No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Met my friend Jay for lunch at wheelies yesterday. Jay started a neat little business a few years ago...He picks people up coming in on the cruise ships and takes them around Victoria for a few hours until their ship leaves again. Takes two people, one in the sidecar and the other on the back with him. Charges $225 for 3 hour ride. He now has a couple of bikes in service. Thought it would be a fun thing to do.

Last night my buddy Mark came over for some garage time and darts. Went out today for about 75km ride. Great day!

No signature

Comment

Nice stopper on that Ural!!! Really cool business venture. My old man wanted to do something similar for VT. He never followed through and I didn't really want to step down from my career to join. Maybe when I get into retirement???

Dave what is that cruiser a Vulcan?

Enjoy the weather boys and make the best of it. I really wish we could get some of that record warmth my way... Just the polar opposite. (yeah there was a pun there)

Ride safe, have fun and keep the pics rolling!!!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Went for a little cruise around the city and stopped at a beach. Should have rolled that garbage can out of the way but oh well.......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Short Breakfast Adventure ride to a country restaurant in Lake City, Fl. Good food. About 100 miles total. Temps supposed to hit 80 F later today. No pics. I never think to take any until my brother is leading and in a hurry. Refreshing ride. Bike is good.
          1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
          1983 GS 1100 G
          2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
          2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
          1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            Nice stopper on that Ural!!! Really cool business venture. My old man wanted to do something similar for VT. He never followed through and I didn't really want to step down from my career to join. Maybe when I get into retirement???

Dave what is that cruiser a Vulcan?

Enjoy the weather boys and make the best of it. I really wish we could get some of that record warmth my way... Just the polar opposite. (yeah there was a pun there)

Ride safe, have fun and keep the pics rolling!!!
            Yup, Vulcan 1700... aka: the worst bike I have ever had to ride. Why do people spend good money on bad stuff like this?
            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
              Yup, Vulcan 1700... aka: the worst bike I have ever had to ride. Why do people spend good money on bad stuff like this?
              Because some people think chrome is important. They are basically paying the premium on metal for those boehmeths are so loaded with chrome and steel. It's basically investing in a mobile scrap yard... Oops did I just say that out loud?
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Maiden Voyage out!

So the roads are clear finally but the snow pack left ALLOT of sand and salt. So I couldn't really "get after it". The sheer power this bike has is crazy. Tire would let go on anything over half throttle in any gear on this crap, I did hook up well 2nd into 3rd on a clean stretch and it felt like my innards were going to escape through my mouth... Wow. It's a frickin' rocket. The ride is very smooth and the brakes are great. The roll on in 6th gear at 2K RPM is ridiculous. the thing has torque EVERYWHERE. Might need to adjust the foot pegs but all in all, I really love this bike.

No buyers remorse here... Only could get 15 miles on before calling it quits and bringing it home. It was my only shot to ride this month so I took it. tomorrow the single digits return and more snow afterward... But I got a glimpse of spring!!! FINALLY!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Glad you got out Justin! Bike looks great too!

I washed my 83..hadn't washed it since last Sundays ride up to Tofino. And washed the rain (bmw) bike too. Great day, first time this year washing the bikes in short sleeves.

I ran into the Manchip family at Wheelies....Looking good guys!!

No signature

Comment

Jed, for some chroming is a viable alternative when restoring a GS, I'd rather have chrome plate than the zinc plating Suzuki used as a coating on bolts and other components, which just corrode before your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
                      Jed, for some chroming is a viable alternative when restoring a GS, I'd rather have chrome plate than the zinc plating Suzuki used as a coating on bolts and other components, which just corrode before your eyes.
                      I really Wasn't going after the GS crowd on that... Hell I bought my B-King because of the look and I love the nice chrome accents. I loved my GS750L and it had allot of chrome too. I was saying when people buy a bike because of the chrome and with nothing else in mind. Allot of guys I know ride the huge cruisers around because they "look and sound" cool. You have a 900lbs bike powered by an inferior Oil cooled V-twin engine, clearly the whole budget for the machine went into the chrome covers, highway bars, sissy bars, fenders, engine accents, huge handle bars, exhaust, nuts, bolts etc... Chrome plating isn't cheap but an oil cooled V-twin with a 5-speed tranny is. The GS's Look fantastic with chrome. But you Didn't buy a GS because of how shiny it was... Did you?
                      Last edited by Jedz123; 02-22-2015, 09:01 PM.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

We had a great maiden voyage out in the hack today! Great to have it back on the road again.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I would have loved to go for a ride, really had the itch lately but it was minus 10 degrees celsius here today. Felt balmy compared to the -23 it was yesterday without the wind chill.

Comment

Took the GS out today to Enumclaw, on the way to Mt. Rainier. Sunny and mid 50s.

Mt. Rainier in the distance (sorry for the bad photography)

sigpic
                            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                            1983 GS1100e
                            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                            1980 GS1260
                            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                              We had a great maiden voyage out in the hack today! Great to have it back on the road again.

Dave, She is sooo Damn Cute!!!!

Glad you guys had a great day!!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                                Took the GS out today to Enumclaw, on the way to Mt. Rainier. Sunny and mid 50s.

Mt. Rainier in the distance (sorry for the bad photography)

Thanks for the pics...your G looks awesome!
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X