anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    I have full insulated leather pants and my leather jacket with the fleece liner. It keeps me pretty warm. I can usually get about 10 miles in 20' F. Upper 30's I can reach out about 100 miles at a time. Today I could have racked more miles on but had to come back into town to go to work... Oh well. I remember first staring out too... I didn't have very good riding equipment. Good equipment will last years, keep you warm and save your hide if you fall (heaven forbid). Worth ever penny! I also have a heated vest for those cold days I'm feeling overly ambitious to get over 100 miles...

I'm getting a High VIZ Viking DOT approved rain/winter suite. Suppose to be here tomorrow or Monday. That's suppose to be the best at sealing against the elements and with the liner it's rated to -20F. We will see. Only suppose to get warmer from here on out but I do ride in everything so high end rain gear was the next logical buy.

Well Bike looks good regardless. I use a Honda spray and wipe in between washes. Pretty good stuff, goes on everything (Minus seats and tires).

Works great on the B-King, Bandit and GR650

the FZ1 needs a power wash every time I'm done with her

Good luck bud! Ride safe!
    Good Lord ! I must admit I'm impressed. If it gets anywhere near 0'C here { which it doesn't very often } I'm parked with visions of black ice. Enjoyed your video.......
    Last edited by bccap; 04-03-2015, 12:36 PM.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

I got out in the 60F weather this afternoon. I thought I'd see more bikes but only 1 other out there on my 25 mile ride. Frost heaves and sand still make it tricky but it was nice not to be cold for a change. Plenty of snow still out there and dirty snow banks in pic will take awhile to melt away. The old GS1000G just keeps on ticking. Would have been a bargain for someone here when I asked, but I'm keeping for now.

Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Glad someone else capitalized on this 60' day! I saw allot of bikes today at least 10.

Lurch if I didn't know better you look to be in a desert. LOl there is allot of sand out your way. We just have clay here... Glad the 1000G ran great for ya!

Maiden voyage with B-K 2 up with my G/F. We got about 70 miles on then came back for a "nap"

Pics of us enjoying the ride.

We stopped in Orwell for lunch at the Buxton general store. then continued our ride around Addison county.

She shot some pics of me taking it out to take a run down the road and back...

Great day for it. I also got some Go-Pro Footage... I'll compile something

Getting some rest before I go into work at 6 PM for 9 hours...
        Last edited by Jedz123; 04-03-2015, 04:55 PM.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Pizza and coffee run this evening, a Brazilian couple from Sydney opened a pizza joint north of the city and it's a favourite spot for riders. Then a quick trip down to the beach for coffee by the sea, clocking up some miles on the Hayabusa.
          Sunday night in Perth is great because most people are away for the four day Easter weekend, or tucked in bed, and the freeways are almost deserted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            then came back for a "nap".
            I bet you were exhausted.....
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Got her started last night, so took her out for a quick spin this morning before having to sleep for work tonight. Yes this is me.

Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2015, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Another proud GSer. Excellent!
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Had to go into work today to try catching up on a project and decided to ride the bike. Almost put my self into a position of receiving a performance award but saw the gold stripes on the side of the Sheriff's SUV as I approached it from behind (he was on the left side of the road) just in time to slow down to the proper speed limit.

Ride home could have been longer but it is Easter and I am supposed to be at home.....
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

The wife and I went out for a jaunt on the GS1100 today, didn't get any shots out, spent the whole time riding. But, I got a couple of her all shined up prior to the ride.

Glad spring has finally shown up.
                    1978 GS1000E
                    1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
                    1981 GS1100E
                    1982 GS1100E
                    1982 GS1000SZ
                    1983 GS1100ED
                    1983 GS1100ESD
                    1978 Honda CB750K
                    1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

Had good family time early afternoon at sons, with grandkids, and our daughter visiting from California.

50 degrees later this afternoon.
                      roads washed with rain earlier this week.
                      Get GK out.

River free of ice.
                      But boat docks not in place yet.

Lake Michigan still froze.

am not really in the sand on the beach.
                      Am in a resteraunt (closed for winter) parking lot next to beach that had just recently been dug out. And had some more sand blown over it.
                      First use of the "panmoramic" feature.

Can get closer to the river channel out to piers now. Not a lot of people walking there.

Was good to get out.
                      was good that have some airflow thru the helment that wasn't lifethreatining hypothermnic, like just a couple weeks ago.
                      Was out for about an hour.
                      Hay, have survivied another winter.

Last edited by Redman; 04-05-2015, 10:00 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki_dog View Post
                        I got a couple of her all shined up prior to the ride.
                        Thats a sharp looking EZ !!
                        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Fantastic pictures everyone. Man that GK has to be the nicest one on the site, great pics!
                          Rob
                          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                            Thats a sharp looking EZ !!
                            Thanks. She's still one of my favorites.
                            1978 GS1000E
                            1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
                            1981 GS1100E
                            1982 GS1100E
                            1982 GS1000SZ
                            1983 GS1100ED
                            1983 GS1100ESD
                            1978 Honda CB750K
                            1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

Cool photo. If you hadn't explained it I would have thought sand dunes on the beach and how the Hell did you get down and back.........
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                                Cool photo. If you hadn't explained it I would have thought sand dunes on the beach and how the Hell did you get down and back.........
                                Maybe I should do that again.
                                Pick a spot where is no sight of the parking lot pavement... and somehow fake in something that looks like tire tracks in the sand.

Or... if enough sand in parking lot, might be actual tire tracks.
                                Oh, wait, ... I did try that once, .... and in addition to tire tracks in the sand, was also some tracks from the bike on its side, and tracks from me having done a summersault.
                                The sand was deeper than I though. (and I was moving kinda slow for a couple days after that.)

Last edited by Redman; 04-06-2015, 12:52 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X