anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glib View Post
    Took a ride this morning south of Camanche Lake and across Pardee Dam. Nice roads and scenery.

Pardee dam is in the background of this pic.
    Nice to see that lake full Nice bike!
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

No pictures, but I did drag both pigs out into the sun. I took the VZ out today for a 65 mile run around.

Comment

Sold the Bandit 1200 today and it went off to VT with Jedz123....but hit 40F this afternoon so I took the GS650 and then the GS1000 out for a ride. The river behind the bike is still frozen over and at least a foot of snow still blanketing the area.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
          Sold the Bandit 1200 today and it went off to VT with Jedz123....but hit 40F this afternoon so I took the GS650 and then the GS1000 out for a ride. The river behind the bike is still frozen over and at least a foot of snow still blanketing the area.
          Quite a day you had.

Our snow partly gone, but the lake still mostly froze.
          Just over 40 today.
          Got out for a bit.

Need a good rainy day, and then after that could get out the GK.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I did... Took a ride into the Concord NH area and grabbed my much missed GSF1200 from Lurch!

It was about 6 hours of total road time. Got back and put some fresh gas in the old bird. I let her warm up and took her for a much due spirited jaunt.

You know I forgot how fast these B-12's were. I have some low end jetting to work out and the pods need a good clean but all in all Lurch did a great job maintaining the old girl. THANKS SO MUCH LURCH!!

I then decided to get the rest of the Jedz liter lineup together for a quick shot and then some quick jaunts with each one... So much personality in the group.

3700cc of power in the palm of my hand!

I'm one happy GSR member today!!!

I GOT MY OIL COOLED, OLD SCHOOL ZUK BACK!

I have to say I feel very blessed to be in a position to have the bikes I put nearly 60K on the clock with.

THANK AGAIN LURCH! You have no idea how much it means to have my bike back!
            Last edited by Jedz123; 03-21-2015, 06:28 PM.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

My favorite Bandit S's. I'd take one in place of my GS550es.

Comment

Took a bike pile of dirt (1600lbs) that I have been avoiding for a while now to the dump yesterday. And did a bunch of power washing of my driveway and rock walls so my back was pretty sore today. Only went out for an hour or so. Wanted to get the riding game tag but got beat. Man I love the sound of my new pipe!

No signature

Comment

I am still waiting for parts for my Gs so out on the new toy today, 81 Z650 F2, it needs some things sorting but it is fun to ride. The weather was not great, but there were periods when it was very nice, though a bit cold and very wet at other times.

todays ride 8.jpg

Comment

Nice to see some pictures of Wales. Does it green up as the weather gets warmer?
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Nice to see some pictures of Wales. Does it green up as the weather gets warmer?
                      Indeed it does Charlie, a lovely green land. this one is from about 8 years back of my GS650L, which I still have and am refurbing again, just waiting for a cam cover gasket to arrive for it.

june 07 rudry & machen 009.jpg

Comment

Yes. I'd say it greens up. Nice shot.
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g

Comment

Took the GSX out for a good spin yesterday... It was 17' or -8'C when I left in the morning. Really really brisk and I had to wipe the ice off the bike but knew I had a day to get some good miles right after work so I went for it...
                          Warming up with the Sun rising over the Green Mountains.

I got maybe 100 miles on. Lot of stops along the way. I followed route 73 from the lake in Shoreham into Brandon then came up through Forest Dale then looped around 116 back into Middlebury.

Shoreham Congo Church. Nice building for such a small town.

Ferry access in Shoreham to Ticonderoga NY. Ferry doesn't run and as you can see Lake Champlain is still very much Frozen solid... I actually watched an ATV cross it when I parked. Reminding me that Summer is still farther away then I'd like.

Welcome to Vermont!

Plan on taking the FZ1 in today, 43' and overcast now and the mercury won't move much by the time I leave work. 100% rain but I'm going to try to snag some more miles. Finally riding season.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Boy you crazy Canadians will ride in any weather!! Wait...I see you live in Vermont!!!

Bike looks great!!
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              Boy you crazy Canadians will ride in any weather!! Wait...I see you live in Vermont!!!

Bike looks great!!
                              Thanks Trevor!

We Green Mountain Boys are a special type of crazy
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                                Thanks Trevor!

We Green Mountain Boys are a special type of crazy
                                What do you wear to ride in temps below freezing? I can't remember it ever being below 20F here although we're not far from the mountains where there is usually plenty of snow. I don't know if I could ever get acclimated to the cold enough to enjoy the ride.
                                sigpic
                                1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                                1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                                1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                                On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                                All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Working...
                                X