anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
    Now that I am working as a tech at the local Motorrad store, .....
    Hey, maybe you could investigate and PM and tell me what is the real story about clutch hub / xmision input shaft spline wear/failures on 02-03-04 1150RT (and others with the new for 02 6 speed xmission).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Redman's southern California adventure Friday.

Yesterday, Was upper 70s in San Diego, rode out of town on the 8, and it got even warmer.

Stopped at rest area after about 45 minutes.

Daughter & SIL, wife and I.

THen got to where it was good.
      Rt 79 to Julian. We took that route as the way that looked fairly intersting on the map and like least likely to get lost. Lots of other interesting roads on the map I had. But we didn't want to add distance, and didn't want to miss turns and turn around.

Still had sweat running down back, when temps then dropped into mid 60s at the higher elevation.

Stopped in Julian for BBQ.
      Walked around for a while.
      Then had pie, and rechecking the map.

Look at all those squigglys. (am not pointing to any thing in particular). Some roads marked as 'treacherous', some as "tight", some as "sweepers" some as "scenic". The rt 79 we took, that is in most pics above, did not even rate any comment on this map.

THis was a bit too much of a ride for wife.
      Then on way back, when got to the 15... we got to experience more of southern California.
      4 and 5 lanes of traffic backed up for miles.

GOt to experience more of California by doing a bit of lane splitting.
      Wife was too annoyed to cooperate and get some pictures of that (sorry, Greg).
      Did some lane splitting for a while, until wife was really scared and screaming.
      So told SIL to go on ahead and we stayed in lane. Then at least wife was only moaning and groaning then, not screaming.

Will Have a day to myself yet, and another one day for SIL & I to head out.
      Need to run some of those other roads (Palomar top of list)... and need to get back before traffic too far backed up.

Dave

PS: Getting weather reports from friends back home about 10 degrees, 30mph winds, snow accumulation and drifting. That must be an entire different continent, or something.

Last edited by Redman; 02-15-2015, 11:29 PM. Reason: revised pic size

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

What did you use to take the picture while riding those corners? great pictures, all of them
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
          What did you use to take the picture while riding those corners? great pictures, all of them
          Thanks for comment.

Answer: Wife/Passenger.
          We have had some discussions about what would make a good "riding" photo. Those conversations typically do not proceed well.

Comment

Wow Dave! That looks great. How do you like the bike?
            Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
            Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Rode a little over 150 miles today with my brother on his 1300 VStar. Our usual breakfast adventure. Took some pics. I am the worst photographer in the world. I need to pay more attention to what I am doing and frame a good shot. I use a smart phone and can barely see the screen when outside. I'm sure there is a well-known solution for this that is not well-known to me. Gainesville Fl to the Dixie Grill in Live Oak fl via the long way and then return home a different way. GREAT BREAKFAST. River pics are of the Suwannee River.

My Shiney G at an odd angle with part of my brother's lower torso and VStar (I suck at photos)

Last edited by 1948man; 02-15-2015, 05:39 PM.
              1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
              1983 GS 1100 G
              2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
              2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
              1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Branford and Rock Bluff Bridges

Branford Wayside Park complete with G and Fisherpeople

Houseboat angle South of Rock Bluff Bridge
                Last edited by 1948man; 02-15-2015, 03:41 PM.
                1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

The 1100g's were out today. Nice pictures of Florida 1948man.

[/URL]

[/URL]
                  [/URL]

The Scott river is a bit green from last weeks rain.

[/URL]

Another of the Scott river. These two are "Crappy Cellphone Pictures". A bit of an experiment on these.

[/URL]

New bridge on the Klamath river.

Another warm day 15c and clear. 170k ride over a couple of hours. Nice to stretch the legs ( arms). I saw flowers yesterday. Hang in there New England.

cg
                  Last edited by Charlie G; 02-15-2015, 08:57 PM.
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Nice pics Charlie, thanks for sharing. Your bike's looking good.
                    1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                      Wow Dave! That looks great. How do you like the bike?

Hi Greg.
                      Yes the ride Friday (and pics) was great.

But the ride I did today greatly surpasses that, and surpasses maybe even Texas Hill Country, to make it the best I have ever ridden.
                      No pics as I was riding with a group (San Diego BWM Owners. Today they had a special group ride for "New Owners and Visitors".)

Bike is great. Was several things that took a while to get used to, and some things am still working on.
                      But overall, the bikes capabilities are wasted on me.
                      I was barley keeping up with the guy ahead of me most of the times and other times I just dropped back, then when I did catch up to him, I could not even see those ahead of him. We caught up to them and they were standing on side of road off the bikes. This happened multiple times. (can PM more later).

I have two remaining occasions that I can go for ride here. I intend to go back to some of the places. Intned to have photos on that occasion.

Comment

Great photo's Charlie, sounds actually warm..nice. Trevor and I got out for a 'bit' of a ride today, 650 kms approximately up to Tofino and back, GREAT ride today. The road from Port Alberni to Tofino is a blast. Kennedy lake I think, half way to Tofino.

Up in Tofino, beautiful day today.

I think we're going to have a good spring.
                        Rob
                        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Great batch of pictures guys! Dave, im glad you're having a good time in Ca, and enjoying the new ride.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I think we're going to have a good spring.
                            Looks like you guys had a good ride! How was the road from Port Alberni to Tofino? Last time I rode that, there were frost heave cracks in the pavement that looked like they could swallow your front tire! Yes, that is Kennedy Lake on your way to the West Coast. Sunshine in Tofino... what a concept!
                            IBA# 12860
                            Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                            1984 KZ1100R
                            2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                            2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
                              Looks like you guys had a good ride! How was the road from Port Alberni to Tofino? Last time I rode that, there were frost heave cracks in the pavement that looked like they could swallow your front tire! Yes, that is Kennedy Lake on your way to the West Coast. Sunshine in Tofino... what a concept!
                              The road was pretty good Glenn but the road going into Tofino had some pretty major pot holes marked by orange cones. We had our Senas on and yelling "Cone" become somewhat of a laugh. Your ears must have been burning Glenn because we remarked several times how you would have loved the ride and that we missed you.
                              No signature

Comment

................. Trevor and I got out for a 'bit' of a ride today, 650 kms approximately up to Tofino and back, GREAT ride today. ......
                                AZR, Great photos.
                                Good pics of road and the bikes.
                                Appears that you went to some effort to find a good location, park bikes with concern for how appear in photo along with scene in background... all which means that probably had to consider all that when initially finding a good location.

Which is what I am intending to do today.
                                Last edited by Redman; 02-16-2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X