anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glib View Post
    What do you wear to ride in temps below freezing? I can't remember it ever being below 20F here although we're not far from the mountains where there is usually plenty of snow. I don't know if I could ever get acclimated to the cold enough to enjoy the ride.
    When I rode in it was just my full leathers, Insulated leather snowmobile gloves and an extra insulated jacket... I wasn't putting big miles on in the 17' morning just my 5 mile commute but it made for very very cold riding. The tires and the B-King didn't agree and I actually switched it to B mode so I could manage the traction issues I was having...

It was 40ish' when I put the 100 or so miles on after work. Wind was BAD by the tail end . Same gear... Comfy the whole time.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I have worn my snowboarding gloves while riding in the cold, but I dont like the loss of feeling and dexterity when working the controls. I adjust eventually. The heated grips help. I think a set of barkbusters of similar would be great if I did that much cold weather riding.
      The big gaiters on your Fizzy must work good I would think.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        I have worn my snowboarding gloves while riding in the cold, but I dont like the loss of feeling and dexterity when working the controls. I adjust eventually. The heated grips help. I think a set of barkbusters of similar would be great if I did that much cold weather riding.
        The big gaiters on your Fizzy must work good I would think.
        I took the hand protectors off.. They are ok but they are a fabric mix and I'm not a big fan, they get wet then cold and turn into giant pieces of ice...

I have used snowboarding gloves but the Burton's I had don't allow for full thumb movement... I bought the leather ones I have now a couple seasons back, warmer and better range of digit motion. I need to invest in heated gear, including gloves. I hear there is no replacement to that.

I did take the Fizzy out for about a 40 mile jaunt after work, took the long back way home from work. IT IS pouring out! But it was well worth it! I just got my first 1K miles on for the 2015 season!!! Love ridding in the dirt and mud!!!! Quick rinse when I got home...

Dual Sport tread + Liter = Hell of allot of fun!

IT'S MUD SEASON BOYS!!!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

That Fazer is sweet! Looks like a blast. I'm glad it finally warmed up here...I rode up to the old Whalehead Club in Corolla after work today. I finally got my new petcock in the mail to switch out a leaky one, so my first real ride in awhile!

The 30mph wind was a little crazy though haha

Comment

Yesterday I took the 750 out for a good beating and today I gave the 1300r a much needed bath and went for a rip in the hood.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Yesterday I took the 750 out for a good beating and today I gave the 1300r a much needed bath and went for a rip in the hood.

There was a bike just like that at my work today.
              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I've lived within 20 miles of the "Delta Loop" and never been on it until today. Slow ride but very relaxing.

This road was "closed to through traffic" but I decided to check it out anyway. No blockage just not county maintained so pretty rough.

Several restaurants and hangouts along the way.
                sigpic
                1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

2'C or 35' F But I did manage to rack 40 miles... So gorgeous today!!! The GSX is quite the lazy tourer believe it or not... Lug the 1340 in 6th and you can just cruise and relax for miles. I tried venturing into the lower mountain roads and it wasn't a good idea. Snow and Ice is still very prevalent... Keeping it in the Champlain Valley for now. At least I'm riding!

Gorgeous time of year although soon the mud will start to cling to everything. The Green mountains are snow capped. To think in a month it will be in the 50's (+10'C) and I will be able to go up into the mountain roads.

On the side of Otter Creek, one of the few rivers and water sheds that flows North, You can see it too is very much frozen.

In Whiting over looking the Green Mountain range before rolling back into Middlebury

Come on Spring, Let kick into gear. At least most of the snow cover is now gone!
                  Last edited by Jedz123; 03-29-2015, 02:56 PM.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by glib View Post

Man You west coast guys are already seeing lush and green vegetation!!! It looks like May over there already!!!... If I didn't love this area where I live I would consider moving out your way... I think I could get use to the rain. I could definitely get use to ridding all year round comfortably...

Great pics guys!!!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Thanks Jedz. You probably don't want to hear this but I don't think is was ever not green here this year. It only dropped to freezing a couple of nights this year. For sure being the warmest and driest winter I have ever seen. Most days were above 10 (50) degrees. We have already had days in the high 60s too. Which usually doesn't happen until late April.
                      No signature

Comment

Thanks Jedz. You probably don't want to hear this but I don't think is was ever not green here this year. It only dropped to freezing a couple of nights this year. For sure being the warmest and driest winter I have ever seen. Most days were above 10 (50) degrees. We have already had days in the high 60s too. Which usually doesn't happen until late April.
                        Just don't tell him what it's doing today Trev. { and the foreseeable future according to Environment Kanada } LOL........
                        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                          Just don't tell him what it's doing today Trev. { and the foreseeable future according to Environment Kanada } LOL........
                          You mean in Vancouver, lol
                          No signature

Comment

You mean in Vancouver, lol
                            You trying to BS a BS'er ?
                            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              Man You west coast guys are already seeing lush and green vegetation!!! It looks like May over there already!!!... If I didn't love this area where I live I would consider moving out your way... I think I could get use to the rain. I could definitely get use to ridding all year round comfortably...

Great pics guys!!!
                              Not complaining but very little rain the last few years. The winter was so mild (I guess ours got sent East) that you really could have ridden all year but the allergies are the worst in memory. Great riding for sure!
                              sigpic
                              1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                              1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                              1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                              On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                              All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                                Oh I'm not mad anymore boys. I'm on 2 wheels practically everyday now. True it's not gorgeous here as it is over there right now but Vermont is notorious for having some of the BEST summers in North America. To me warmer means less layers. I feel like I'm dressing up for a spacewalk to get ready to ride.

I'll take it... I'm riding, de-stressing and enjoying the fresh VT air. 3 months cooped up in doors was taking its toll... You can only watch so much Star Trek.

Glib I don't get allergies so I think a west coast environment would work for me... However 1 good ride through Green Mountains and the Anderondacks and you'll have a hard time leaving.
                                Last edited by Jedz123; 03-29-2015, 05:35 PM.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X