, studded tires, trans oil change, suspension adjustments, cover 1 radiator, hotter heat range spark plug ,,yadda yadda yadda... . I bought belucci's 1994 Yamaha yz/wr 250 (and his 1100ES) before he went to TX , and that is the bike we rode last year - the WR has wider gear ratios so you have to shift less - I am fixing some things and it will be ready after some Yamaha parts get in next week. These guys up here love blendzerall at 32/1 but I am still a fan of Maxima 927 at 40/1 and can't wait until I have to mix some more up.

I haven't mastered more than 1 photo per post so here is a peek of southern Wisconsin in January..

Comment

lily lake resort

20150125_121911.jpg I love how my wife takes pictures lol!

The ice is about 10" thick you can drive a full size truck on it. there is a little bar/grille here and a hotel with the private beach - big difference from AZ/NV heat I grew up in - we went the the dunes and had to outfit the bikes with paddle tires.

any way 45 miles an hour and faster really gets the heart pumping - believe it not there is more traction on the ice than you get on the asphalt.

Comment

any way 45 miles an hour and faster really gets the heart pumping - believe it not there is more traction on the ice than you get on the asphalt.
                            Yeah, a lot people don't realize that on ice the tire provides basically no traction, it's only a place to mount the studs which give you a mechanical bond to the ice where as with pavement you rely on fiction between the tires and pavement. If you've got the right hardness in the ice matched to the correct stud there is no slippage. Neat stuff.
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

From what I have been told Canadian studs are way longer and no plowing needed- is that right? also been told to and buy a tire let it harden up for two years before you put the studs into it - pretty new to me second year ever - and the tires I am using are in great shape very well taken care of- it makes a difference how you treat them how well they work - I rode a few bikes and can feel the difference.

I have moose covers and do not let my studs touch anything but water. STRICT instructions from the owner or else= . haha. ours are tiny little buggers they will cut you in an instant when you get close.

It is mind bending , nothing on two wheels like it

Comment

Sunny day... chasing the... clouds away...

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X